Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Ahhhh... Just back from an acu apt. She focused on relaxation today and away from the uterus. Feel really good right now. Mild cramping I've been having is gone (perhaps temporary, but hey I'll take it :) ). Still spotting but it's really light and slow so far when normally it'd get darker and heavier with time. Still don't think this will end in a bfp but I do feel better emotionally as well.

Today she stressed that I keep my midsection warm (use heat packs if necessary) and eliminate stress over ttc (sound easy right? :p ). I asked about the depth of needles and she does place them at different depths sometimes. She placed really shallow, tiny needles today as af is looming and everything is more sensitive during that time. I'll definitely be continuing treatments for the next month or 2 at least.

GL all! :dust:

ok I'm really mad! I went to the clinic and my appointment was cancel! She tried to call me to let me know that she called in sick but the secretary only tried to call me once and never left me a message. Now I have to wait tomorrow, but the secretary said she wasn't sure she would be in and she's off the rest of the week. *Sign

Awe that sucks. Hopefully they will reschedule you soon.

Well ladies I'm out this month, but excited about my appointment tomorrow :)

Thanks girl! I'm going to be able to test this month again :) I'll try for July 30 :)

How are you doing?

Sao sorry to hear that Moorebetter, massive hugs xxx

Hi All

It's so great to hear all the benefits that everyone has after acupuncture -I'm really looking forward to hearing some more success stories soon! This thread has made me feel really positive. Even if the acupuncture only helps to reduce my stress levels it'll make a massive difference to me and my OH lol! (although of course I'm hoping for more!).

I have my first apt today (after a stressful day at work). She doesn't mention TCM on her website so am not sure if she will give any info re that but I'll have to wait and see!!

Good luck all x

Hi everyone, after TRYING to convince myself that even after a short bleed that i was pregnant!!! Now that i've kicked myself up the backside and told myself i am NOT pregnant, i picked up the phone and made an appointment for acupuncture!!! Im Very Excited. Only thing is, she is away on holiday until the 23... so im booked in for the 27th!!! YAY :happydance:

Good luck to everyone :dust: x x x x

I had a great July 4 holiday yesterday and it's great to get back to see so many updates. I had expected AF yesterday, and that was part of the reason why I was so irritated because I thought it was going to mess up my whole holiday and I was not looking forward to sitting out in the heat at a cookout during the worst part of AF. But, AF didn't show up yesterday, and there's no sign of her showing up today as my temperatures are still up. I'm also feeling a little nauseous today and have been off and on over the past few days. This is day 32 of my cycle and I've never had a cycle go past day 31 without me being pregnant.

I know I should test, but I've had so many false alarms over the last few months I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I am going to try to wait until Sunday for AF. I have a family gathering on Saturday to go to so I don't want to be in a bad mood for that if it ends up being a BFN.

can acupunture help with exhaustion? I'm feeling so tired lately and got no energy or motivation, would it help?

It definitely helps me with exhaustion. I often feel exhausted and stressed out at the same time, but after acu I always feel I can cope better.

Also, before I started acu, I had been experiencing extreme exhaustion. I consulted an herbalist and it turns out I had a systemic candida infection. I took ACV for the yeast and she gave me so herbs to cleanse my liver. I also was told to take a clinical strength probiotic. The results were dramatic and I haven't had a problem with yeast or that level of exhaustion ever since. My herbalist was the one who strongly recommended acupuncture for me so I'm certain your acu can help you with your exhaustion.

Ahhhh... Just back from an acu apt. She focused on relaxation today and away from the uterus. Feel really good right now. Mild cramping I've been having is gone (perhaps temporary, but hey I'll take it :) ). Still spotting but it's really light and slow so far when normally it'd get darker and heavier with time. Still don't think this will end in a bfp but I do feel better emotionally as well.

Today she stressed that I keep my midsection warm (use heat packs if necessary) and eliminate stress over ttc (sound easy right? :p ). I asked about the depth of needles and she does place them at different depths sometimes. She placed really shallow, tiny needles today as af is looming and everything is more sensitive during that time. I'll definitely be continuing treatments for the next month or 2 at least.

GL all! :dust:

Glad you had a great appointment and some relief from the cramping. That is really interesting about the depths of the needles.

