Advice on sleeping bags.

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by lmel16, Jan 24, 2011.

1. lmel16

lmel16 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I want to move my 7 week old from being swaddled into a sleeping bag but wondered what to dress her in.
    Usually at night she is in a baby grow and wrapped in a thin blanket. What should I dress her in if I have a 2.5 tog sleeping bag?

Thanx mel

2. happigail

happigail Mummy to Kitty and Ashy.

depends on the temp of your room, but for 2.5 in room between 16-20 degrees a long sleeve vest and baby grow. They so no extra blankets and I stick with that but many add a blanket (I worry about over heating).

3. LeighAnne89x

LeighAnne89x Mummy :) x

We put our little one to bed in a vest and a sleepsuit, with her 2.5 tog sleeping bag xx

4. FLUMPY1984

FLUMPY1984 Well-Known Member

vest and babygrow in a 2.5 tog. Temps from 18 to 20 degrees x

5. dizzymeg

dizzymeg Well-Known Member

what temp does your baby sleep in? olly likes to be warm at night, so we put him in a vest and sleep suit in 2.5 tog bag, and then he has one cellular blanket. his room is around 18 degrees
    x

6. Emx

Emx Mum/Cautiously pregnant

If you buy a Grobag sleeping bad - they come with a room thermometer and a guide to what to dress baby in according to room temp. It really helped me out in terms of what to dress her in as I was a bit unsure too!

7. leoniebabey

leoniebabey mam of 2 boys

depending on how cold it is usuall a vest and sleepsuit or a long sleeved vest and sleepsuits if its a bit colder, if its really cold then short sleev vest and fleece sleepsuit, i dont put blankets on top x