Age gap?

dreamer_x

Ava's Mummy
Reaction score
I'm just curious, what's the age gap, if at all, between you and your OH/FOB?
I'm 20 and my OH is nearly 25 but I feel as though I'm the older one! It drives me mad! I'm the one worrying about money and benefits and searching all over the internet to see if there's anything that can help us, while he's swanning off at night to go and do his amateur photography and leaving me to it!

So, do you have an age gap? And if you do, can you tell, or is it almost non-existent? How do you find it?

There's a 4 year age gap between us, you can't really tell though... Oh wait, actually we've been mistaken for father and daughter!

There's a 3 year age gap between me and my OH and it seems that it's only me worrying about anything! He isn't what I'd call immature but he just has the view that everything will be fine, without proper planning! That's the only way I can tell! Have you tried talking to him about it? If so how'd that go?

There's a year between my other half and me, but even so I feel years older than him!
Maybe it's just guys. According to all the mature aged mums around me, they don't get better with age- which is encouraging -_-

alouisebx - I totally know the feeling! My OH's only just started worrying about money because we moved out and the car insurance went up and that's in his name so he had to sort it out! I think that really hit him because he started panicking - it didn't help that he was £400 overdrawn at the time too!

LavaPanda - Oh god! That doesn't fill me with much confidence! Haha!

I know males are supposed to 'mature later' than girls but when there's nearly a 5 year age gap, you'd have thought you'd at least be equal! -.-

There is 5.5 years between us (he is 24) and I can tell, but in a good way. He's a mature adult and he deals with all of the money (seeing as earns it all) etc. I much prefer our age gap as I hate people my age, they mostly act 13 :dohh:

Me and my OH have quite a big age gap, 9 years. I'm 20 and he's 29!

I've had a long relationship with a guy my age, and all we did was fight. He was childish, paranoid, always wanted to go out, weird in the head & cheated.

My OH, is the best of both worlds. He looks and acts closer to my age but he's also got a sensible side. He's had his own place before so made it easier for us when we got our first place together, he's got lots of experience in work and he's ready and mature enough for a baby. I couldn't speak highly enough of my relationship - 2.5 years and we've never had a serious row *touch wood*.

The way we get on I'd say our age gap is pretty none existant, nobody would know if they just met us together in the street. We have loads in common and get on great :thumbup:

Although I do think it has nothing to do with age! I think it's all to do with the person, I bet there's 18 yr olds more mature than a lot of 30 year olds!

(Essay :rofl:)

I'm 20 and OH is 23; I don't think you can really tell.

I'm 19, OH is 21. Even though he acts like a 13 year old.

My mum told me a brilliant quote when she found out I was expecting, "Women become mothers when they find out about pregnancy, however men don't tend to become a dad till they physically hold them." I thought this was quite fitting of my situation!

im 3months older than sam, but i feel like a good 30 years older. women always feel older, lets face it, men never grow up :L :)

My OH is 5 months older than me, we're both 20, well he'll be 21 next month. :haha: He says he's a year older because he was born in the year before me, even tho it's only 5 months. He likes to wind me up with it.

I'm 20 and OH is 24.. he is sensible in some aspects but is still a child in a lot of ways lol

My mum told me a brilliant quote when she found out I was expecting, "Women become mothers when they find out about pregnancy, however men don't tend to become a dad till they physically hold them." I thought this was quite fitting of my situation!

depends on a man, really. as there are men who abandon their partners with the newborns and never show their face, so there are men who fall in love with the little bean the moment they see the two lines on the test or before! (and i know enough of both extremes!)..
...especially when u ask the angel dads, they will tell you they've became fathers in their heart from the moment they knew about the baby, even though they never got to hold them <3

depends on a man, really. as there are men who abandon their partners with the newborns and never show their face, so there are men who fall in love with the little bean the moment they see the two lines on the test or before! (and i know enough of both extremes!)..
...especially when u ask the angel dads, they will tell you they've became fathers in their heart from the moment they knew about the baby, even though they never got to hold them <3

Of course there are exceptions! :) Some men are just born with the natural instincts woman have, and some women just don't have these natural instincts. Of course if they're been through a difficult or tough time they're a father at heart because they have loved and lost. It's not fitting for all, but in my situation especially I feel it does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->