Adoption journey

Hopefully once you can start the process again it goes quickly!

That is super exciting, how old is he? Can you bring a tablet with some games and coloring apps for him? Hopefully it goes smoothly!

Things are going good here, the course we couldn't get into (because of funding help) opened up some more spots. Our worker called us and we are now registered and we start the course this month. So hopefully the home studies can start shortly after so we can get those out of the way too.

I hope you're all doing great!

Dreamofabean, sorry you hear your news that you have to wait until December, but I am sure time will flyby and Christmas will be here before we know it....
But I don't feel ready for December to be here yet lol xxx
Hope everyone else is good xxx

Thanks ladies,
It's fine, we were a bit disappointed to start with but things happen for a reason, we just done know what it is yet :haha:
Try rocking, he will be 2 in 2 weeks time :) he's getting so grown up now it's crazy! He's full of character and personality!

Awwww, what a great age! I love when they get more independent. Our daughter is 5 now and is pretty sure she can do everything lol

My daughter is two and is pretty much sure she can do everything :haha: And tantrums when she realises she can't :haha:

Dream as you know I was sorry to hear your news (and selfishly disappointed! ;) ) but you are exactly right, everything does happen for a reason and it will become clear in time. Maybe E isn't ready to share mummy yet, maybe your perfect house is about to come onto the market or maybe your little one isn't quite ready for you yet, but it'll happen and when it does it will be so amazing :hugs:

Try rocking I'm so excited you're on your way! how are you feeling about it all? Excited? Nervous? And everything in between?!

Helloeveryone how long until panel hun? Hope you are doing well. Will you be fostering babies?

Today we've arranged to visit little pink's foster carers in a few weeks, very excited to see them and think they're bringing their granddaughters who remember little pink really well. Should be lovely xxx

I'm excited to actually have something happening! The course starts in a few weeks so that'll be interesting to see how that goes. Now that we're registered I'm not sure how long until they can start the home study but it would be nice to get that underway as well.

That sounds like fun Lolly! And so sweet of you to maintain contact!

Lolly, That's so nice of you to be still in touch with your child's foster carers. ( let us know how the visit goes )

And yes we go to panel on the 26th of February, so a bit nervous and quite a bit excited...we are trying to get approved to 0 to 3 years so yes the baby range...

That's good news TR, I hope you can start home study soon too, it's lovely to get going after such a long wait. Keep us posted.

Eek helloeveryone that's so soon now, how exciting!! Yeah I'm excited to see them again. This will be our fourth meet up but we email regularly and I send photos, and bless them they always send both children gifts for birthdays and Christmas. It's a nice relationship and I hope you can have similar with some of your fostlings (cutest ever name for these special babies) going forward :)

That is so thoughtful of them. I'm sure they appreciate the continued communication. That is so special <3

The course is due to start on the 19th but we haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming next week sometime we'll get some information. :)

How's everyone doing ??
We go to panel in 8 days !!!!
Feeling excited..... And nervous .....

That is so exciting!!

Our course starts tomorrow :D It's all online but it's starting and it's one step closer to where we were!

Try rocking hope you are enjoying your course,
Can I ask if you are trying to adopt or foster?

We have only got 5 days until we go to panel to try to foster, :happydance:

Hope everyone else is well ?

Hi HE, we are trying to adopt. I'd be horrible at fostering because I'm a saver and I would want to adopt them all lol
We only have room for one more child in our home (as it is, two of the kids will have to share a room). We are looking at a specific little girl but we realize it might not happen.

Good luck at panel!

Hi all
Hope everyone is well :)
Try rocking and hello everyone, exciting times ahead for you both!!!
We are all good here. Little man is now 2... Where did the past 14 months go?! It's crazy, it really is!
The night before his bday I had a real wobble, felt all sad putting my 1 year old to bed for the last time :( that then opened the floodgates for me thinking about his birth parents. Birth mom especially I have a lot of empathy for. To give birth to a child you will never take home is just heartbreaking. Whilst she had more than enough opportunity to turn her life around, her only real crime was loving the wrong man. It's very sad really.
However I pulled myself together and we really enjoyed his birthday! We had a chilled morning at home playing and seeing family, then went to a local adventure farm in the afternoon. It was so much fun! E walked the whole way round which amazed us! He loved the animals and spent half of the day saying 'baaaa!' Ha ha. He stroked guinea pigs, fed the chickens and sheep, it was lovely. They have fab bouncy pillows outside so he wore himself out on those and on the indoor softplay!
It was truly a lovely, lovely day!
We had a little tea party a couple of days before his bday which was lovely too! We just had his cousins as the house is too small for masses! We went to a local softplay centre first and then all the kids came back to ours for food and a play. It was a huge success and little man was in his element with all his cousins around him :) just fab!

Dream that sounds like a lovely birthday.
That is sad about his birth mom but I am glad that he has you. Hopefully the next time (if there is) she has a baby she has straightened things out in her life.

Things are going well so far in the course, I am happy it's online so that way I can do it when I find some time. The next thing that we need to do is watch a 43 minute video so we'll have to wait until the kids are in bed.
I am excited that things are finally moving. :)

Dream it sounds the perfect day! What a special and precious little man you have <3

TR hooray at things finally getting started! Hope it all goes well, I have a feeling you'll fly through :)

Eek Helloeveryone, masses of lucky for panel, you'll be great. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to the good news :D

Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well?

All ok here, little pink back at nursery after the holidays and loving it! Baby boy weaning and loving his grub! I have my return to work date but have been offered another position. Have lots of thinking to do, but all in all life is happy but busy! :hugs: to all xxx

Lolly that's so exciting! I love when they start eating :D My son is making an absolute mess with his food but he's loving trying everything lol
Good luck with whatever you decide!

HE That's wonderful! Congratulations :D

The course is going well for us, we've already finished the first module and the second one is available to start today. Things are going great :)

Ah great news HE!!!!! Congratulations on approval! Any ideas how long you might wait for a placement? How was panel? Lots of questions? So happy for you :happydance:

TR glad all is going well with your training! Weaning is fun but exhausting I'm finding. Dairy free is quite limiting for a baby who needs bulking up! It's great your son tries all different tastes! Picky eating is annoying for me, my daughter is pretty picky....! Ahh!

Love to everyone :hugs: Meeting foster carers tomorrow. They will have their three grandchildren with them and the girls really remember our daughter as they are school age, apparently they are so excited! xxx

Lolly....
panel went really well, and we get get a feeling things were going good from the moment we walked in there.
They said straight away that our report was a very good one and that luckily they didn't have many question for us just about 5 questions altogether
Why do we want to foster?
why do we want to foster now while our children are still young?
What our we most looking forwards to about if we get accepted ?
Is are support network strong ?
And are our children looking forwards to fostering?

So looking forwards to starting .. But it might take 2 to 4 weeks until all the paper work is sorted out then we will go on the list..
Then it could be straight away or up to 6 months maybe until we get a placement.

Hope your meeting with the foster carers rent well, and sounds lovely they are still excited with meeting up again.

Hope everyone else is well, I am very well and very excited to be aloud to foster..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->