Adoption journey

Ugh, I hate when doctors don't take your concerns seriously. You think that if you'd mention that you think it's a certain something that they would test for that certain something. Hopefully you can figure it out quickly!

It sounds like a wonderful birthday party!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out for us, I have to remain hopeful.
So I found out yesterday that our references had received their forms! I know 2 of them have already filled them out. I can't wait to find out the next step!

Hi all I'm a silent cheerleader :) you are all wonderful people and super mums and mums to be . I came accross this and thought of you all

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
<3

Nothing new to report here, I know everyone's filled out their forms. I just hope they've all mailed them back lol
I'm not sure what happens next but I'm excited!

Thank you for sharing :cloud9:

I'm excited for you TR! I really enjoyed the process even though it's intense and invasive. I think for me it was making steps towards having a family and felt more concrete, whereas for us ICSI was always a gamble. Keep us posted!

Happy weekend everyone xxx

My parents asked us to come over last night. They said that my Uncle Joe called to talk something through with them. He said his step son has a 1 1/2 year old daughter. The mom has lost custody and the dad is thinking about turning her over to CPS in Arizona because he can't afford to take care of her. My parents told my Uncle Joe about how we have been trying to adopt and offered us as a solution, among others option he would have. They wanted my Uncle to have options to give his son, but also to know that we are very willing. Now we have to see what happens with my uncle talking to his son. Then if by some miracle he decides to place with us, figure out how that will all work.

Everything crossed Karen, please keep us posted on progress xx

Oh Karen I really hope things work out for you Hun!!
Hope everyone is ok :) things are busy this end with work and the build up to christmas! X

Thanks guys. I don't know if anything will come from it, but I had to tell someone. Thanks for being there for me even though I am not on a lot.

Thanks guys. I don't know if anything will come from it, but I had to tell someone. Thanks for being there for me even though I am not on a lot.

I am in AZ, so if there is anything you need or anything I can do, let me know! I hope this works out for you. I have been busy with my 2 foster girls and family for the holiday.

Hi I was just wondering if someone could answer a question I have been thinking about.
At the moment I am trying to be a foster carer and I was wondering if I got excepted to be a foster carer, is it more than likely that I would be excepted to adopt, or is the screening a lot harder to get through..
Oh and I already have 6 children age ranging from 3 to 17 years..
I have been following your stories and it is so nice that how you sport each other on this thread...

Hey ladies hope everyone is well. Today my little monkey turns 4 and I've had such an emotional morning. Crying like a baby cant believe where the time has gone and tears of joy that he has been in my life for almost 4 years in Jan. Also sad that i wasnt there for his birth :( I also wonder about his birth mother today she is my niece and no one has seen her in a while so I just hope she is safe and ok. First pic is when we brought our son home and the second is from this past weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5167.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 7
Oh my goodness puppy, he is just gorgeous. What a whirlwind of emotions you must be feeling. Your son must make you so proud. What lovely pictures. Happy birthday!!

Helloeveryone I would assume if you were approved to foster you would be to adopt. You will have passed medicals, police checks etc. If you're doing fostering you obviously get paid so they would have to look at your finances and make sure if you were to adopt you could afford to if you were to stop your fostering job. You would have to go through the process again though and be approved as a prospective adopter. Is it something you're considering going forward?

I hope everyone is doing ok. We've been hit by so many germs the last few weeks it's been horrible. Luckily little pink was well enough to attend our adoption agency's Christmas party recently. We met our friends from prep and their son who is only 3 weeks older. It was great. And they were too cute, dancing, holding hands, kissing and cuddling!!

Love to you all xxx

Happy 4th birthday little man! He's adorable!

Lolly hopefully the germs take a break over Christmas!

There's not a lot going on here, we had some more forms sent to us and they're going to try and move things along faster by letting someone else do the homestudy. I'm not sure when it's all going to start but I'm excited! I'm assuming (although I could be wrong) someone from the local ministry will take care of it. I'll find out when it all happens I'm sure.

I am currently trying to declutter. I have so much baby clothes, there are literally stacks of baby clothes that I'm now trying to put into bags so I can give it to my husband's cousin who just found out she's pregnant. I'm just throwing everything at her lol
She'll have fun going through it all and I get some space back! Win/win!

Thanks lolly for replying
Right now we are all excited to start to foster that's if we get accepted.
I would like to adopt in the future when my children are a little bit older, or if the children find fostering to hard. We don't need the money for fostering so that wouldn't be a problem , if we wanted to adopt some time.

I'm sure you would be welcomed to apply to adopt going forward definitely! How long until your panel for fostering? How exciting!! :)

Helloeveryone, I think as a foster parent you would be considered first if you're what they think that child needs. From what I understand is that if the child is happy and thriving with a foster family they would be first choice to adopt the child.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->