Advice

angel2001

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
This may be a silly question but I am after some advice.
I am pregnant with my first, approx 7-8 weeks. Over the last 1-2 weeks I have found I have no appetite. I feel constantly full to the point were thinking of eating makes me feel sick. I am making myself eat lunch and dinner as I now I have to.
I was wondering if this is normal?????
Has anyone else been the same?

Would reall y apprecriate some help

Thanks

Completely normal! I went off food for WEEKS, then could only eat certain things for days at a time. Went back to completely normal appetite during second tri and now I'm 36 weeks I have either completely no appetite or I'm eating anything I can lay my hands on. There seems to be no logic! Just make yourself eat when you can; little and often is the best bet. I found watery fruit snacks like cucumber and melon were great and also refreshing, didn't feel too much like eating.

Hope all goes well for you:)
Rachael.xx

Very normal! Bloating can make you feel full to the top and with morning sickness eating may sound appalling. Right now baby is so small he or she is not taking any thing from you nutritional wise because they have their yolk sac. So right now it is just you that needs food of some kind. I used those protein shakes called Ensure to get some calories and such and then I would try the broth from chicken noodle soup. Crackers if you can stand them and applesauce. Keep it light! Forcing yourself to eat could make you feel sicker so as long as your getting water/juice whatever makes you happy then feel free to graze until you feel up to eating again. The bloat will go down I promise.

I was exactly the same at the start. Most days I didn't want to eat because the thought of it made me feel sick, I only ate because I had too and mostly lived off cereal.

I went off a lot of foods too and couldn't stand the thought of most foods. I felt sick everyday though until I was around 15/16 weeks I think and then my appetite started to come back. Now though I end up eating far too much a lot of the time though I still am off some foods.

Its completely normal but just make sure you drink plenty of fluids like orange juice and milk and things like that and try to eat something, even if its just cereal :)

Yup, it's normal. That's how I was for the first 12 weeks with ds2, and then after that I felt like I was hungry all the time.

In the same boat, 1st tri and 2nd tri I barely ate & now in 3rd tri I'm eating a little more but nothing excessive. I've just stuck to having smaller meals since thats what seems to work for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->