Acupuncture anyone?

Hi Ladies... I also want to jump in on this thread and I am very interested in hearing from ladies who managed to get pregnant after acupuncture.

I had my second session yesterday and I am having it weekly at the moment. I am also taking some herbs to warm my uterus as my acupuncturist thinks that the eggs are being fertilised but not able to implant as I have a cold uterus.

I ovulated on Saturday and I am really hoping that it works straight away for me, but I know wanting that is probably asking for too much!

I have been trying to conceive since Dec 2009 and never expected to have any problems as I am only 21! I had endometriosis and a cyst removed in August and hubby has a sperm count on Friday, our doctor will then be putting us forward for IVF but I really hope we can manage it on our own.

Good luck to everyone xxx

Hello girls, mind if I join! I’ve bounced around a few of the sections in here, but never dropped into LTTC before, never really sure when it is you’re eligible to be in LTTC!

A bit about me … I’ve just turned 41, been TTC for 18 months now, had 3 failed IVFs. The last one was in Jan so I’m now making some drastic changes in the hope they will make a difference, one of them being trying acupuncture. I had my initial session last night with a little taster of having the needles in! It felt fine, I didn’t really feel much, but it was only a short session, but I did feel relaxed afterwards. I am also going to start taking Maca (anyone heard of this/taking this?). I also bought the Soft Cups to try but having got one out of the pack I hastily stuffed it back in again as it looks far too scary! Will probably try it sometime before the next cycle though as I’m determined to do whatever is possible! Just after my failed IVF, and yet another birthday with no BFP, I heard 2 people close to me were pregnant after less than 6 months of trying. I completely lost it at the weekend and was so upset. I really find it very difficult to believe that there isn’t some underlying problem when we manage to get fertilized eggs during IVF, they become good developing embryos, yet none have stuck (had 6 implanted in all), I’ve never managed to fall naturally pregnant, despite the fact my FSH & LH levels are good (especially given my age) and blood tests and my CBFM show I ovulate every month. Yet no sniff of a BFP at all, not even one that ended in a miscarriage (not that I wish that upon myself obviously, but at least it would show I could actually get pregnant naturally!). Everyone keeps saying I should focus on something else and then it would just happen, but how is that even possible when your whole life is driven by what time of the month it is, you can never just forget about it, especially when you are constantly surrounded by pregnant people and babies!

Grrrr sorry that was a bit rant, I’m sure you are all feeling the same things, is there anyone else there in a similar situation to me? Just feel very hopeless about the whole thing at the moment!

Baby dust to you all :)

I totally know what you are going through.... although you are much further down the line than I am. All I can say is do not give up.... believe me we all know how this TTC rules are every waking moment. I personally have put evrything on hold and think I will scream if I see one more pregnant friend or baby! (not that I am not happy for them).

Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is sharing my thoughts on this forum. Even DH does not know what I go through.

big :hugs: to you

Hi Girls, went back for my 5th/6th (not sure anymore!) session of acupuncture yesterday. Was a bit of a shocker. She thought that the front and back loops (sorry can't remember the names, ren and du maybe?) were blocked and my pulses and energy had fallen since our last meeting so she suggested quite an intensive treatment which meant having one of the needles in quite an intimate place. I'm sort of at the point where i'll try anything that might help but have felt dreadful since. I'm completely shattered which seems to be normal when she has done a lot of work on me but emotionally i seem to have crashed really low. I'm seeing her again on Weds for a follow up but just wondered if anyone else has expereinced either that particular acupuncture point and it's effects or the dramatic emotional down?

When I get my baby he/she sure can't say I didn't try hard enough lol!

Wow, that sounds a little extreme MrsPMA! Can't say I've experienced that particular point but I did feel down after my last session, so much so that I didn't go in for one this week. I will probably go in this week or next week though, as we're now moving on to ivf and I've heard so many good things about acupuncture with that.

I have only had 1 taster session so far so haven't had any needles in any strange places yet! Looking forward to my first proper session on Wednesday.

Got our review with our consultant tomorrow following our third failed IVF, I'm a bit anxious about it, as I'm sure all the questions I'm going to ask, or rather things I'm going to request, are going to be turned down, leaving us on our own with no clue where to go next!

I had my...4th? session sat. Since I had just O'd she didn't want to do anyhting too dramatic, so I did an easy session I guess, we did my back for the first time. Can't say I felt much this time, but it made me tired as always.

I had my 3rd sesh last night and she did pretty much the same as last time. Lots of needles on my feet, legs and hands. She did some on my tum again but this time did them in different places. She also fiddled with the needles abit more as she is confident i can take the feelings now. She left me for longer this time as well. Last time she left me alone for 15 while the needles were in and this time it was 30 mins.

I was absolutely pooped when i got home and went to bed really early :) xx

Just had my follow up appointment to last Friday's unnerving one lol. Things were much more normal and she was pleased with my progress (glad my body is doing what somebody tells it!). She said that after last friday when my pulses were so low she was pleased that they have bounced back and are steady still, she also told me and DH to get doing the dance so here we go again.....

