Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

Mrs. Ping - interesting about taking the Vitex until 8dpo. My temps and progesterone levels are so much crappier than they were on my cycles where my progesterone level was similar. I wonder if its the effect of stopping the Vitex. My acupuncturist gave me something else to take as soon as I ovulate to swap with the vitex but I'm going to ask her today what she thinks about this.

ok so i have no idea what is going on my bb's are sore my cervix is in the SHOW position I have EWCM but neg opk and no temp rise yet.my bb's started to hurt yesterday and the .1 tenth of a degree rise does not look like ovulation to me but who knows.

does anyone know if vitE can make your bb's sore!

I'm not sure why your BBs would be sore... its usually the progesterone that does that and, well without a temp spike/ovulation, you shouldn't have any progesterone bugging you.
I'd say it was the hormonal surge prior to ovulation but your OPK was negative.
Very confusing

However, seeing those SUPER stable temps is making me really want to switch to vag temping!!
Looks like you're close to O... maybe pos OPK tomorrow?
I know that when I get ovulation spotting it happens the day before my pos OPK... so something happens earlier than the LH surge, you know?

See why I am so confussed!! is it possible that I did ov yesterday and just missed the surge. when i did do the opk it was at like 6 at night.my temp did go up but is that enough? I guess i will know tomorrow.
Oh I also just took my temp it was 99.3
I would recommend vag temping soley on the fact that my temps are so stable it's freaking me out. in the past my temps were up and down like huge mountains and now as calm as a lake. I love it!!

looks like you haven't O'd yet.. temp was back down a little. I think it was too early anyway :) You want those eggs to get nice and fat before they pop... gives you better progesterone and a nice LP.

i dont think im ever gonna Ov :cry: my temps are up and down all over the place :cry:

thinking im gonna try soy next cycle if it ever gets here...

well i took an opk and it's ++++++ super positive twice as dark as the control line. I think that if I would have had an opk yesterday it would have been + last night plus my bb's are more sore now. it's really strange to have my bb's hurt before O but I guess anything can happen. I read that a large amount of estrogen can make your bb's hurt i guess this is why they hurt before O. Either way I am supper excited.
cycle before vitex O on cd 47
first cycle on vitex O on cd 37
second cycle on vitex O on cd 14-15

YAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

super excited!!

good luck ladies!

Hi ladies! I'm Teresa. Been off bcp's for 8 months, but ttc only 2 months. I have kinda long and irregular cycles, always have. They range from 37-52 days. Don't have PCOS or any other medical problems. I started Vitex on CD7 of this cycle. Currently on CD21, and haven't officially O'd yet. But this am I'm pretty sure I had a +OPK. Gonna keep on BDing. I was really hoping it would start working right away, but knew that was unlikely. It's great to see the Vitex has been working for some of you. I'm hoping I don't have to wait for them to work- meaning I get my BFP in a few weeks (assuming I actually do O). Lots of luck and :dust: to all!

hi goldi, yeah i think the vitex worked for me when i started taking it i O'ved pretty quick, now though its taking a while...i was hoping for a quick fix

fxed for your BFP and hope it works for you

Well I don't think I'm going to O this time... the latest I've gotten a pos OPK is CD16 and here on day 17 I'm still testing negative. My temps have been staying down but my CM hasn't been looking too great... its barely fertile

I hope you O soon . Remember girls that they say your cycle will get worse before it get better. Maybe your body is just trying to adjust! I hope so. Good luck Ladies!!

is that so...worse before it gets better? i have finished my vitex bottle and was not gonna buy another one and try soy and maca...but if it will get better maybe i should get another bottle

i havent Oved yet and am feeling like its not working at all :shrug:

I took 1 and 1/2 bottles to get where i am now. but I also think the vit c and vit e helped out alot. plus i drink 3 17 oz bottles of water a day. I would not give up hope yet. you are taking a high dose it should kick in soon.

good luck!

Think im about to ovulate.. which is very early for me since ive been tracking ovulating for 2 cycles, CD16 & 19.
Im on cd12 right now...yay for vitex :thumbup:

Mrs.Ping- I think I'll have to agree with the worse before it gets better statement.

Lisaf- CD17 is still early. Don't give up on O yet! Maybe it's jsut a little late this cycle.

Lilly12- Yay for O! CD12 wow, that's kinda early!? You think it's the Vitex? Did you have irregular or long cycles before Vitex?

I am excited that I am pretty sure I O'd this cycle. It was oddly on the same day as last cycle (CD24). I say oddly b/c I'm usually more irregular. I think Vitex may have messed up my hormones though. This is my first cycle on it, so I can't say for sure it was that. But last few cycles, I have gotten a quick, sudden temp spike after O. This cycle was a slow riser! I don't know if the Vitex had anything to do with it, but I feel much better today than yesterday, as I finally crossed my CL and got my CH's on FF. So I am going with the assumption I did O, and am now 3DPO. My LP is around 3 weeks, so I'll be testing on July 21st.

3 week LP? Wow thats the longest one I've heard of! That has to make the wait really suck!!!

Well I'm CD22 now, lol... I just really really want to get my period on my own so I can start Clomid again. So naturally this last cycle is going to drag on forever and make me take the provera to start a period again. *sigh*

goldiemama- I also felt that the vitex had messed up my hormones a bit to fpr the same reason. my O rise was not very signifigant and my lp temps seemed low. so i decided that I am taking my vitex till 10 dpo and have started this cycle with vaginal temping and my o rise is very clear and my lp temps are still going up plus my post O temps are pretty stable.

looking GOOD Mrs. Ping!!! That chart looks terrific!!
It totally changed your post O temps (though its possible the cummulative effect of the vitex helped too).. or perhaps something special is going on also!! :D FX'd!!!!

PS... I see you are a huge fan of the chart overlay tool, lol... I play with that SO much!!! :D

I love the chart overlay I look at it all the time. although I don't have a vip membership at this moment I kind of miss the extra stuff. I am not sure what is helping with my lp temps at the moment because i did all kinds of different things this cycle. I think most of it is the cumulative effects but I think it also has to do with the fact that I Oed in a normal time frame making my egg healthier and a stronger CL. so more progesterone. I do have to say that I have noticed a stronger LH surge for the last two cycles. the test line has been at least twice as dark as the control line. So I think that in the past my LH has just not been sufficent enough to release the egg. and now my hormones are a bit more balanced out. I just love this stuff!it really does wonders.
I hope you ovulate soon so you don't have to take that nasty provera!

Thanks... really hoping I just had one wind-up to ovulation and this next one will work... I don't mind the provera, I just resent the extra time it adds onto my wait for the next cycle.

Though IF I do ovulate on my own here, its getting late enough in the cycle that it may be worth trying, lol... its just messing with my head so bad and makes me keep second guessing myself.
If I'm right that my body knew I wasn't trying this month so it decided not to try... then by trying again, maybe I could make it work? Lol.
ARGH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"