Afternoon school nursery sessions

tublet

Reaction score
I had put down morning sessions for school nursery and have had a letter from the school confirming morning session. However to be able to utilise the 30 hours funding an adjacent private provider is going to provide wrap around care and have said I will need to swap to afternoon sessions at school and mornings with them as that's how it will work.

Nothing for me to do as the school and provider will switch these around, just concerned she will be too tired in the afternoon to concentrate.

However, she will be nearly 4 hasn't napped for over a year and does 2.5 days at private nursery now (longer days as well).

I will be on maternity leave so the other option is she stays with morningsand I just claim the 15 hours?

Nursery is nursery, so I wouldn't be bothered about when she is where as they are pretty much just playing at that age and it's nothing academic. Which would be more convenient for you? Is there are reason you are doing both? I would think it would be more difficult to use two different places than just use one, especially if you're having to collect her and bring her somewhere new mid-day. But if it's more convenient to do it that way, I think it's fine. Mine is at nursery full-time 9-5 every day and has been since she was 2.5 and she loves it. She is tired by 5 when she gets home, but otherwise is fine. If I wasn't working (I work full-time) though, I'd probably be inclined to just keep her home for half days so you have some time together before she has to be in school.

Nursery is nursery, so I wouldn't be bothered about when she is where as they are pretty much just playing at that age and it's nothing academic. Which would be more convenient for you? Is there are reason you are doing both? I would think it would be more difficult to use two different places than just use one, especially if you're having to collect her and bring her somewhere new mid-day. But if it's more convenient to do it that way, I think it's fine. Mine is at nursery full-time 9-5 every day and has been since she was 2.5 and she loves it. She is tired by 5 when she gets home, but otherwise is fine. If I wasn't working (I work full-time) though, I'd probably be inclined to just keep her home for half days so you have some time together before she has to be in school.

I will be at work the first couple of months before I go on maternity leave so need the 30 hours and will finishing early to collect her.

Also very fortunate that the school and private provider have organised themselves so that the provider collects the children from school and gives them a packed lunch, they are literally across the road from each other via a pedestrian bridge so very handy so no picking up midday as I wouldn't have been able to do it

What a great set up! I think she will probably be fine. My son does full days and he is tired but he is starting full time school next year so he will have to get used to it. Your daughter is the same age as my ds2

What a great set up! I think she will probably be fine. My son does full days and he is tired but he is starting full time school next year so he will have to get used to it. Your daughter is the same age as my ds2

I know I'm very lucky! Only because our area is so oversubscribed it was red flagged so extracapacity has had to be created.

When I count up the hours she does now at private nursery it's not much difference as she will be doing shorter days...and it's free:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->