Adoption journey

Thanks try rocking,
how is your application going are you trying to foster or adopt ?

And how are you finding the process so far?

I have found the process so far ....exciting, scary, a little bit personally, stressful, wishing the time would go faster, worried about getting turned down, I think every amotion going.
But to be honest most of the time it's just exciting knowing I will be able to help a child come through the worse time in their life and learn to trust, love , smile and laugh again, I am so excited to do that to a child.

How is everyone on this thread doing ? Some days this thread goes quite quite but I injoy finding out how things are going from people.
Hope everyone is having a good day, I am spending the day wrapping for Christmas and filling in more of my skills to foster book xxxxxx

Hi all,
Sorry I've been a bit AWOL! Lol
Welcome hello everyone!
My step sister is a fc and she went on to adopt one of her little ones! I think if you can prove finances then it's not very different to the assessment for being a foster carer. Also worth remembering that if you go on to adopt a foster child you still get your foster allowance for a period of time so that helps financially, think it's about 18 months but don't quote me on that! Lol
Hope everyone is well :)
Things are all go here in the run up to christmas. I break up for Xmas hols on Wednesday and cannot wait!! We are taking little man to see Santa on Thursday at a local zoo so we are excited about that! Littlie is loving all the christmas decorations :) he is constantly gasping and saying 'ooh!' I think we will have a very excited boy on christmas morning! Can't wait!!
Dh and I have started debating on when we will look to adopt a sibling for our boy. We would love a bio sibling but that's something we have no control over so now it's just deciding how long we wait.... We're ready right now to be honest but want it to be the right timing for our boy. Really want a sibling not too far apart in age so they really grow up together! X

Helloeveryone, we are wanting to adopt. We have our eye on a little girl but the worker has told us it's almost next to impossible. We're still trying though, she is such a happy little girl despite what's gone on in her life.

We aren't that far into the process, we've filled out the forms, had my husband fingerprinted (there's someone out there with the same name and same age range who shouldn't be around kids - no worries, not my husband lol), filled out a few more forms and now we're waiting on the home study I believe. Not a lot going on at this point, I just mailed off the last forms that were sent to us, the worker would have gotten it either Friday or they'll get it Monday.

I'm ok with the process so far, I am trying to remain optimistic that we'll be able to adopt the little girl we would like but also a bit worried we won't. The worker did say that they would like her to be paired up with a sibling and as much as I would like to be able to do that, we don't have a big enough house for 4 kids, as it is 2 of the kids would be sharing a room.

Bean, understandable! How old is your little man? And are you looking for a baby/toddler/older? I have my two children 4 years apart and that for me is amazing. It's not for everyone though, for me it works great. My daughter is a huge help with the baby. I can run and go pee and she'll keep an eye on him lol

Thanks Hun :) he is 22 months at the moment. We would like a younger sibling, I don't think it would be fair to take on an older child. He's been here for a year and I think he needs to be the oldest.
We are by no means decided on what we'll do yet! Time will tell! Lol x

Dreamingofabean. Thanks for the wecome and the replie, I didn't know you still got paid for a little bit of time after you adopt a foster child.
It's nice you are thinking of adopting again, does it normally take long once you get started, I would guess it would be easyier 2nd time around.

Try rocking I hope you get the little girl you are after..

Anyway better go now how everyone has a good day...xxx

Hi everyone! Think I've finally finished my Christmas shopping! Still no tree up though which is awful, going to buy one tomorrow I think, can't wait to see the kids faces!! Are you guys all organised?

Little pink is fab, she's settled in so well at nursery, we walked past Saturday on the way to the shops and she cried because she wanted to go in!! How times change! She is bringing home some paintings now and lots of Christmas cards from her friends :cloud9: In line with new legislation in the UK I've just booked her in for her free 15 hours a week so she will attend Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8-1. In hindsight I'm really glad I started her early as she will be able to cope with more by January. Slowly eased her in and now she's raring to go!! :D I've emailed my boss today about returning to work. Bit surreal having had adoption and then maternity leave back to back! Little man has been really poorly lately, we ended up at hospital 3 trimes in a week :cry: But just yesterday he really came round and again today he's doing fab. Please please let him stay well this time!

