Aldi or lidl?

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
What's the best place to do food shop? :-/ were on proper tight budget :-( argh!

I'd say Aldi Hun, in lidl they do alot of branded things that can sometimes be a little more than your usual tesco/asda! aldi is german, so alot of things are German but are fantastic tasting! We go to Aldi when we are skint! Even when we not skint we do sometimes! Xx

I like both, Lidl you can get more branded goods such as Pepsi, Heinz beans, etc but both are good maybe mix it up a bit?

You know I was just saying to OH we should start shopping in these places more, especially for things like pepsi max cos my hubby drinks soooo much of it.

tbh id just go to asda or something and get value stuff. I done a shop in aldi once and it wasnt much cheaper plus i still needed to get some stuff from tesco that they didnt have :dohh:

when i lived in germany both lidl and aldi where the main supermarkets and i found lidl best, the meat was great quality n there own brand nappies where good. but i agree with blah, id just go asda, theres not much differnce in price

I tried to shop in aldi before and I dumped the trolley half way down the 1st isle .... where was my branded cereal and biscuits :lol:

I would go to asda and get value stuff. I love asda....tesco is just a pure rip off imo.

I normally shop in asda but it's so big we end up putting stuff in trolley that we don't need even witha shopping list.! Lil

Not sure how old ur lo is but lidl nappies are the best I've found and they're only a fiver for like 50! That's a big money saver if he's still in them x

*cough*lidl is German too , lol*cough*

I support however Aldi as they have the better products and because they havent had a surveillance scandal like lidl had.

Although over here you get shop brands in supermarkets to similar prices anyway.

Aldi. We got a full to the brim trolley full of food & a pack of nappies for £50.00 the other month and we only had to go to tesco for cereal, ariel & organic milk for LO i love their stuff x

Aldi is quite pricey and pretencious(sp?) nowadays; I prefer LIDL but neither of them you can get a full shop from tbh xx

I'm American, and ALDI is fairly new over here, but they happen to be my employer. And while I work there, I LOVE the store. We have a store called Stop & Shop right in the same shopping center, and I refer to that place as the Evil Empire. They are an absolute conglomerate, brainwashing people into believing it's the only place to shop, and they charge OUTRAGEOUS prices on just about everything. I mean, $8 for kielbasa, $5 for handsoap, $4-5 for a box of cereal....
I really wish ALDI were around when we were really strapped for cash after first moving here. At other places we fill a cart for $200. At ALDI I can fill a cart, meat included, for about $100, maybe $120, and eat for almost a month.
They also pay really well. The economy is awful over here, and retail jobs pay jack...most offer $8/hr. ALDI starts at $11.35/hr and happily hands out raises, along with giving insurance. I *believe* I'll be getting 1/2 pay for 14 weeks of maternity leave too. Yahoo!

Anyhoo, sorry for the ramble, but I really love this store. As I said, it's still new in this area, so it's a novelty. And the food is fabulous. I don't care what name is on the box...if the food tastes good, it tastes good. And if I can pay half the price and still get good, wholesome food....sign me up! I'm all for ALDI, whether I work there or not.

I don't think either are particularly cheaper tbh....& I can't do a full shop in there.

I pop into Lidl for Veg mainly & sometimes for their weekend specials (this weekend, Lamb chops £2ish instead of £4ish, yum!).

I prefer Morrisons (I like Asda but there isn't one near me so by the time I would pay for diesel, it wouldn't be worth it) & I love Heron for frozen food!

We go to Lidl purely because there is a store at each end of our road(they are meant to be about 3 miles apart.but its a 5 min walk to either for us....they are ok to do a shop at,but I do find I can't get everything I need...

could you not do a home shop?that way you are only spending what you need?Xx

Aldi for us. I love the price of their fruit & veg and the ham's lovely. I have their iphone app and always look at what their special buy's are. I agree that you can struggle to do a full shop (but once youve been a few times you plan around what they have) I don't quite get the cereal issues on the thread. They may not be "branded" but they are just as good and a wide choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->