Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

ive not had a cycle this long in quite awhile,but i think i may have had a chem last cycle so maybe thats why

af got me today a day early so that makes my cycle 28 days!! with a 13 day lp!( used to be 14-16) I will give a day in my lp for a way shorter cycle that's a bargain. plus I can always take a b6( I believe it is) to extend my lp.Hope this cycle is the one!

Good luck to everyone!

Mrs. Ping.. sorry to hear the witch got you.
Yes, you can take vitamin B to help lengthen your LP. You shouldn't take B6 alone though, there's a huge thread on here that explain it all but basically if you don't take the B vits in equal portions you can actually become deficient in some of the other ones (and B12 deficiency is linked to miscarriage). It also helps you absorb better if you have them all together. Usually recommend taking a B-50 complex or a B-100 complex (the 50 and 100 refer to amount of each vitamin, its normal to have higher folic acid in the mix).

Got my blood drawn this morning ... should hear my progesterone levels this afternoon.

yay I was just thinking the same thing about the b complex. i'm gonna wait till next cycle to take them. wanna see if this is just a fluke or if it's gonna be the norm for me for now on.i have been looking into IVF as dh has a severly low sperm count. I have found that some place offer a free IVF as a clinical trial. or I can do egg donation and have almost all of it paid for. our insurance does not cover fertility issues. I don't even want to waist my time with iui as dh will probably not have enough sperm after the wash.Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Good luck on your prog test LISA!

strange thing took my temp yeterday and today and they went back up to 97.7 even though af is visiting. they usually go straight down. maybe it's the vitex.

Mrs. Ping - From what I've read, they don't like to do egg donation from women who have never had kids (do you have any?). Both because it ensures that their eggs are capable of being successful and in case something goes wrong. Have you guys considered IUI? I know the success rate isn't great overall, but if there are known sperm issues, it seems like its worth a try or two. I know its about $1K per try for IUI at my clinic.
If you do go the IVF route and can afford it, you might want to try the shared risk programs... where you have X number of tries (usually 3) and if you don't get pregnant, you get almost all your money back. Its a bigger up front fee, but you can only usually do it if its your first try (if you have previous failed attempts some programs won't accept you).

Got my progesterone level back.. at 5dpo it as a pathetic 4.2 :haha::haha: that is BARELY ovulatory. My FS put me on the progesterone suppositories. I'm a little excited to see if thats all I needed to get pregnant. Of course now my temps and LP will be completely dictated by the suppositories so high temps, triphasic, or long LP/late AF will not mean anything, lol!

ya I was thinking IUI but with dh's count so low not enough will survive the wash to be succesful I don't think I just didn't want to waste money on iui if ivf is a more suitable choice.

happily they say to give it up to 3 months to see improvements so just stay with it :) as i am and still hoping for my improvements also :D :hugs:

honey -dandy- I'm so sorry the vitex is not working yet! I hope it does soon.I'm on cd 3 and af has already stopped. I was hopping the vitex would make af longer but I guess not.
hope i o on the same day this cycle!!

Mrs. Ping- so sorry the :witch:got you! Glad your cycles are shorter! And I agree with the B-complex plan. I took them this last cycle.

Lisaf- How was the progesterone? Hope you can keep the levels you need to get that BFP!

happilytrying- Don't fret, it works for a lot of people eventually, but yeah it sucks that it's not right away! I used Vitex for the first time this cycle and it did not improve my timing- I still O'd on CD24, which is fine.

But I won't be using Vitex again this cycle- because I'm on a next cycle- I got my BFP!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::yipee::yipee: I'm floating on :cloud9: and am just bursting to tell everyone! But I want to wait to tell people to make sure little bean is sticky. I just know I'm gonna burst holding it in! DH and I will tell really close friends and family, tho! I can't keep it from them.

congrats goldimama!!!!

Mrs Ping - why do you want a longer AF?

Me - well my temps are looking good. The suppositories are definitely raise my BBT so that must mean they are having a good effect on my body.
now I'm only worried that being sick like I am will somehow prevent implantation... 10 days now with this stomach bug (docs ran tests and ruled out everything but a virus and say it just has to run its course). Any chance that being weakened like this will make it easier to get pregnant? ;) Like how having a weakened system makes you more susceptible to other sicknesses or parasites... I want a baby parasite please! :)

wow congrats goldi :hugs: thats awesome news :) yay for another bfp :D :happydance:

lisa :rofl: do you think a baby parasite is contagious?? maybe i should come for a visit :haha:

lisa :rofl: do you think a baby parasite is contagious?? maybe i should come for a visit :haha:

I think you have to catch the baby parasite from coming in contact with the reproductive fluids of a man actually. It seems guys normally have these harmless parasites called 'sperm'. They won't do much unless they combine with a female version of the harmless parasite. They then become this super parasite that feeds off your body for 9 whole months, making you sick, making you tired etc. Then, once it rips itself from your body, you have to care for it for another 18 years! ;)

Well ladies, i haven't been keeping up on babyandbump for the last month and i haven't been charting very closely either. i ran out of vitex and never restocked, so i stopped taking it and my cycle is running on cd 43 today (after 3 cycles on Vitex with an average of ending on cd 33). i'm fairly certain i ovulated at some point because the last 7 days i have had post-o temps.

i will definitely be getting some more vitex to start taking again with the next cycle. i regret having stopped and having let my charting go to crap. Now i have no clue really when AF will come or if there's any chance of pregnancy this time. Sheesh. Note to self: Buy Vitex!!!!

well started spotting last night 14 days after a pos opk.so hopefully it will go into full force today

2 full cycles on vitex & yesterday a :bfp: !!!

good luck to you ladies

:dust:

Congrats Lilly!!!!

I'm really hoping I'm heading towards a BFP this cycle.
My temps look fantastic but I know its just the progesterone suppositories, lol.

yay lilly :happydance: congrats

you are giving me hope that it will work for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->