Agnus Castus (Vitex) ladies - Lets see how successful it can be (2 BFP's so far!!)

af full force today.cd1

congrats ladies on the bfps :p)

can i ask what your afs were like on this stuff ???its been more painfull but weird af.its more like red water than blood,sorry tmi.and i keep getting weird stomache pains which i havent had in a very long time

I know what you mean about the red water. I think thats supposed to be a good thing actually.

Hi girls...

CONGRATS to all the BFP holders:happydance::happydance::happydance:
So good to hear some positive news with vitex...

A quick question...
Anyone with pcos here...is vitex a no no for pcos gals...really worried cos i got a +ve very dark opk today on CD 15..only thing diff is soy and vitex ...

https://www.babyandbump.com/ovulations-tests/375436-answer-brand-opk-positive.html

SO im just wondering is vitex giving me false positives...anyone experienced this??
TIA

PCOS can sometimes give you false positives.
Different brands of OPKs have different sensitivity levels though. I never got a true 2x darker line until I got to the brand I now use. One store brand in particular would never give me even an equal darkness line (using the same urine that gave me a super dark positive on the other brand).

I'm not sure about taking soy and vitex together.... haven't heard that is recommended since I know you can't take vitex with clomid and soy is taken similarly to clomid. I'm not sure what effect that would have, good or bad, to take soy and vitex together.

Vitex is perfectly fine for PCOS girls. I'm not sure if there has been a study and if its considered to help the PCOS condition in particular, but there shouldn't be any harm in it simply because of your condition.

Its supposed to give you a stronger ovulation and a good strong LH surge should help you release that egg (I read somewhere that weak LH surges can mean the egg doesn't actually get released but your body thinks it has).

Hi lisa...thanks for being such a help.

I was worried abt vitex.I stopped it last cycle around ov and resumed it around Cd 12 this cycle so as to not mix with soy effects.I really dont think vitex is giving me this surge cos i took it only for 3 days this cycle.Im hoping this positive is cos of soy and genuine.Last time,i was complaining abt faint positives...and u said its abt finding the brand that suits one...lisa dear...i think ive found my brand..my first positive opk ever.

Havent been regular charting this month,seriously wish i had,but will try to do it the next couple of days to confirm ov.

GL to u!!!How are the symptoms coming along...keep us posted..btw..i love ur chart...symptoms look diff ...very from past months...FX'd

jwelmel - Its all about the brand! :) There's a site in the UK that sells them at 3 different sensitivity levels.. the only place I've found that admits that it matters and will tell you what theirs are! (I was tempted to buy some 10miu/ml HPTs from them, hehe)

Unfortunately I can't do much symptom spotting this cycle. I'm on progesterone suppositories this cycle because of my low progesterone levels (really hoping its my magic bullet and all I really needed!). They affect my temps and can cause all kinds of symptoms. I haven't had any symptoms at all though really, not even my usual 7dpo sore boobs (must be because my progesterone was lower than usual this cycle). If thats not bad enough, I'm fighting this stomach bug -12 days and counting- that makes any other symptoms impossible to spot, lol.

I had planned on skipping this cycle because of this extra insurance cut-off and to give myself a stress-free 2ww. Its like the universe/my body conspired though... I ovulated just late enough to put me into the coverage window for the insurance, and now of course I can't symptom spot. Oh and my due date would be April 4th, our anniversary. This just HAS to be my month, right?

Seeing ur symptoms...i really think this is your month..maybe the progesterone boost is what u needed..When r u planning on testing...i think ..wait 3-4 days more and do it.:happydance::happydance::happydance:

haha, I meant to test this morning actually, lol (mainly because I started spotting at 10dpo one cycle so testing at 9dpo means I at least get a chance to test.. hehe). But of course I forgot. My other excuse for testing early is because otherwise I forget to do it when its more important. It also takes the 'edge' off those later tests when I know the result is more likely to tell me for sure.

I plan on taking a test when I get home this afternoon. Just because, hehe.

