Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Hi lovely ladies!

I have just been reading through this thread and am so excited that I finally have some people to relate to!

My partner and I have been trying to conceive for about 9 months now, but for the past 5 AF has been a no show :wacko: I had my last AF at the beginning of Feb and when she didn't arrive the following month, I was sure I was pregnant. But unfortunately I wasn't, so we just thought 'oh well, we can try again next month.' That would have been all well and good, but AF still hasn't shown up since.

I've been to quite a few drs, none of whom can give any answer as to why she's suddenly stopped. I've had ultrasounds and lots of various tests and no one can tell me what's happening. So I've started acupuncture. My doctor originally suggested clomid but I thought I'd rather try a natural way first!

So far I have had 2 sessions of acu, and I love it! AF still hasn't come but my acupuncturist seems very certain that it'll happen soon, so fingers crossed. I would just love to get my cycle back so we can really try!

The acupuncture points that I get are really similar to everyone else's stories I've read - feet, ankles, shins, belly, forehead, wrists and in between thumb and forefinger.

I'm so excited to follow all of your amazing stories and hope to be able to congratulate everyone soon on their BFPs :flower:

Good luck Kayleigh! Welcome! Xxx

Gl!! Please keep us updated, I'm excited to see how acu might help with your af getting on some type of schedule!!

Hi Needle friends!

Hi Kayleigh - I felt the same when I found this thread!! I've not ov since coming off bcp nearly 4 months ago. Today I started on dong quai and Angus castus, to try and bring on menstration.

Blythe - dk what ur taking but I bought the above from holland and barratt quite cheaply. My acupuncturist recommended dong quai ( but she is not a tcm practitioner) & by doing some research I added the Angus castus- I'm really hoping to have some sort of a cycle soon.

Good luck all & keep posting, hope we have some acupuncture successes soon! Xx

Hi susie....oddly enough I did self prescribe dong quai when I first became pregnant. However that was a few years ago now and it didn't work this time hence having something prescribed for me....I have 28 day cycles and ovulate on day 14 almost without fail but still been.trying for 18 months....depressing business this ttc is isn't it? When I did try dong quai again this time around it made me bleed...a lot! So fingers crossed it will help you x

Hi Needle friends!

Hi Kayleigh - I felt the same when I found this thread!! I've not ov since coming off bcp nearly 4 months ago. Today I started on dong quai and Angus castus, to try and bring on menstration.

Blythe - dk what ur taking but I bought the above from holland and barratt quite cheaply. My acupuncturist recommended dong quai ( but she is not a tcm practitioner) & by doing some research I added the Angus castus- I'm really hoping to have some sort of a cycle soon.

Good luck all & keep posting, hope we have some acupuncture successes soon! Xx

Fingers crossed the quai and angus castus work quickly! It's so frustrating not having any sort of cycle! Good luck and keep us updated on how you go!

I'm off to session 3 of acu on Friday so I'm hoping after that (if not before!) I get some sort of indication that things are back up and running :)

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is going! Xx

SusieC--"Needle friends" I love it, lol!!!

I went to my appointment for acupunture on Thursday. It went well, I'm going back twice this week (Tuesday + Thursday). I had a needle in each foot and I move one. Jeez, it was super painful but everything went well.

I should be ovulating very soon too, OPK is getting darker every day.

Yeah, the ones in my foot used to hurt really bad! It got better but when my acu probed, she found some more tender spots. I think it's qi stagnation.

Hi girls. Quick question about Chinese herbs....I am on them at the moment...a blended mis from my Chinese medicine practioner. I am taking along with weekly acupuncture sessions. The herbs alone cost £50 for a weeks worth and the acu sessions £30. I'm not well off so this is just too expensive for me to maintain on any long term basis. Anyhow, question is.....have you been prescribed the herbs (mine is the powdered form i put in hot water) to take every day of your cycle? I'm slightly concerned taking it post ovulation...my doc's English isn't that great....

Wow, your herbs are a lot! I am on herbs, but I take the capsule form so it's much cheaper and convenient. However, they are much more potent when you take them in powder form.

Hi susie....oddly enough I did self prescribe dong quai when I first became pregnant. However that was a few years ago now and it didn't work this time hence having something prescribed for me....I have 28 day cycles and ovulate on day 14 almost without fail but still been.trying for 18 months....depressing business this ttc is isn't it? When I did try dong quai again this time around it made me bleed...a lot! So fingers crossed it will help you x

TTC sure is depressing. I see you're working on #2 too. It's really maddening for me because I knew things were working a few months ago when I had dd#1 so I had been racking my brains trying to figure out what could have happened to mess my body up. At least my acu seems to have some sort of explanation that makes sense! Did your acu have a diagnosis for you?

Hi susie

My tcm doc says stress.....which they always say!! I have just turned 40 so it will take longer if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again. My fsh hormone levels are low so hoping a good egg comes hrough soon x

Blythe, it used to drive me up a wall when folks would tell me to "just relax" to get pregnant. I do think there is truth to it--but just much more complicated for some women than just going off and taking a vacation though.

My acu has given me herbs for Kidney Yin deficiency, which is a pretty common diagnosis for women who are chronically stressed out. Also blood deficiency which is supposedly common for women who have given birth fairly recently. I'm so glad she didn't just tell me that I was stressed out.

"TTC sure is depressing. I see you're working on #2 too. It's really maddening for me because I knew things were working a few months ago when I had dd#1 so I had been racking my brains trying to figure out what could have happened to mess my body up.

talk about stressing! Im trying of #1. Im forsure im broken somehow, hahaha. But really I think its the stress!!! GL on your upcoming cycle!!!

https://www.agelessherbs.com/ChineseHerbsforFertility.html

found this site, pretty neat!! talks about herbs and how the chinese view infertility

talk about stressing! Im trying of #1. Im forsure im broken somehow, hahaha. But really I think its the stress!!! GL on your upcoming cycle!!!

Yeah that does suck! I guess if they could find something wrong, it would be a little easier because then you would know what to fix. One thing I like about acu is that they always find a reason for not being able to conceive. There is no such thing as "unexplained infertility".

Oh and thanks for the link! Very interesting.

I'm good honey, stressing as I had EWCM on Sunday but no smily face on the opk. Not sure if I have not ovulated this month. Still trying to get back to normal since my laparoscopy. Hopefully I will get my smily face tomorrow. Two years ago I never would have even known about EWCM or OPKs!
How's you?
:0)

Ooh and the website's great! Thanks for the link! Xx

Hi All

Perhaps we shd start a "how to trick our bodies into thinking we're relaxed, when really we're stressed as hell ttc" thread!

I'm hoping the acupuncture will help me relax, but don't have another apt til next thurs (yet another 2ww!). Not that I have proper 2 ww at the mo, lol!
Come af show me the money!

My next appointment is tomorrow and I'm feeling much better than I was this time last week. I wonder what she'll have to say about the bad bout of Pms I experienced this cycle.

My next appointment is tomorrow and I'm feeling much better than I was this time last week. I wonder what she'll have to say about the bad bout of Pms I experienced this cycle.

Good luck Cali, as always keep us posted xx

Susie, lol at "show me the money" love it! :0)

Well ladies, I'm off to acu! Just curious, what do your tongues look like??

I'm am finally starting to notice two little stripes of pink peeking through the middle of my tongue where it has been really pale! Maybe this means improvement in my blood deficiency. Also the back of my tongue is no longer red and shiny and I don't have as many little red spots. Yay for more qi and improvement in my kidney yin deficiency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->