Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

lisa :hugs: i know how you feel

im waiting to get paid so i can get more vitex and give it a bit longer to work for me...i was taking it till O and stopping

mrs ping what does stopping taking it on CD 10 do?

I'm honestly almost tempted to double up my dose, lol... feel like I'm taking too little compared to you gals!

I also want to keep taking it until after ovulation for a few days like Mrs. Ping...
she said she was taking it longer to keep her progesterone/temps up... that maybe stopping it suddenly after ovulation contributed to her post-O temps being rather weak.

hi girls thinking of trying Isoflavones can you get it in a powder xxx

you wanna find the soy thread for that this is the agnus castus thread :)

I have noticed that while I take it after o my lp temps have been higher compared to my last cycle on vitex when I stopped at O.Ii will need a few more temps to get a more accurate reading but I am pretty sure it's working!hope my temps keep going up!

your chart is looking good mrs ping

im gonna buy some more vitex and get back on it tonight, and hope it does something for me soon

Hi girls...just an update...took vitex from CD 9 to CD 24..Ovulation on Cd 28...AF on Cd42...much better from my last cycle before AG which was 56 days.O'd 2 weeks earlier than the last.Its definitely an improvement for me.

Good to hear that its working for lot of u guys...:thumbup:

glad to hear its working for you jwel :) im gonna give it a couple more months to see if there is any improvement

I haven't gotten to the AC yet in my ttc time. My cycles range from 30-35 days. This month I will use the opk starting from day 12, in case this month it becomes a 28 day cycle. I just feel like it's acting funny. I feel for you ladies with the much longer cycles. I don't have much cm at any point, and have been thinking about EPO, though I've read it takes MONTHS to actually see a change. Any thoughts on that?

:shrug:

I have been drinking green tea to help and it helped immediatly. I drink the 4C's that comes in a can and I just add one scoop of it to a bottle of water. I drink one to 2 a day up till o. you can drink it after if you want but no more then 2 cups a day! Give it a try it really works. also try to drink a few glasses of water a day that helps alot too!

So has everyone been stopping the Vitex after O? And if so how many days? The bottle directions say to just keep taking it all month, but also say if you might be pg, to stop. This is my first cycle on Vitex and I am currently 4DPO. Should I stop taking them for the rest of this cycle?

that is a choice left upto you some say iy harm the baby if you take it after O and others say it does not and it is ok to take until the placenta takes over. I personaly was not going to take it after but have realized that if I don't my lp temps are way to low.If my lp temps are to low( low progesterone) then I might not get preg any way due to a progesterone deffiency . I figure if I take it till implantation occurs between 7-12 dpo then I should be in the clear. And if I do get pg and my temps are low I can ask DR. for Prog suppository and won't need to take the vitex. Vitex is considered a anti miscarriage herb. You take it if you think you are having a loss.I really don't know what to think but if I don't take it then it will defeat the purposes of getting pg. Because of the progesterone issue. You will have to do you own experiments One cycle stop at o and see what your temps do then do the opposite next cycle take it in to your lp and see your temps then. Good luck!!

just and extra thought Vitex if filled with lots of nutrients to help our endocrine systems (Glands) work properly.now i know that The corpus lutuem is considered a cyst but it is attached to the Ovary( A gland) and I am assuming gets it's nourishment from the Ovary.Considering this Vite would be essential to keep taking due to the fact that the minute O happens you are cutting of all nutrients to the CL. So I would be lead to believe if you have a problem with your lp temps (screwy CL) then this would fix thoes problems!

Like Mrs Ping said..its a personal choice but stop when u have signs of preg.I did not know when i would ovulate either...so stopped couple of days before ovulation and will start only next cycle.Im just trying to play it safe.But there are a lot of ladies who take it throughout the month.

Gl:thumbup: it works 4 u!!!

glad to hear its working for you jwel :) im gonna give it a couple more months to see if there is any improvement

Is it throwing yours off.I was taking 1600 per day.Thought it was a little high.But worked.Let us see this cycle.Im trying soy iso too this cycle...alongwith royal jelly ,softcups and if possible preseed(gotta convince OH first):winkwink:

Well originally its supposed to take 3 months to take effect rite.Maybe u just need to wait it out.You know my PMS was totallly absent.I felt so good overall.But once i stopped it ,started feeling crappy again.I guess vitex worked for me:flower:
GL for it to work for u too!!!:thumbup:

Mrs. Ping - I think your theory makes sense and I'm going to keep taking mine this cycle after O. Forgot to ask my acupuncturist what she thought about it, but at this rate I will have plenty of time to discuss it with her before I ovulate...
I keep feeling cramps in my ovaries... they just can't release a darned thing! GRR!!

I would say since your cycle seem to be just as long as last cycle I would up my dosage especialy since you are only taking 100 mg. I take 10 X that amount LOL seems like a lot when you put that way! plus it's not working so i would doudle it if you feel this would help. I figured the longer your cycle the more you would have to take. my bottle say to take 2-3 a day at 400 mg. so i figured if I took the max then I would still be safe!

This cycle is looking to be a long one.. .last cycle I'd O'd CD16 and I'm now at CD23 without a positive OPK yet. Last time I had a chart like this and didn't O... my period never came and I had to induce it (not that I was very patient, lol.. by day 55 I was running to the doctor).
I'd totally up the dose of Vitex next time but I'll be doing clomid again next cycle.. its just a teensy bit stronger than the vitex ;)

Is it throwing yours off.I was taking 1600 per day.Thought it was a little high.But worked.Let us see this cycle.Im trying soy iso too this cycle...alongwith royal jelly ,softcups and if possible preseed(gotta convince OH first):winkwink:

Well originally its supposed to take 3 months to take effect rite.Maybe u just need to wait it out.You know my PMS was totallly absent.I felt so good overall.But once i stopped it ,started feeling crappy again.I guess vitex worked for me:flower:
GL for it to work for u too!!!:thumbup:

thanx :) im on 1000mg a day, i have to buy some more to start back on it, no its not throwing mine out i dont think, considering i had a major long cycle last time anyway, i was just hoping for a quicker fix, im gonna go on maca and soy this next cycle...if it ever gets here

Im gonna try to take vit C and induce a period, if that doesnt work im gonna try parsley (i think it is)

This cycle is looking to be a long one.. .last cycle I'd O'd CD16 and I'm now at CD23 without a positive OPK yet. Last time I had a chart like this and didn't O... my period never came and I had to induce it (not that I was very patient, lol.. by day 55 I was running to the doctor).
I'd totally up the dose of Vitex next time but I'll be doing clomid again next cycle.. its just a teensy bit stronger than the vitex ;)

:coffee: still waiting for something to happen for me toooo :hugs:

Hello Ladie,
I have to report that the vitex is helping with my lp temps they are still going up!So I have decided to take it till af has arrived so for me that would be 14 dpo she will arrive at 15 dpo.Hope to get my BFP at 12 dpo!! Good luck!!

I started Vitex about a week and a half ago. I got off of Depo in January so I am taking it to either get my period, to assist with ovulation, or just plain ole get me preggo. I will update you guys and hopefully I can tell you all that Vitex helped me and change the number in the title to 3 BFP's!!!!!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->