AF arrived :(

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
So I thought we may have been heading for a lovely happy accident, seeing as its a while until we are ttc#2.

But No, unfortunately not. Obviously wasn't meant to be, but I was hoping. I think my dh will be disappointed too, I just messaged him to tell him.

But on the positive flip side maybe it will make us think twice about waiting too long.

This is more of a think out loud I guess. Thanks for letting me share.

Thanks for hugs :)

We are moving abroad in the next few months (UK to US) so a few reasons that go with that, eg, not understanding our health insurance yet, being away from family support while trying to adapt to a new place and a new baby feels full on.

And needing to travel back for a wedding for my sil which I'm maid of honour...who has also explicitly said 'I better not be pregnant for her wedding'!!!

I'm sure everyone on here is getting sick of hearing about this lol!!!

:hugs: sorry to hear that :hugs:

I remember you from the ttc last time round! You got your BFP 2 days before mine and looks like your LO arrived on what was my due date, my LO was rather late!

I don't understand why your SIL can be like that about it all, you really honestly won't take the shine away from her day or anything. TBH I'm sure on the day itself she won't even have time to think about it. One of my friends was just MOH for her sister at 37 wks and from the photos she looked amazing! You've got to do what's right for you, and if you SIL can't understand it, she will get over it eventually!

Totally understand about the move bit, will you be staying in the US for good? Only cos I moved when preggers - although still in the UK - and I found having a baby helped me meet new people cos I went to loads of baby groups so for me it was a good thing.

Maybe your AF coming will make you both rethink things :hugs: xxx

Awww hi ScarlettP, so lovely to have someone from TTC last time round!!! Thank you so much for posting!! :) can't believe our los/pregnancies were so close together.

Thank you, yes we've agreed to talk about it in the new year.

Yay so pleased you've agreed to talk about it, everything crossed things move forward for you in 2016!

No, not ttc just yet - we've agreed the New Year. Really I need about a 3 year age gap so we start getting free child care, not having that bill whilst on mat leave would mean I could hopefully have the full 12 months off.

I came off the pill a month ago so thought I'd start temping to see if/when I start ovulating to be prepared! After 12 months ttc last time we found out that I wasn't ovulating properly and I just found the ttc heartbreaking. So this time I want to know before went ttc if we need some help.

When is your move across the pond? Is it for good? xx

That would be lovely to start TTC in the new year, a 3 year age gap would be great.

Good luck with the temping/charting etc, fingers crossed you're Oing regularly!!

The move would be 2 years to start with, then we'd have to make a decision... Do we stay or do we go home. No idea how it will go!

Would love to be TTC with you in the new year!!

Wow 2 years, sounds exciting and scary - when do you move?

Hope you had chance to have more of a chat with hubby over the last week about it all?

Am sure another girl I was preggers with is now preggers again (suddenly not drinking coffee any more!)...and another had her second yesterday... it's making me feel a bit left behind which I know is just silly.

xx

Wow 2 years, sounds exciting and scary - when do you move?

Hope you had chance to have more of a chat with hubby over the last week about it all?

Am sure another girl I was preggers with is now preggers again (suddenly not drinking coffee any more!)...and another had her second yesterday... it's making me feel a bit left behind which I know is just silly.

xx

Not sure when we move but most likely January time!!

Yes me and hubby have talked about it more, he's asked me if I want to TTC again and has said his heart feels like he wants to but his head is saying that it's not the right time. I think if I'd agreed he would have happily been TTC now. He definitely wants to make our little guy a big brother, a few times he's wanted to ...ahem...leave it in shall we say!!!

So, now I'm just confused! I was disappointed when af appeared, but my husband saying can we just go for it, has shown me that I'm still hesitating, not feeling ready yet and on nervous ground :( but I don't know why?

I know what you mean, my sister now has a 4 month old and our first were quite close together, so feeling a bit behind too...

I guess you must have a lot going on in your head if the move could be as soon as Jan, so totally get why you're not totally ready for ttc!

I've found it's been a more gradual thing this time rather than BAM lets try straight away the first time around. It came about to begin with because I was aware time was ticking but I still wasn't ready even just setting a date. But as time has gone on and we've been talking about it more I'm defo feeling ready to try.

Having said all that FF took away my crosshairs this morning :cry: got a few cramps now so really hoping AF is on her way. I've made some changes to my diet so looking forward to next cycle!

Hope you're having a better week xx

Hi ScarlettP, how are you doing?

Thought I'd update things a bit...so it looks like the date set for the move is definitely January. So all good there, lots to organise etc but excited about the move.

Have just spent 3 weeks in Aus with my sister who has a new baby...this has thrown up so many emotions and I'm still left feeling confused about ttc. I STILL don't feel ready and this is worrying me :( not ready for having a new born again, being pregnant is fine.

I keep waiting for a rush of excitement and emotions about baby #2, but I'm not there yet. It all seems tinged with sadness over my toddler growing up, I almost grieve a bit for my first pregnancy... It was such a dream come true, I loved every minute of it, I felt amazing, had a good birth and fell completely in love with my newborn. I'm sad it all went by so quickly :( but through all that I kept thinking, it's ok I can do it all again one day...so kind of had that to look forward to. I'm not sure this time around #3 would be on the cards.

I'm not sure any of this makes sense. I suppose I just don't want it all to be over.

On the other hand my dh is ready and lo was wonderful with his cousins, I'm sure he'd love the company.

Talked with dh last night and said let's agree a date to ttc#2, so I said May 2016. I think that gives us time to settle with the move, hopefully have lo potty trained by the time baby came, no one would know I was pregnant at sils wedding....and most importantly of all gives me time to get my head around it and hopefully feel excited again about it all. Dh thinks it would be a good time too, and we can both get used to the idea together and build up the momentum and excitement.

