Adoption journey

Hey all.

Just wanted to introduce myself and hope it's OK to do so on this thread?

We have been going through the adoption process (UK) and we find out on 14 August if we're going to be approved as adopters or not.

Feel nervous when I think about it, but not panicking yet. I guess that'll be on the day itself. Just a bit scared imagining a room of people looking at me and making judgments about me. Eeeek :wacko:

For those in the UK - how did you all find the approval panel?

Hi good luck only 4 days left,
I can remember when I went to panel to try to foster, I wanted to foster so much.
I kept reading so much about what it was like at panel for fostering, sost of what I read said that if you are lucky enough to get through to a panel the most people get through.

I know i still worried till I luckily got through and I am now fostering a 4 month little girl, and loving every minute of it.

What age group are you hoping to adopt? And do you have any children of your own?

Good luck xxx let us know how it goes.

What age group are you hoping to adopt? And do you have any children of your own?

Good luck xxx let us know how it goes.

Thank you :hugs:

We've said ages 0-5 (though the younger the better) and we have no children due to joint infertility.

Hi silver bell. Only 2 days til your panel, you must be so nervous.
When I got excepted so we could foster, was one of the best days of my life.
Hope it will be soon for you..xxx

Silver bell.
Hope things go well today.
I still remember well how nervous I was.
Update when you can xx

We were approved :happydance:

Of course we still need to wait for that official, rubber-stamped decision and hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long (they said about 7 to 10 working days, which feels like a lifetime).

Yay :happydance: big congratulations to you both! Now the agonising wait starts :haha: exciting times are coming your way honey xx

We had confirmation of ratification today - we're officially approved! :happydance:

Hooray! What a perfect end to the week, hope you have something fizzy tonight! Congratulations, another mummy and daddy to be, amazing :cloud9:

How is everyone doing, my little girl is 5 months old now and she is doing so well.
Not sure if she is going back to family or adoption yet...
It is hard some days, thinking about the day when I will have to give her up, all I can do is do my best with her and love and cuddle her while she is in my care.

How is everyone else doing? Xxx

My husband and I have been on a journey to adopt for nearly 7 years now. We have been through foster for 3 of them and are looking at getting back into it but are not certain. I always dreamed of being a mom, to raise a child, to spoil, cherish encourage and dote over. I never expected life to be easy, infertility to be easy or the adoption process but embarking on the 7 year mark I feel tired, lost and not quite sure where to turn. post edited by moderator, please refer to forum rules
�� michelle

I can't believe it has been since sept 1st since last post on here.
How is everyone doing.

I am doing so good I love love my job as a foster mummy, If I could think of any job in the world to do,it would be this one.
My little girl is doing well she is very happy and smiling most of the time.
We haven't had time to start Christmas shopping yet, but I did get two presents yesterday.

SO how is anyone doing?
Xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all
I can't believe how quiet this thread is now either! I guess we are all just very busy being mommies 😍
All is good here! Little man is gorgeous, constantly chatting away and running rings around us generally! We've had a tough time potty training with lots of regression but fingers crossed that will sort itself soon! The terrible twos continue to live and breathe in our household :haha:
We're almost sorted for christmas now! I've had oh decorating to spruce the house up before christmas and it's getting there slowly!
We are only a month away from our 2 year anniversary as a family :cloud9: this also marks the point we can apply to adopt again! Yay! Bring it on!!
Lots of love to you all x

Hi all
I can't believe how quiet this thread is now either! I guess we are all just very busy being mommies 😍
All is good here! Little man is gorgeous, constantly chatting away and running rings around us generally! We've had a tough time potty training with lots of regression but fingers crossed that will sort itself soon! The terrible twos continue to live and breathe in our household :haha:
We're almost sorted for christmas now! I've had oh decorating to spruce the house up before christmas and it's getting there slowly!
We are only a month away from our 2 year anniversary as a family :cloud9: this also marks the point we can apply to adopt again! Yay! Bring it on!!
Lots of love to you all x

Glad to hear are well with you.
I haven't even started Christmas yet:(.
And wow great to hear your can soon adopt soon..
Do you know what age or gender you would like?
I have just started fostering,so don't know much about adoption yet but I am keen to learn.
Do you pick a child from pictures which one is best for your family, or is a child or baby picked for you??

We won't state a preference, just the younger the better really. Gender wise a girl would be lovely, but another boy would too!
We get given full reports on history etc and then eventually a photo is given. There are then complex matching assessments done by social workers! All very complex but necessary! X

We had to say goodbye to our 1st foster placement...but we now have 3 week old TWINS......
Very busy, very tired but loving every minute of it...

Hi all
Hope everyone is ok!

Wow! You must be very busy!!!
We are all good, we are all ready to get a sibling for our little man now!
Went to an open evening last month and just waiting for a social worker to contact us now. Exciting times!

Wow twins!! Busy times! Hope moving your first little one on, whether to a new family or back to birth parents, went smoothly. Must be very emotional.

All good here. Little lady is now 3 and at preschool. Little man 19 months and chattering away so much! Their bond is really strengthening and it's a joy to see.

Dream you know I'm super excited for you!! Eeeek!

Much love to all xxx

Our social worker called... It's the same one as last time :happydance: Thrilled as it'll just make it all that little bit simpler not having to get to know each other first :) she is coming out next Friday, yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->