LOL at her telling you to eliminate your TTC stress! I wish I knew how to not stress out about it

ok I'm really mad! I went to the clinic and my appointment was cancel! She tried to call me to let me know that she called in sick but the secretary only tried to call me once and never left me a message. Now I have to wait tomorrow, but the secretary said she wasn't sure she would be in and she's off the rest of the week. *Sign

That really sucks! I hope this isn't an omen that your acu is going to cancel appointments on the regular. I don't think I could handle that. I thought most acu's realize their clients are working people and have to be particularly flexible about scheduling. I know my acu is very willing to adjust her schedule for me.

Well ladies I'm out this month, but excited about my appointment tomorrow :)

Sorry about AF, but it must be nice having an acu appointment right after. That's a pretty good consolation prize.

Hi All

It's so great to hear all the benefits that everyone has after acupuncture -I'm really looking forward to hearing some more success stories soon! This thread has made me feel really positive. Even if the acupuncture only helps to reduce my stress levels it'll make a massive difference to me and my OH lol! (although of course I'm hoping for more!).

I have my first apt today (after a stressful day at work). She doesn't mention TCM on her website so am not sure if she will give any info re that but I'll have to wait and see!!

Good luck all x

Good luck on your first appointment. I would love to be able to schedule my appointments right after work to have something to look forward to during the day. I go over my lunch hour and always feel like going home to chill out afterward instead of going on to work.

Hi everyone, after TRYING to convince myself that even after a short bleed that i was pregnant!!! Now that i've kicked myself up the backside and told myself i am NOT pregnant, i picked up the phone and made an appointment for acupuncture!!! Im Very Excited. Only thing is, she is away on holiday until the 23... so im booked in for the 27th!!! YAY :happydance:

Yay for getting your first appointment scheduled! I'm sure you will love it!

WeeNat yayayay im sure you will enjoy it! ttc is soooo stressful!

CaliDreaming glad to see you had a good 4th!!

Well I'm starting to spot, so it looks like no BFP for me this cycle. At least I didn't waste a pregnancy test. I guess I O'ed a day later than usual this time.

Thanks girl! I'm going to be able to test this month again :) I'll try for July 30 :)

How are you doing?

I'll be testing July 30th too...or maybe sooner. Looks like I'll be O early this cycle again. I'm already getting that second line on OPK since CD4 :shrug:

Calidreaming- sorry to hear that. Good luck for this month coming up zxx

Calidreaming sorry damn witch!! fx for next time ((hugs))

Danielle i will be testing the 1st Aug if I actually manage to wait that long!!!

Awe Cali. Sorry :( Hope you at least get af soon if it's coming and move on to a new month. I've been spotting now 5 days and still lingering *sigh. I think I o'd later than ff says!

Yay for getting your first appointment scheduled! I'm sure you will love it![/QUOTE]

WeeNat yayayay im sure you will enjoy it! ttc is soooo stressful!

Thanks girls.... is it weird that i'm feeling more relaxed since i made my appointment. Im in such a good mood :haha

Awe Cali. Sorry :( Hope you at least get af soon if it's coming and move on to a new month. I've been spotting now 5 days and still lingering *sigh. I think I o'd later than ff says!

Yup AF came shortly after the spotting. I'm getting really anxious and sad because my 38th birthday is coming up in September and I feel I'm running out of time. Maybe the PMS is contributing to my panic mode as well. Yesterday, I was looking up stuff about endometriosis because I've read that you can have it with no symptoms other than infertility. But it really doesn't seem to fit because my flow has been bright red for a few months now even though it seems lighter than the average woman..

Did your acu have anything to say about your spotting? You're expecting AF too right? What color is the blood?

Sorry to hear that AF appeared Cali. TTC is so stressful, it's hard not to worry about absolutely everything. A nurse said to me that other day "try not to worry, it'll happen when it happens" - she meant well but grr! :hugs:

Weenat - good luck with your first apt. I had mine yesterday - I slept like a dream last night. However, no-one warned me some (not all!) of the needles hurt a bit - clearly I am a wuss or stupid to have thought that they wouldn't lol! But I will defo be going back. She also recommended that i try dong quai - has anyone else tried this to bring on menstration? I've looked it up and am a bit worried as it seems quite strong and also shd not be used in pregnancy (although clearly I'm not pregnant I'm actively ttc just 'in case' I ever ovulate lol!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->