Aldi or lidl?

Im an aldi girl too. I shop monthly and I go to aldi and iceland. I agree there are somethings I still need to go tesco or sainsbury. Aldi's own brand food is brill. the kids dont know the difference with a lot of their stuff but iceland is pretty good too.In between my monthly shop I pop to which ever shop im nearest to for milk and bread. I think when LO is here I might have to change my shopping habbits but til the I stay the same.

I'm definitely with those of you who don't care about the name on the box. I can't vouch for the UK, though I'm sure it's the same, but here in the US ALL food is held to the same quality standards and tested rigorously for all sorts of things. If it's on the shelf at a grocery store, it's the same quality as the name brand.
Besides, a lot of generic food, be it a store's brand, off-brand, or aldi's brand, a lot of it is manufactured by the name brand. I don't know if it's the same there, but for example, I was told their sandwich cookies are made by Oreo, their coffee is made by Folger's, etc. The cereal/crackers/granola bars are manufactured by Con Agra, and they make a lot of the name brand food too. (This one I can verify....a packing slip snuck its way through on a pallet I unloaded! I'm not supposed to know. ;) )

we always shop in lidl now, tbh we cant afford to waste lots of money on food. Plus we make everything from scratch so it doesnt matter where you get the fruit etc from. altho i have found that lidl fruit and veg stays fresher longer :thumbup:

I prefer Aldi and we do our shoping there every week, skint or not.
I can't tell any different between high street brands and Aldi's own sometimes, there's no big difference in things like cereal/milk/veg/meats/etc.

I remember once doing a shop at Asda and nearly died when I got to the till, I had purposely bought all Smart price stuff and the exact same things I usually get from Aldi and my shopping budget was doubled!!

i like both think i slightly prefer lidls more but can get some great bargains from both and i love there healthy ceral exatcly same as speacial k x

I like shopping at Aldi for baking needs, as I am not a fan of paying nearly $3 for a package of chocolate chips and would much rather spend $1.60 on an off brand, especially when there is no difference in taste. Their eggs, flour, and sugar are also a lot cheaper than all other places I have found. I went there Saturday and was only supposed to get a package of white chocolate chips but of course I ended up getting a ton of things that made me regret not getting a basket - they were all things I needed for our family Christmas parties so it wasn't extra spending, I just usually get that stuff elsewhere but Aldi prices were too good to pass up.

We don't have a Lidl so I can't compare but we don't buy produce from Aldi, we especially do not get their onions or oranges. My husband peeled an orange, bit into it, and it was moldy on the INSIDE of the segment. Blech! And the onions get mushy fast and we actually use up 1lb of onions in a week and a half so even if they are cheaper, I'd rather buy ones that will last months if I need them to.

Has anyone had their cheese? Not the slices but the blocks of cheese that you can cut up and eat on crackers with summer sausage? I love their summer sausage but I am leary off-brand cheese unless it is from Kroger.

Has anyone had their cheese? Not the slices but the blocks of cheese that you can cut up and eat on crackers with summer sausage? I love their summer sausage but I am leary off-brand cheese unless it is from Kroger.
We get there cheese sometimes, it's usually the lower fat one and it's a strong cheese but delicious :cloud9: We also get the cheese squares which are exactly the same as dairylea.

I do pretty much all my shopping in Aldi and Lidl, I do a combination of both, I know there's certain things I like better or are better value in each.
I don't care what it says on the box as long as it tastes good so I haven't bought branded cereals in ages!
Also yes a lot of the stuff is made in the same factories as branded stuff. (I have a few friends who work/have worked in factories....did ya know m and s flavored water is the same as the aldi one just a different label!)

i love lidl chocolate, icecream, fruit juice and cloudy lemonade!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->