Advice about new job role

PregnantKez

Reaction score
They've just sent round at work a new job role for a website designer, I'm going to go for it, even though I'm leaving in 2 months-ish for maternity and will be away for 9 months. I asked the manager and she says its fine, and if I get the job then they will just have to fill the role for 9 months and I'll carry on when I get back from maternity.

The 2 team leaders are likely to be doing the interviews and they aren't the brightest of the bunch.

What are they allowed to ask me or not ask me regarding pregnancy and maternity in an interview? I want to be sure that I could turn around in an interview and tell them that they're not allowed to ask that!

I hope they do not make a decision on it purely that I'll be going away, you never know what people say behind closed doors even if they're not allowed!!

They can ask you about the length of your mat leave and obvious things but they can ask how do you think having a small baby will affect your work in this role.

However I would refrain too much from pointing it out during the interview, if they do bring it up answer but then lodge a note with HR that this was brought up during the interview and then if you dont get the job (unfairly) you can appeal and use this as evidence of foul play.

good luck :hugs:

What Geekone said.!

Good luck at the interview.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back