Acupuncture - does it work? Any success stories?

Glad ur feeling better after ur apt & also to hear others find it helps to destress. I'm really looking forward to my first apt now. Also looking forward to hearing some acupuncture success stories! X

seems like lots of us have appts tomorrow can't wait to hear how we all get on. Good luck girls!!!!!!!!!

stalking :coffee:

I've been reading your thread- I'm very interested as I've been trying TCM and acupuncture for the last 4 months.. I'm starting to really get down that it hasn't worked yet and questioning whether I can keep it up financially. My acupuncturist wants me to continue once a week.. but that means like $400/month so it's getting difficult to justify! I have found it helpful and I think it has helped this far but no BFP yet so I was actually very relieved that you had mentioned that your acupuncturist said it may take 6 months to see results.. that gives me hope and maybe I should continue at least for two more months?!?!

Thanks!

stalking :coffee:

I've been reading your thread- I'm very interested as I've been trying TCM and acupuncture for the last 4 months.. I'm starting to really get down that it hasn't worked yet and questioning whether I can keep it up financially. My acupuncturist wants me to continue once a week.. but that means like $400/month so it's getting difficult to justify! I have found it helpful and I think it has helped this far but no BFP yet so I was actually very relieved that you had mentioned that your acupuncturist said it may take 6 months to see results.. that gives me hope and maybe I should continue at least for two more months?!?!

Thanks!

Hi born2bamama!

Yeah, I would keep up for another 2 months. I think you've already come this far so you might as well see it through and give it a fair shot. There's a lot of women who have immediate success but I've also ready about those who took months. The way I think of it, it takes a minimum of three months for you body to get back into balance, and then once that happens you still have to wait for the right egg and sperm. So I can see how 6 months is more realistic for most women.

For me, I'm going to continue on for at least 6 months. But if it hasn't happened in that period of time I will keep going to acu, but set the wheels in motion to see a doctor to make sure there's physically wrong with me. Since I'm about to be 38 I don't think I can waste time if I have endo or blocked tubes or something. If I have to go that route, I won't see the acu as a waste because it can only help if we decide we need to try an IUI or IVF.

Hi ladies,

I'm also committing to 6 months, but lucky that acu is very popular here in the uk so I only pay £40 a week, about $55 I think.

Has anybody's acu talked about clots in menstration? Mine talked last week about how we need to aim for not having any clots as in TCM they are a sign all is not well.

Does anybody have any experience of this?

Thanks needle friends!

Gosh i need some help! Just been for first appointment and she was fantastic but i had a really strong reaction once all the needles were in and 'circuit complete' I was so hot and sweaty felt very nauseus was very pale......apparently I have a big blockage and sometimes peoples bodies react like this first time - it terrified me and i'm ment to be going back next week (still feel dodgey now an hour later!) She insisted that next time wouldn't be so strong.....

has anyone else had this? what should i do?

Hi ladies,

I'm also committing to 6 months, but lucky that acu is very popular here in the uk so I only pay £40 a week, about $55 I think.

Has anybody's acu talked about clots in menstration? Mine talked last week about how we need to aim for not having any clots as in TCM they are a sign all is not well.

Does anybody have any experience of this?

Thanks needle friends!

$55 is a great deal. I'm in the U.S. and $75 a session is about the going rate in my area of the country. It still beats IUI/IVF because most people don't have insurance that covers it here.

My acu talked about clots in my menstruation at my first session. Before I started acu I had consulted an herbalist who had given me some herbs for that as well as a liver cleanse. So by the time I decided to start acu this wasn't a problem for me. The clots mean that blood is not flowing as well to your reproductive organs as it should. The clots are old blood and tissue that weren't cleaned out from the last cycle. It only took about two cycles for my clots to get cleared away completely.

From what I can gather in TCM clots can be caused by blood stasis, or a blood and/or qi deficiency(from not enough blood being in your system and/or not enough qi to move it to where it needs to go.

Gosh i need some help! Just been for first appointment and she was fantastic but i had a really strong reaction once all the needles were in and 'circuit complete' I was so hot and sweaty felt very nauseus was very pale......apparently I have a big blockage and sometimes peoples bodies react like this first time - it terrified me and i'm ment to be going back next week (still feel dodgey now an hour later!) She insisted that next time wouldn't be so strong.....

has anyone else had this? what should i do?

My reaction wasn't nearly that strong the first time. Some of the needles, especially the ones in my feet and legs were very uncomfortable going in, but the discomfort only lasted a second. Once the needles were I didn't know they were there. Now that I've been going for a few times I don't feel them as much as all.

I think it is probably good that you had that reaction because it means that the acu is working and she's hit the right points. Did your acu give you a diagnosis??

At my last session, she was pressing on some points on top of my feet with her hand and asked me if it was tender. When she found a tender spot, she then placed a needle in that spot. She also felt around my ribs but I felt nothing tender so she didn't place any needles. At previous sessions, she has asked me if I had any tender spots in my legs. I used to have tender spots in my legs but now I don't have any. I think that is probably qi stagnation that she's trying to address.

Thank you cali she said that my circuit that controls menstrul flow energy had been totally blocked since i was very young it was that she was working on. The needles going in were fine - painful when moved them but as she explained that was normal i was fine with it. It was literally as soon as last one went in I was drenched in sweat and thought i was going to be sick/or pass out or both!

Really very anxious about going back!

Hi everyone,

I have been going to accupunctue for 4 months, initially I went once a week to get my cycle in balance. Now I go once just before ovulation and she does accupuncture to boost that. My cycle is regular and I have noticed an increase in EWCM at ovulation since attending.

