After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

Awww! It makes my heart happy to see us all here chatting away happily because what we wanted for SO long is finally happening!!! :D :D :D

Amy that's awesome that we have our appointments the same day! Are you going to have a scan and be able to see it? I assume so. The only reason I got early bloodwork (BTW I wish my computer would stop autocorrecting that to bloodworm LOL) is that I was seeing an RE. So after the first trimester I'll go back to me OBGYN and have everything normal again.

Suzy, I'm sure your scan will be great! You're about a week ahead of me...how exciting! Have you started having many symptoms yet?

Savvy, you must be dying to know the genders! Oh I would be! I think a boy and girl would be awesome. Maybe you and Allison should just get shirts made up that say, "Yes, I'm pregnant. I didn't just eat a lot of ice cream." LOL

Allison, I love Owen. The other too are cute also. I do feel like there are so many little boys being named Mason these days that I would stay away from that one. Must be all the hipsters and their Mason Jar fixation. ;)

Look at your sweet bump Allison! I was writing my response when you posted it, so I didn't see it before! :) Definitely baby, not fat!

It is really nice having this group now. I felt weird posting in the other thread, and even sometimes on the Facebook group, so it's nice to be able to open up here! : )
And thanks for saying it looks like baby and not fat. Lol, I think it just depends on what I wear somedays. You can definitely tell it's baby when I'm topless though... Haha!

And Sarah, I can't wait to see how many babies you got cookin in there... You may be joining savvy on the twin train! ; ) lol

Amy and Suzy, do twins run in y'all's families at all? Any chance of multiples for you ladies??

Awww! It makes my heart happy to see us all here chatting away happily because what we wanted for SO long is finally happening!!! :D :D :D

Amy that's awesome that we have our appointments the same day! Are you going to have a scan and be able to see it? I assume so. The only reason I got early bloodwork (BTW I wish my computer would stop autocorrecting that to bloodworm LOL) is that I was seeing an RE. So after the first trimester I'll go back to me OBGYN and have everything normal again.

Suzy, I'm sure your scan will be great! You're about a week ahead of me...how exciting! Have you started having many symptoms yet?

Savvy, you must be dying to know the genders! Oh I would be! I think a boy and girl would be awesome. Maybe you and Allison should just get shirts made up that say, "Yes, I'm pregnant. I didn't just eat a lot of ice cream." LOL

Allison, I love Owen. The other too are cute also. I do feel like there are so many little boys being named Mason these days that I would stay away from that one. Must be all the hipsters and their Mason Jar fixation. ;)

Bloodworm, LOL, that's funny!

Yes, it will be a scan, but I assume at 8 weeks it will need to be transvaginal? This is a dumb question, but you'll still see the baby on the screen, right?

I'm working so hard to get over my paranoia, every time I go to the bathroom, still checking for spotting. Ahhh! :wacko:

Each day that I feel a little worse, I get a little happier about it. How twisted! :)

Has anyone else thought of names?

It is really nice having this group now. I felt weird posting in the other thread, and even sometimes on the Facebook group, so it's nice to be able to open up here! : )
And thanks for saying it looks like baby and not fat. Lol, I think it just depends on what I wear somedays. You can definitely tell it's baby when I'm topless though... Haha!

And Sarah, I can't wait to see how many babies you got cookin in there... You may be joining savvy on the twin train! ; ) lol

Amy and Suzy, do twins run in y'all's families at all? Any chance of multiples for you ladies??

Twins run on my both sides of my family, skipped my parents, and so far, my brother and SIL aren't taking one for the team, either...

So looks like there is a STRONG possibility for us, especially conceiving with Clomid, so my DH is freaking out. I would love it! :happydance:

Congrats amygrrrango! I am glad you joined us here. Like allison said I don't think we met but since I was stalking the other thread I saw your posts too.

Thanks so much! And congratulations to you, TWINS! Double the love.

This is a silly question, but are there any early indicators (other than a scan, of course) that you might be having twins?

Amy, at 8 weeks it should still be a vaginal ultrasound but yes, you'll still see it on the screen. And that's interesting that twins run in your family so much... You could have 2 brewing in there!!! Ahhh!!! I don't think there's any early indicators though unless you've had blood work and had super high betas. Even that isn't a guarantee though, my betas were really high for just being one baby, my husband was convinced it was twins bc we actually fell into the beta levels for multiples, but it's just one in there.

