Advice?

Anon010696

Reaction score
After years and years of ups and downs, we finally got our BFP! I will be doing an updated story elsewhere in a few moments. Forgive me for the sudden edit and lack of information here, I am doing a massive profile remake and deleted the wrong post. Ooopsies

Last edited:
Congrats on your bfp!

Suppose everyone is different with telling people. We waited until 12 weeks with all 3 but was only immdiate family, the rest when they guessed lol.

With my first I was around 240lbs and it was a struggle at times. Pillows were my best friend when snuggling or sleeping. Kept my upright enough to help the reflux and in my knees/round my back for support. I didn't show til around 5 months but my tummy was big and uncomfortable. I took rantitidine every day also rennie tabs if it got really bad.

Try not to stress about seeing the doctor, it will come around quicker than you think and you will wonder where your pregnancy went. Enjoy the little bits of having your wee bubs in there

Ask anything, plenty ladies on here willing to help out x

Congrats!

Everyone is so different when it comes to announcing! My OH wanted to wait until 12 weeks, but I was starting to show and was always sick and tired so I reasoned with him that if feel better if some people knew so they didn't just think I was skipping social events because I was lazy. He agreed and we told people a few days ago! I think there is a compromise of both of you are willing.

As for the pregnancy pains- they suck! I only have hip pain and occasionally I'll get heart burn, but the hip pain makes it very difficult to sleep at night. I suggest sleeping with a pillow between your knees of you bend the to p knee and extend the bottom knee, you can take a little bit of pressure off your hish and it helps a bit.

At this point with a first pregnancy, your uterus is still tucked away under your pubic bone, or just peaking up a bit. Plus size or not, it will take a while to show, so all of that is normal!

Congrats!!! Zantac is my best friend currently. I take a half in the morning and half in the middle of the day of a 150 mg dose (one pill) and it helps a lot. I felt bad about taking it every day but I told my doctor and she wasn't concerned. As for when you will have a noticeable bump, everyone is different so it is hard to say. Mine is definitely starting to come in good at 18 weeks now.I am carrying a girl and she is low down. With my 2nd pregnancy I believe I looked 6 months pregnant at 3 months but I had a boy and he was higher up. I always told people before 12 weeks with my pregnancies just because I would want their support if I lost it as well. I wouldn't be one to hide my sadness if I had lost a baby so people would have been asking me what is wrong a lot and that would annoy me lol. Tell when you feel comfortable!

Thank you all so much. it helps to talk to others going through it too. So much. I convinced DH to let me tell my mom as long as she kept it a secret. Told her Christmas Eve. And she's been helping with advice as well. So far she is the only one we have told though. he wants to wait until after the first scan. its maddening.

But sleep is still the hardest thing. I'm trying body pillows and supporting my back but nothing seems to help me be comfortable. even tried ppropping myself up. I always wake up having to pee or sick or with back pain. or all 3. Several times a night.

Another struggle has been food. im not vomiting. but the thought of any food that is not ice cold like sandwhiches or jello etc makes my stomach roll. Hot foods are a big nope.

Mostly trying to be happy and positive and I know the symptoms are a good sign but managing them is a struggle lol.

Congratulations to you! Pregnancy can be really quite trying, I know. We feel your pain! I wouldn't worry about "showing" no matter what your size. 9 weeks is a bit early to be showing with your first. I didn't start showing until I was like 20 weeks along with my first. Until then I just looked kinda fat hahahaha. You'll be beautiful. Giving life is beautiful in and of itself!

Can't help with the heartburn I'm afraid, but I know very well how the nausea and not knowing what to eat feels. Eat whatever you want until you get over it! It'll pass soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->