Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

Lisaf- Sorry it seems to be taking so long. But looks like you got some +OPKs and a slight temp spike today, hope it keeps going up- if so I think you O'd on CD26. I know it's rough waiting around for O. My usual O day is CD24, it's a pain!

Mrs. Ping- Glad your temps are doing good! I'm testing at 12 DPO too! Hope we both get our BFPs.

Dandy- So sorry you're having a rough cycle. By your chart, it doesn't look like you O'd yet. Really hope either AF shows up so you can move on or you O soon!

AFM- My temps are finally going up to appropriate post-O temps. I was worried the Vitex had screwed things up, which it may have. I had a nice little dip at 6dpo and really hoping it was an ID. Though that seems a little early for me. I have such long cycles and long LPs, I really question anything that happens "early" in my cycle.

goldimama - thanks for the pma... hoping I see a higher temp tomorrow.. it really stinks because I didn't O on my own before the clomid and its like I had a residual effect from the clomid last cycle and its slowly wearing off... so I'm super paranoid that I won't O at all (i'm supposed to go back on clomid next cycle at a higher dose, so it sucks that my cycle is running long this time!)

by the way, your chart looks FANTASTIC... dare I say triphasic? A long LP is a good thing since it gives things a chance to happen late ... it doesn't mean they can't happen early... FX'd!!!!!

hi ladies hope its ok to join you im yet again on another long cycle day 57 right now i thought af was comign but nope shes playing tricks again and neg tests. have been docs numerouse times and just told its prob stress etc so as the wont help me i want to try agnus castus to try regulate my cycles but unsure how much i need aand at what dosage cant any one help? i just want af back to normal ive gone from a standard 28-30 cycle to now a god knows what this one will be ive had one last yr that was 80days!

thanx goldimama yes im gonna try vit C and then parsley (if C fails) to try to induce my period now

hi to the newbies :wave:

lindsey i take 1000mg a day im currently on a long cycle also so i feel your pain im on my second month of taking it (they say give it 3 months) so im hoping it kicks in soon

thanx goldimama yes im gonna try vit C and then parsley (if C fails) to try to induce my period now

hi to the newbies :wave:

lindsey i take 1000mg a day im currently on a long cycle also so i feel your pain im on my second month of taking it (they say give it 3 months) so im hoping it kicks in soon

thank you do i tale it right the way thru my cylce? i just want my normal cycles back right now i feel broken and im never gonna get a bfp

yay lisa hope this mean your Oing!!Good luck
dandy I feel for you hon just keep your head up It will happen soon I hope!Either O or AF!
lindseyanne- I take 1200 mg a day I use the Natures Way Brand it 100% Pure fruit from the tree. I take it all through my cycle as it helps with my lp temps I stopped at O last cycle and my lp temps were poor. I decided to take it right through and they are doing fine now. so i will stop when af has arrived and then start when she has gone.

As for me I had 2 temps dip and now my temp is back up again. Hoping it was implantation dip. am feeling kinda ill was the same yesterday my stomach is just rolling around very upset.

Mrs Ping- your chart looks great! At 10 dpo, that could very well have been an ID and now it's going back up. Waiting to hear results of your tests! :dust:

Lindsey- welcome! I'm new to Vitex, jsut started it on CD7 this past cycle. I was taking 800mg per day and have backed off to 400mg now. My cycles are around 37-52 days, but have been more regular recently at 41 days, so I didn't want to take too much. It's prob too low of a dose tho. I am planning to take it through my post-O phase until I get a BFP, then stop. I didn't know you were supposed to stop during AF as Mrs. Ping stated- is there a reason for that Mrs.Ping?

I'm not having many symptoms, and I jsut keep repeating to myself- "I will not test, I will not test!" still holdin out til saturday!

lindsey you can take it right through your cycle, stop as soon as you get a BFP though, or you can stop at O as I do (if i ever will O) :(

yes i didnt know this mrs ping should we not take it during AF?? cause i have been

also my fingers are xed for you mrs ping that chart is looking promising

Some women dont' take it during AF because they seem to feel it makes their period worse. I didn't notice that at all so I take it starting with AF.

I'm on one of the lowest doses in here, lol.. 200mg a day.
I do THINK I've ovulated... if I put in one more temp I get crosshairs, so FX'd for tomorrow morning's temp!
My temp has not been looking great though. I'm staying on the Vitex until a BFP or until my doc will let me start the progesterone suppositories. I'm hoping it makes my temps higher this time... maybe the slow rise is a buildup to a good high peak instead of burning out too soon? Wishful thinking...

To those wondering why and when you stop vitex, the issue is that you should not be taking it if you are pregnant. So some women take it up until ovulation so that they don't risk taking it for even one day while pregnant. Other women take it up until BFP because the risk is miniscule if its only a 1-2 day exposure and they find it gives them a better LP like Mrs. Ping.

I read somewhere that if you take it through your lp to stop at f because this will give your body a rest and have also read that for some women it makes their periods heavier. I did not find this to be a fact for me I took it begining cd 2 last cycle and was just fine.But will not take it during af this cycle because I have taken it all through my cycle so far. you can take it every day for a very long time and be just fine if you want but O feel that our bodys need a rest also!

yay lisa happy O day!! LOL

Hello
Can i join you all?? This is the first month of taking AC for me and i'm on cycle day 12 (my usual cycle length is anywhere from 24 - 42 days), i'm also taking evening primrose oil....
I took ac when i conceived last time so i have fx it will work this time too!
Good luck everyone!
x

Welcome Osch- glad to have you. Really happy to see it worked for you in the past. That gives me more hope.

My temp's doing kinda weird stuff. It was super high and then dropped again today at 10dpo. It could just be the air conditioner or hitting the snooze button more on some days?!?? :shrug: But I'm getting a good amount of pelvic cramping and out of control increased CM today. So REALLY trying not to let my hopes get too high, but finding it hard not to. I'm still holding out to test til Saturday, but prob wouldn't make it much further than that.

Yay Lisa- glad you O'd, hope you caught that eggie!

osch - welcome! Do you chart your temps or anything to see if you ovulate and when?

I finally ovulated officially! Yay!! Had a nice high temp today too. Finally higher than all my pre-o temps. Doc wants me to get my blood progesterone checked soon then go on the suppositories. I wish I could rewind and try things differently... like if I take the suppositories, it will affect my temps so if it doesn't work, I wont' know what my chart would have been like on its own... so it would be nice to rewind and try it another way.
Lol, wishful thinking!

yay Lisa hope your temps stay nice and high this cycle!
I took test this morning and got bfn. plus my temp dropped so I think spotting is going to happen tomorrow and then af the next day!won't test again till af is late!

Good Luck all!

welcome Osch :wave: glad to hear AC has worked for you :) :hugs: hope it works its magic again

Lisa :happydance: yay for Ov :)

Mrs Ping: sorry about the BFN :hugs: your not out till your out though :)

can i jpin you ladies.started to take ac and epo on cd66(9th july) and now cd 73.my cycles are all over the show.have tried thisa stuff yrs ago but never properly.hoping it will kick start af to be regular

Well my temp dipped today... so much for the vitex keeping my temp/progesterone high, lol.

well started spotting today so af will be here tomorrow!

mrs ping :hugs: maybe next month will be yours :)

lisa :haha: maybe it needs longer to kick in :shrug:

Hi Hayley welcome :wave: wow 73 days!! im up to 45 days of a nothing/never ending cycle and am frustrated cant imagine how you must be feeling!! Im gonna try to bring on AF already as i just want my next cycle to get here :haha: well fxed for you and me that AC can fix our bad cycles so we can be more regular

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->