Sarah I do have many symptoms: nausea, bloating, huge & sore boobs, fatigue (I wanna nap all the time) and peeing a lot. How about you?
Allison no twins in my family. I wish there were though O:) I love the idea of twins. But who knows, this is a Clomid baby so... And my mother told me that folic acid can cause twins as well. That was the first I heard of it. Anyone else heard of this? My HCG level must have been pretty high because on 13DPO I got a 2-3 weeks Pregnant on CB digital.
Right now I'm worried about my weight. Due to the nausea, I haven't been able to eat everything so I eat a lot of toast and crackers, meat and fries for lunch or just a sandwich. Fruit and yogurt have been a no no on most days and I can't eat salad unless I bring it from home. I know I've gained weight and I don't like it. I have to start having different habits like bringing my own salad to work everyday or eating it at night. I also stopped working out as soon as I got my BFP. I did some research and I can still work out but I have to change to yoga, swimming and licht cycling.
Argh, how can I be huge already?

Allison, totally looks like a cute baby bump to me!

Twins do not run in my family, I didn't take fertility drugs or fit into any of the other categories with a higher multiple rate. I truly believe it was a blessing and miracle that I am carrying twins. :)

Yeah, high beta numbers is the only early indicator of multiples that I've heard of, though like Allison said, it's not reliable.

Amy, were you monitored or just Clomid alone? I was monitored with IUI, and we had 3 follies mature, so DH is convinced that we have triplets in there. I keep telling him that it would be extremely rare for all 3 to get fertilized and implant. But every time I say something about the baby, he says, "You mean the babies." We really want just one, but all this multiple talk is fun! We knew there was that chance, and we are just thrilled to be discussing this!

Suzy, my OB told me to eat what I was hungry for and didn't make me feel sick. More important was to stay hydrated and drink a ton of water. I drink at least 80 oz a day, I start early and try not to drink too much at night or I can't sleep with my full bladder! My eating habits have changed drastically over the past 13 weeks!

Suzy, pretty much the same symptoms, but not consistently. My boobs are bigger and a bit tender. I have nausea and dizziness but pretty much only when I'm hungry. So I've just been trying to stay well fed and have a small snack in between meals if I need it. I always pee a lot, so not much change there. (TMI) My BMs have also been very different, but I've heard that is normal also. Mostly just exhausted all the time.

I think it's important to keep good nutrition in mind. But also don't beat yourself up. Eat what you can, and when you get over the nausea maybe you can start to incorporate some healthier stuff. My nausea is still not bad as far as food looking gross to me at all, so I'm trying to pack as many nutrients in with fruits, veggies, and lean proteins as possible. But I know the day will probably come soon when that stuff will look gross to me, and I guess I'll just deal with that then!

Have you guys gotten any pregnancy books? Any you would recommend or steer clear of?

Amy, even high betas are not a true indicator of multiples...but can increase your chances. Many woman have higher betas but are carrying a singleton. I found out I was pregnant at 9dpo and had my first beta at 10dpo it was 34, they repeated it 48 hours later and it was 135. I joked with my husband that the nurse told me it was triplets! My lines were not super dark on any of my hpts and I didn't test with the clearblue digital until 17dpo and it was only at 2-3 weeks pregnant. I didn't have any symptoms or clues that it was twins. I did hope for twins a few times and posted in the February due date thread the day of my first scan that I wished it was twins...imagine my surprise a few hours later! It is exciting that twins run in your family and you conceived while on clomid...they will be able to tell you at your first ultrasound!

Have you guys gotten any pregnancy books? Any you would recommend or steer clear of?

I heard quite a few horror stories online about the book What to Expect When You're Expecting, but I got it free on my kindle so I decided to read it with an open mind and skip over any parts that would scare me. There is a lot of worst case scenarios in the book (which I skipped) but I liked how the book was set up and it had a lot of good information.

Are you all working out? What type of exercise are you doing?

Suzy, I just do light walking, nothing too intense.

Savvy how far along were you when you had the scan that is now your profile pic? It's adorable O:)

Amy, even high betas are not a true indicator of multiples...but can increase your chances. Many woman have higher betas but are carrying a singleton. I found out I was pregnant at 9dpo and had my first beta at 10dpo it was 34, they repeated it 48 hours later and it was 135. I joked with my husband that the nurse told me it was triplets! My lines were not super dark on any of my hpts and I didn't test with the clearblue digital until 17dpo and it was only at 2-3 weeks pregnant. I didn't have any symptoms or clues that it was twins. I did hope for twins a few times and posted in the February due date thread the day of my first scan that I wished it was twins...imagine my surprise a few hours later! It is exciting that twins run in your family and you conceived while on clomid...they will be able to tell you at your first ultrasound!

Thank you!! I have NO idea how I am going to make it until August 27 without losing my mind. Ahhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->