I think if we reach that date and I still haven't got my head around it or the emotion is not there...should we put it off? Go for it? Talk about things again? Hmmm not sure. What do you think?

Thought I'd update things a bit...so it looks like the date set for the move is definitely January. So all good there, lots to organise etc but excited about the move.

Have just spent 3 weeks in Aus with my sister who has a new baby...this has thrown up so many emotions and I'm still left feeling confused about ttc. I STILL don't feel ready and this is worrying me :( not ready for having a new born again, being pregnant is fine.

I keep waiting for a rush of excitement and emotions about baby #2, but I'm not there yet. It all seems tinged with sadness over my toddler growing up, I almost grieve a bit for my first pregnancy... It was such a dream come true, I loved every minute of it, I felt amazing, had a good birth and fell completely in love with my newborn. I'm sad it all went by so quickly :( but through all that I kept thinking, it's ok I can do it all again one day...so kind of had that to look forward to. I'm not sure this time around #3 would be on the cards.

I'm not sure any of this makes sense. I suppose I just don't want it all to be over.

On the other hand my dh is ready and lo was wonderful with his cousins, I'm sure he'd love the company.

Talked with dh last night and said let's agree a date to ttc#2, so I said May 2016. I think that gives us time to settle with the move, hopefully have lo potty trained by the time baby came, no one would know I was pregnant at sils wedding....and most importantly of all gives me time to get my head around it and hopefully feel excited again about it all. Dh thinks it would be a good time too, and we can both get used to the idea together and build up the momentum and excitement.

I think if we reach that date and I still haven't got my head around it or the emotion is not there...should we put it off? Go for it? Talk about things again? Hmmm not sure. What do you think?

Hello!!!

Wow exciting about the move, are you now looking for somewhere to live? And lovely that you've had all that time with your sis too, must be a bit of a shock to be back!

Well what can I say other than MASSIVE hugs and that I know exactly what you mean! I loved being pregnant too and feel so sad that time in my life and Orla's time as a baby are over, thinking you saying "grieving" it all is exactly right. I sometimes feel a bit jealous when I hear someone is expecting their first, because I guess it's never the same when you're expecting your second - no lazy days with a toddler to look after at the same time.

All I can say is I think for me setting a date defo helped me get my head around it all. Like you I look forward to being pregnant again but was worried about the newborn bit! But as time has gone on, I've defo got my head around it all and am excited about that bit too now! And also having the experience this time so hopefully I can be a bit more chilled about it and enjoy it more! We've started a list of things we want to get sorted in the house etc before #2 comes along to help us get focused and to make things easier for us all....and I'm going to keep telling myself that there's always a chance for #3 although I'm hoping that something will change and I'll be like "I'm done"....!

But it's fab how great your LO was with a baby and that your hubby is there, maybe now you've got a plan and you know when the move is everything else will fall into place :) and like you say, you can always decide to wait longer if you need to once you hit May

:flower: xx

Hello!!!

Wow exciting about the move, are you now looking for somewhere to live? And lovely that you've had all that time with your sis too, must be a bit of a shock to be back!

Well what can I say other than MASSIVE hugs and that I know exactly what you mean! I loved being pregnant too and feel so sad that time in my life and Orla's time as a baby are over, thinking you saying "grieving" it all is exactly right. I sometimes feel a bit jealous when I hear someone is expecting their first, because I guess it's never the same when you're expecting your second - no lazy days with a toddler to look after at the same time.

All I can say is I think for me setting a date defo helped me get my head around it all. Like you I look forward to being pregnant again but was worried about the newborn bit! But as time has gone on, I've defo got my head around it all and am excited about that bit too now! And also having the experience this time so hopefully I can be a bit more chilled about it and enjoy it more! We've started a list of things we want to get sorted in the house etc before #2 comes along to help us get focused and to make things easier for us all....and I'm going to keep telling myself that there's always a chance for #3 although I'm hoping that something will change and I'll be like "I'm done"....!

But it's fab how great your LO was with a baby and that your hubby is there, maybe now you've got a plan and you know when the move is everything else will fall into place :) and like you say, you can always decide to wait longer if you need to once you hit May

:flower: xx

Thank you so much for your lovely reply :) glad someone else understands what I'm going on about! Yes we're trying to find a place to live now and I need to start getting on top of packing the house up etc! Arghhh! Feeling excited now though, and do get the feeling things will start falling into place.

I've already started to feel a shift in my feelings towards TTC. You're so right, setting a date has really made a difference. I'm going to enjoy this wtt phase and do all the planning, really get into it all. I've been looking at my app at my cycles, when i ovulate, and at dates the baby could be due. Imagined TTC with hubby last night, while... Ahem, doing some lovin ;) and I think the closer it gets the harder it will be to stop him just going for it lol!!! Not going to wish this time away but I think I'm going to manage to get my head around it all.... And even get excited about it!!

I too will have a huge list of things to get through moving into a new house so plenty to do!

Thanks again for your support :)

That's great news that you're already feeling better about it all and I'm sure all that you need to sort will keep you super busy whilst you're WTT :) we went to see friends last night and meet their week old baby, it's made me soooooo broody! Although Orla had a meltdown the moment I held him, so that doesn't bode well :S

I'm trying to enjoy this WTT period and not wish the days away. I like to be super organised so enjoying trying to get my body ready, which we didn't do last time.... just really hope I start ovulating soon!

It's good you know your cycles are ok already :) good luck with looking for a new home - exciting times for you! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->