AF due on 1st January... does anyone want to wait with me?

startingtotry

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So AF just left me and I'm cd5 on a 31 day cycle, that means that AF is due on the 1st of January.

AF was late last month after being ill when I was due to ovulate :wacko: it was a difficult month and really disappointing but I have to confess that I'm a little bit relieved that I'm not due to test at Christmas... I was worried about the pressure of that!

Is anyone else due to test on the 1st? I would love some company for the waiting! Fingers crossed for starting the new year with the best possible news!

:dust::dust:

Hi Startingtotry!

I should be testing on 21st, unless AF has arrived. However I just wanted to say good luck for 2013! :thumbup:

I am not feeling too positive about getting the BFP this month, so will be happy to join you in testing in January!

lots of :dust: to you next month

Hi. I am on CD1 so I might be testing around the 3rd, might try to make myself wait it out as it is my first time off the pill so I'm not sure what to expect, 28 days, 30/31 days or none at all. I ordered some OPKs so I can hopefully track if I'm even ovulating this month and don't get my hopes up if I'm not even ovulating.

I am in a similar situation to you babyrogers. I am in my 2nd cycle since coming off BCP so have had to base my 'true' cycle on last month which was 35 days.

Realistically, I have no idea what will happen this month. Haven't properly started using OPKs or BBT thermometers yet but plan to next cycle if no success this time. Are you planning on using these too?

Thanks Jessy! Fingers crossed for the 21st for you! Hopefully it'll be your month and we won't be seeing you in January!

Welcome babyrogers! Hopefully you'll get lucky with your first month off the pill! I've had a couple of friends who have got pregnant as soon as they stop taking the pill so fingers crossed for you! What was your cycle like before you went on the pill? That's probably a good indicator, mine has never been totally regular but it seems to be better since a period of time on the pill, I'm now anything from 28 days to 33 (good for me!) so I take 31 to be the best guess! I'm hoping to not test early, I find that it drives me a bit crazy, though I'm guessing that if I hold out untilnew years eve then I might give in!! Finger crossed for you!

:dust:

I was 17 when I went on the pill, my cycles were just starting to stabilize. I think they were 30 to 32 days though

Realistically, I have no idea what will happen this month. Haven't properly started using OPKs or BBT thermometers yet but plan to next cycle if no success this time. Are you planning on using these too?

I have a box of OPKs under my bed but I haven't felt the urge to use them yet (this is our 4th cycle) I went for a coffee with a friend today, who is also trying, and we were talking about not wanting to chart or use OPKs in the first few months, there's no doubt that it's really useful, and lots of ladies do use them, but I think I want to try and be more relaxed about it to start with. Having said that if we get to 6 or 7 months without any luck then I think that I'll be contemplating it!
:flower:

hello startingtotry :)
i will b testing on 1st jan and i am so hoping n praying to get my bfp this cycle as im on first round of clomid. i would wait with u if u dont mind.
wish u all the best of luck n get hopefully we all will get our bfp :)
:dust:

I too went on the pill at 17 so cannot for the life of me remember what my cycles were like. I don't recall having any issues but that was 9 years ago! haha

Hi ladies! Well I'm CD1 and due to test on January 1st as well, if AF doesn't show of course.

I am just coming off of birth control and VERY nervous about what is happening and what could happen. It's just weird for me to be off BCP because I have been religiously taking a pill at night for 11 years! This will be interesting!

While I have had PG scares in the past, nothing ever came out of them, but now I am married and we are wanting a baby. So here is to hoping 2013 is the year for ALL of us!!

I'm right here with you! I test on the 31st! Just waiting for that darn ovulation.. :-=

Hi Amber and akilgore! Welcome to you both, it's great to be chatting to other ladies who are hoping for new year babies! akilgore we got married in the summer too! hoping for some newlywed luck with the TTC!

It's hard when you first come off BC isn't it! You basically spend years and years trying to not get pregnant and often being thoroughly paranoid with scares along the way, and then you settle down and get older and it's time to think about starting a family and all of a sudden you have a different kind of paranoia because you have done well at not getting pregnant so have no idea if you can!

Startingtoty, you nailed it. I am TERRIFIED that we won't be able to get pregnant for years! I see all these stories on here about ladies that just couldn't get pregnant for years, and it honestly scares me. Before I was on birth control I was like clock work when it came to my period, but I'm older now and have been on BCP for almost 11 years. I just pray nothing has been messed up in there!

Good luck!

Funny story, I thought AF was coming due to some pink on the tp, but nothing! I'm now 2 days late..... hmmm.

It's constantly drummed into you as a teenager that it only takes once to get pregnant, so we religously take our BCP and spend the years before we are ready being totally paranoid but they don't ever teach you about it not happening instantly when you want it too!

Hope everyone is having a good week! We had a massive event at work yesterday so I'm pretty tired but glad that it's all over and went well!

alkilgore how are you doing? Fingers crossed AF didn't rear her ugly head!! Have you tested yet?? Good luck!!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Hi everyone! are people having good weekend? We've had a bit of a busy one getting the pre-Christmas clean done! But we had a lovely evening with some of our oldest friends last night and today we've only got to put up the Christmas tree and other decorations!

So it's about a week until ovulation, is anyone planning to do anything differently this month? It'd be good to hear about what people are trying!

How are people planning to cope with the festive season? Knowing that we could have conceived just before I'm not sure what to do about things like alcohol...

Hey starting to try, I have AF due on 2nd jan so I will hang with you! This is my 2nd cycle ttc. God a new year bfp would certainly take the edge off the January blues (understatement of the year)

Loads and loads and loads of baby dust to all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"