Sorry for the me post, just thought would share our news. Love hearing all of yours! Oh and just to make you laugh little pink was making smells yesterday and my mum asked her if she had done a poo, she held on to her bottom and with a very serious face said 'no granny, wind' :haha: And she was right!! Love her so much!! :haha:

Hi how's every one doing ?
Lolly lovely you have finished your Christmas shopping, I have also just finished my Christmas shopping.
It's so cute the things children say, the other week my son said he has just done a burp out of his bum. ( he's 3 years old now)
I went to the library last week and got 11 books out of different aspects of fostering, I am really enjoying reading them,as I feel they are rearly helping me train to being a good foster carer.

I have started to feel like a foster carer that hasn't got a foster child yet.
So I will be devastated if we get turned down.

Hello everyone sorry I've been awol.
Hope everyone is doing alright and ready for Christmas.

Merry Christmas yummy Mummies, super Daddies and beautiful babies! To anyone waiting for the completion of their forever families keep the faith, the reality is worth the wait. Hope you all have an amazing time and here's to 2015 xxxxx :hugs:

Merry christmas everybody, xxx
hope everyone is having a nice one.
We are having a good Christmas so far...

hello hello! Ive been absent for a while, 2 kids keep me busy, so much has happened...i switched jobs and a hateful coworker reported me to CPS, so we had an investigation on that but my worker got it dropped, clearly, we aren't starving the children and they are well dressed. cant say about being well-adjusted, but they are thriving...we just had our Christmas together, and we are awaiting an inter-state background check on some relatives for the girls, which is the pits because we have had LO since she was 10 days old...anywho...happy holidays to yous guys!

What a horrible coworker! Sorry you had to go through that. I hope you get some final answers soon.

Hi all,

Not sure whether any of you remember me but thought I'd stop in and say hello. Hope you've all had a lovely christmas.

I've had a lovely first christmas with my two beautiful boys. In general things are a bit up and down for us (isn't parenting hard!) but the paperwork for the adoption order is currently being completed! Hurrah!

Rainy! Hello hun! We most certainly remember you :)
Glad to hear you've had a lovely christmas. How are things Hun?
Yup parenting is hard! I can't even imagine having had 2 little ones placed at the same time! How long have you been mommy now?
Lots of love x

Rainy!! Don't be daft, of course we remember you. Lovely to hear from you! Yes, parenting is extremely hard, two is hard, let alone two placed at the same time. I really hope things are going ok for you all and your support network step up when needed. You don't realise in vital they can be until you have babies!!

Happy new year everyone, may 2015 see love and happiness and more dreams coming true :hugs: xxx

I'm a little bit nervous today, in a few days my social worker is starting her interviews, my friend is first.. Then 5 more over the next 2 weeks..
I'm so nervous ......

Hope everyone is well xx

Don't be nervous!! It will be fine, honestly! Be excited because you're getting close now, eek!! A good start to 2015 I say :D

You remembered me - woo hoo.

Things are generally good and we've really settled into being a family. Youngest was nearly 3 when he moved in so went from very quiet to a real monster (I think when he realised he was staying here and didn't want to) but he's now a lovely, crazy little boy. My oldest was 6 and a half when they moved in and understandably has some issues to work through. Generally things are good but I've been in touch with social care over Christmas as he needs some support in managing his emotions. However, this has only started happening recently so I think christmas/feeling safe are part of the reasoning and I KNOW it will settle down.

We only became a family in August so things are still very new and the learning curve for me has been huge!

Helloeveryone - don't be nervous, it's a huge positive step!

Helloeveryone it's so exciting! I can't wait to do it all again! Lol
Rainy you're right, there are bound to be issues at some when you factor in the age of the boys! I've read many people with adopted children say tha christmas evokes lots of issues due to it being such a busy time of year and also it being such sn important family time.
Good on you for seeking some support when you need it :) xx

Parenting is hard! our DS1 (adopted officially 11.2013) is almost 3--in a few weeks and the terrific threes has hit! DS2 is almost 2--in about a month and is slowly working his way into the terrific twos! and surprise i'm pregnant again! so not planned, but more than welcomed! hope you all are well---its been so long since I've been in here :( life got crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->