Yeah..that sounds good...but u knw its always better to wait after af is due...cos then u can be certain and keep feeding your hope.

FX'd:hugs:...sending lots of PMA and baby dust your way:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I can't stand the limbo of not knowing... so if I'm going to get a BFP, I feel I deserve to know as soon as possible, hehe.. put me out of my misery and let me move on to worrying/obsessing about the pregnancy!
If I wait a few days, I also end up so nervous I'm shaking and can't even bring myself to look at the test. Whereas if I test every day, its no big deal, you know?
And prior to this cycle I HAD to test early to see if I got a BFP so I could start the suppositories (my last doc wouldn't let me take them until I got a positive test).

Both times I got seemingly positive tests it was probably 11dpo or so. So I won't be too disappointed at an early BFN right now.

wow so much has happened!!
Goldi and Lilly Congrat's on the bfp's!!
Yay lisa for the higher temps! this is so exciting for us!
I hope to get my bfp soon!
Lisa I wanted a longer af because my af is not very heavy and very short I feel that my uterine lining is not thick enough if i don't bleed for at least 4 day.Before i started ttc my period was 4 days of flow and 1 day of spotting.I need to ask my doctor if I can get my estrogen levels checked.
my first af on vitex was 1 day of really watery red spotting two days of flow and then two more days of the watery red spotting. I think it's just your body cleaning out really good. the same thing happened to my urine when i started taking it. my urine used to be really dark and was very hot when i urinated but now is almost clear like water and feel cool and very clean if you know what I mean by!

oh ladies this stuff has reall made me really heavy,sorry tmi coming up.i got up this morn and put me legging on and trotted to bath room.then i gushed.through 2 pads,me knickers,me trousers and onto the floor .sorry told you tmi.i and has it been this bad for any of you???bright brillant red not like af blood(sorry).im wearing 2 pads at a time a night time one and a norm one towards the back as i keep leaking.so mil come and taken boys for the day so i can try get the flow to calm down :p(

I have read that for some women when they take it during af is make it really heavy and crampy. try to stop during af and start up again after if you haven't already. this may help. or it could just be your hormone trying to get strait.Good luck hope you feel better!

hayley - if it keeps up at that rate, you might want to call the doctor.
I had a super heavy bleed where I was going through a super tampon in less than 2 hours (this went on for a total of 26 days). I joked that I must have been slaughtering small animals up there because there is no way that I had that much blood/lining left to shed. Mine was way before I took the vitex though and related to my IUD removal and anovulation. If you are losing blood too fast they worry and if you lose too much in general they will probably want to make sure you aren't anemic.
Funny but I found that the modern 'slim' pads left me more vulnerable to leaks than the older style puffy ones. I tend to use those now. I often double up with the tampon and the pad. That heavy flow left me feeling like a 13 year old again... not knowing how to manage my own darned period. Had to wrap a sweater around my waist on at least 3 occasions at work during that 26 day bleed.

yikes, i've never had a bleed that heavy and i take vitex right through

ok todays the day, i have heated up my first parsley tea and am going to try to induce a period, not looking forward to drinking it though :sick:

ugh, sorry dandy. That stinks! Never had to/tried to induce a period myself. Just taken the provera from the doctor to start one. Good luck!
Are you doing the vitamin C too?

i had 500mg of vit c this morning also, i tried 3000mg of vit c last week and it just gave me more CM but i have heard vit C can harm your organs so i dont want to do any more than that

Dandy, I am in the same boat. I made parsley tea the night before last and also have been taking Vitamin C the last few days but still no period. Guess I'm just gonna have to wait til I go to the doctor in September. =(

what CD are you wanting?? gosh i hope it works or im drinking this crap for nothing!! im gonna drink it 2 times a day, i know someone who did that and they got AF on about day 3 or 4 i think it was

ok take 2 of the parsley tea...i bought fresh stuff and now the water looks like pee :sick: and has an even worse odour than the dried parsley had, i have put sarsparilla cordial in it to hide the colour and some of the flavour...but its not hiding the odour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->