Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

I temp vaginally too.. my temps are more steady now!
my husband makes fun of me and he thinks its weird :haha:
:winkwink:

Lol.. my husband would definitely make fun of me too.... also... I assume if AF is here, you dont temp?

Well I temp on CD1 because my AF usually shows around noon anyways.
Then I dont temp for a few days untill AF is almost gone..

Doesnt really matter since during AF temps can be erratic due to hormones.:thumbup:

No i don't temp during af. you really don't need thoes temps anyway! I would recommend green tea if anyone has trouble with quality cm because Mine is crazy fertile already. I usually have really watery cm through the first part of my cycle then creamy and then egg white just before o. i have already had 2 days of ewcm.
Plus I don't drink that nasty hot tea I can't stand it. I drink the 4C'S brand iced Green tea. I take a 16.9 oz bottle of spring water add one scoop of green tea and presto instant ewcm!!Hope I get my BFP soon!!

is anyone on vitex and feeling like its not actually doing anything? or do you think because its only my 2nd month i have to be more patient??

dandy - I'm not sure mine is doing anything, lol
I O'd on my own after stopping clomid but not sure I can give the Vitex the credit for that.
I dont' know that its done much of anything for me but my acupuncturist told me it takes 3 months to have a full effect on your system.

I should add that I was told it would also increase progesterone after ovulation (makes the follicle nice and big) but my progesterone was still down lower than it should be. Again.. .only one cycle but I would have expected some kind of slight boost.

I'll give it 3 months though of course.

so you're on ur second month too then? i guess ill give it another month too to see if anything happens

yeah, I'm also on a lower dose than most of you guys, lol... also why I'm not sure its really doing much.

I know! lol... But I figure my acupuncturist has been doing this for years and must know what she's doing.. she specializes in infertility.
I guess I should say I'm on 200mg a day because its 2 tablets a day.

Maybe its one of those things where you can only absorb so much so the extra would just come out in your pee. My acupuncturist also says that its a very pure kind and maybe the stuff thats in there with it boosts it somehow? lol... clinging to straws here.

well ladies, i have been on vitex for a little over a week now and i am still experiencing light bleeding/spotting so i am off to the doctors tomorrow to hopefully get tested :nope: and see if my cyst has become worse.

oh no happily i hope everythings ok :hugs:

lisa well im sure ur acupuncturist knows what they are doing..maybe im taking too much :shrug:

I take Solaray's Vitex , which is only 225mg a capsule.
and I only take 1 capsule a day and it has helped me after taking it for 1,5 cycle.
I ovulated earlier and it made my luteal phase 2 days longer.

i take 1000mg a day thats one tab...should i try cutting it in half and taking 500mg a day?

ive been taking 1000mg a day for 27 days and have just got af never thought i would be so happy to have af (my last one was in Jan!! 169 days ago!)

I don't think its bad to take a high dose.. your body can only absorb so much, you know?

yeah thanx lisa

thats awesome ACC mum :) hope your next AF...or BFP comes quicker this time round :hugs:

hey ladies I haven't stopped in in a while trying to take it easy and not think to much about ttc!
Dandybrush by looking at your temps I would say that O is coming soon since your temps have dipped down to a different level. this is what my temps do!!I would not lower the dose of the vitex because that might screw up your cycle even more because your body already depends on that exact amount of the vitamin to properly nourish your endocrine system through out the day. you should only start to cut back once your cycle is fully in line then only taking about 200 to 400 mg a day. some people can stop taking it after they have weened down and never have to take it again and others have to take small amounts every day to keep their achieved cycle length.

I have decided to take my vitex up until 8 dpo to ensure that it helps with my uterine lining and progesterone levels. I have found that if I do not take it in the lp then my temps are way lower and my af is very light. I might even take it till 10 dpo depending on my temps.
For everyone who is checking CP has anyone noticed that it seem more in the fertile position more often.for example my CP is always LFC only time it is close to fertile is the few days around O day and the days before af.Usualy MSO very rarley is it HSO. I have noticed this cycle that my CP has been soft and medium for a while and today it went from MSO to HSO in a matter of a hour or so. I took opk but is very neg. I don't see me ovulating before cd 25 this cycle so I don't think it is O day yet and my cm I really can't go by this cycle because of the green tea giving me an abundance of EWCM already.( Have to gauge the differences this cycle)I am also temping vaginally this cycle so my temps are not going to look right either. I am going into this cycle blinded.All my signs are screwed up for a while. I hope this new change also mean a better and bigger change in the future!!( Come on BFP!)

hope all goes well!!Good Luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"