My husband had a sperm count of 19 million ( confirmed over 4 SA) when I went and she asked me to bring him along for some accupuncture. He had two sessions and his next SA was 58 million so it really does work in improving sperm counts.

We are both now going every 4 weeks just before ovulation. We have also had hair testing done which checks for any defficiencies in your system, the results showed we were both low in zinc and selenium - explains my OH low count. She gave us a nutrition plan and supplements to improve this which was tailored to the rsults.

We have now decided to go for IVF so I am going to keep up the accupuncture. Good luck to you all. x

Can I ask where they put needles in your husband? Trying to convince dh to go also but he's freaked that needles will have to be placed in unmentionable places :winkwink: lol

Thank you cali she said that my circuit that controls menstrul flow energy had been totally blocked since i was very young it was that she was working on. The needles going in were fine - painful when moved them but as she explained that was normal i was fine with it. It was literally as soon as last one went in I was drenched in sweat and thought i was going to be sick/or pass out or both!

Really very anxious about going back!

Gee that's really interesting. I wonder if that is blood stasis? It sucks that you feel so bad during the session, but I guess it's good to know that the acu must be doing something. When I went for my first session, I was worried that I wouldn't feel it doing anything. Did she give you any herbs to take?

ETA: I found the following on the side effects you're having:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/523740-why-does-dizziness-occur-after-acupuncture/

"The risk of an adverse reaction from an acupuncture treatment is low, but after a deep session you may experience a feeling of lightheadedness or dizziness. Unless it's accompanied by severe nausea or vertigo, mild dizziness is probably a natural result of the rebalancing of electrical energies along the meridians of your body. Rather than being a symptom of something wrong, it may be a sign that the treatment was effective.
"

Hi everyone,

I have been going to accupunctue for 4 months, initially I went once a week to get my cycle in balance. Now I go once just before ovulation and she does accupuncture to boost that. My cycle is regular and I have noticed an increase in EWCM at ovulation since attending.

My husband had a sperm count of 19 million ( confirmed over 4 SA) when I went and she asked me to bring him along for some accupuncture. He had two sessions and his next SA was 58 million so it really does work in improving sperm counts.

We are both now going every 4 weeks just before ovulation. We have also had hair testing done which checks for any defficiencies in your system, the results showed we were both low in zinc and selenium - explains my OH low count. She gave us a nutrition plan and supplements to improve this which was tailored to the rsults.

We have now decided to go for IVF so I am going to keep up the accupuncture. Good luck to you all. x

Sounds like both you and your hubby have gotten great results from acupunture! That was a big improvement in sperm counts!

I wish I could have had hair testing done. I know I have lots of deficiencies. Even my hair had gotten dry and brittle. I know that diet plan must have been helpful. My acu talked in general about diet, but nothing in detail.

Good luck on your IVF! When are you getting it done?? You will probably have an excellent chance of success because it sounds like the acu has done wonders for you.

Danielle- good luck! Let us know how you get on!

Cali- thanks for your help, info regarding clots is massively helpful :)

Xxx

Can I ask where they put needles in your husband? Trying to convince dh to go also but he's freaked that needles will have to be placed in unmentionable places :winkwink: lol

To begin with they put them in his back to flush out toxins and unblock negative energy, then they put them in his abdomen just under his belly button. All he had to do was lift up his shirt. They also put them in his feet.

After two sessions his counts had trebbled, before that we had tried vitamins etc for almost a year and nothing had worked!

can acupunture help with exhaustion? I'm feeling so tired lately and got no energy or motivation, would it help?

Good luck on your IVF! When are you getting it done?? You will probably have an excellent chance of success because it sounds like the acu has done wonders for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We are going for it at the end of September so hoping that by that time our bodies will be in the best shape they can be. If we have to go through the treatment I want to do it knowing I have given it my best shot and done everything I can do!

can acupunture help with exhaustion? I'm feeling so tired lately and got no energy or motivation, would it help?

I think so, I always feel less stressed and run down after a session and I get a great nights sleep after I have had it done!

I think so, I always feel less stressed and run down after a session and I get a great nights sleep after I have had it done!

Sweet! My insurance covers it, so I'm going to take this opportunity to give it a try. I had a few massages at that same clinic, but find it would just take some stress off my shoulders. It didn't help me sleep or anything. I can't wait to go to my appointment this afternoon. :happydance:

Hi danielle, I always feel really tired afterwards, and more exhausted, but then sleep really well and the next morning wake up feeling refreshed. :)

Hi born2bamama!

Yeah, I would keep up for another 2 months. I think you've already come this far so you might as well see it through and give it a fair shot. There's a lot of women who have immediate success but I've also ready about those who took months. The way I think of it, it takes a minimum of three months for you body to get back into balance, and then once that happens you still have to wait for the right egg and sperm. So I can see how 6 months is more realistic for most women.

For me, I'm going to continue on for at least 6 months. But if it hasn't happened in that period of time I will keep going to acu, but set the wheels in motion to see a doctor to make sure there's physically wrong with me. Since I'm about to be 38 I don't think I can waste time if I have endo or blocked tubes or something. If I have to go that route, I won't see the acu as a waste because it can only help if we decide we need to try an IUI or IVF.

Thanks so much.. I think I will continue for another 2 months at least, I'm also hoping to get hubby to try it out since reading the other post on it helping up sperm count so drastically! (we don't know there are any issues but still can't hurt!) Hope acupuncture helps everyone on this thread- I'll be checking in for sure (and let you know any results *wishful thinking*)
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->