Just wanted to reassure everyone after my slightly panicky previous post that I didn't really need to worry. Just feeling very tired now as usual after a treatment but annoyingly can't seem to get to sleep!

Hi ladies, I'm going to hop on this thread as well. I've been trying to natuarlly conceive for about 3 years. Well I've finally had enough and went to ob who did some preliminary blood work. They just called me back yesterday and said LH and E2 were low levels (don't know how low yet as I have to go see her today) on CD3. But I'll be moving to RE soon as my insurance wont cover treatment at the ob. I've seriously been considering acupuncture and one place has offered me a free consultation. I just wonder if it will actually work for what's wrong with me? Even if it just helps relieve stress I think it would be worth it.

Had my second session yesterday and loved it! It's relaxing if nothing else! I had needles in around my abdomen this time (as I'm in the 2WW). Also she used moxa? Anyone else had that? It's like candle wax shaped like a cigar, it's lit at the end, but doesn't catch on fire, just warms up, then she waves the hot end over where the needles have been. Felt great!

Also pleased our follow up appointment with the consultant went well. I'm having some tests done to see if there are any problems preventing implantation, and he's also prescribed Clomid! Can't take it yet though as have to wait for the test results to come back. I've got the 50mg dose which I believe is the lowest? Does anyone know if you can take it and Maca at the same time?

So for the next few cycles we are trying acupuncture, clomid, maca, preseed and soft cups! Surely one of those, or a combination of those, has got to work!

I am going to use soft cups too this cycle! Hopefully we both get results!

I took this off early pregnany tests.com

Although commonly used for period protection, trying-to-conceive (TTC) couples have discovered a new use for the Softcup - as a fertility aid!

So how are women using the hypo-allergenic Softcup to increase their chances of conceiving a baby? Instead of inserting the Softcup during their periods, trying-to-conceive couples are using the Softcup following lovemaking to help pool and hold sperm around the cervix. Alternately, semen can be directly deposited into the Softcup reservoir and inserted directly into the vagina and around the cervix.
[/I][/I]
[/I]

There are lots of reviews on the site, and there are threads on this site as well. =-)

Although commonly used for period protection, trying-to-conceive (TTC) couples have discovered a new use for the Softcup - as a fertility aid!

So how are women using the hypo-allergenic Softcup to increase their chances of conceiving a baby? Instead of inserting the Softcup during their periods, trying-to-conceive couples are using the Softcup following lovemaking to help pool and hold sperm around the cervix. Alternately, semen can be directly deposited into the Softcup reservoir and inserted directly into the vagina and around the cervix.
[/I][/I]
[/I]

There are lots of reviews on the site, and there are threads on this site as well. =-)

WOW, thanks holls - I might give this a go. It has been baffeling me as to how anyone gets a BFP - as even if I sit with my legs in the air after :sex:one sneeze 10 minutes later and it all seems to shoot out.:blush:
:dust::dust::dust:

I use softcups and they are fab. I put my legs in the air for 10 mins but then pop a softcup in and i can roll over and go to sleep knowing that they are trapped in there with no way of escape lol xx

[/I][/I]
[/I]

WOW, thanks holls - I might give this a go. It has been baffeling me as to how anyone gets a BFP - as even if I sit with my legs in the air after :sex:one sneeze 10 minutes later and it all seems to shoot out.:blush:
:dust::dust::dust:

Just brought some from Amazon :hugs:

Lisa - cool I will defo use them at night after :sex:, nothing worse then disturbed sleep coz your all damp and dribbly yuk:blush:

Holls - will this be your first time using the cup? Fingers crossed for us all.:thumbup:

All these extras are costing me a fortune. Whilst on amazon I also ordered another fertilty book and preg test sticks and tonight I have my second acupunture :headspin:£40 a go. Still it WILL all be worth it.

Have a great monday all :hugs::hug:

Yes this is my first cycle using the soft cups and first cycle using soy isoflavones. I have my first appt with a TCM acupuncturist this week, as well as the RE. It's time for me to get serious! I ordered my cups from Amazon as well. They ARE a little tricky to get out. But it's still worth it.

I'm doing acupuncture (AND soft-cups... they're called "Instead Cups" here in the states). The way I got around the high cost was to search out a School of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Instead of paying $75+ per session, I see a graduate of the school for $35. You can even see a student practitioner (with a teacher working alongside her, of course) for $25. If the cost is an issue, try seeing if there's a school in your area!

I'm also on a TCM regimen. It costs about $15-ish per week...

Yes this is my first cycle using the soft cups and first cycle using soy isoflavones. I have my first appt with a TCM acupuncturist this week, as well as the RE. It's time for me to get serious! I ordered my cups from Amazon as well. They ARE a little tricky to get out. But it's still worth it.

Hi holls
Yeah im on the 'lets get serious' and try everything now. I worry about my age 37 and the RE wont help after you are 39. So I have an apt in june and they will see about IVF - if he remembers!:wacko:
I just had a look at the soy thing, let me know how you get on with them and how they make you feel etc as I am on Clomid (2nd month) and only have 1 more batch to take.
Good luck :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"