All Aboard!! Come ride the 2013 Baby Train! Choo, choo!!

Oh, garfie, big hugs. :hugs: Keep your thoughts positive, love.

Welcome, Laubull! :hi:

Thankyou for your comments girls. I will update thursday when i know more, ive had a rollercoaster few days and my head is scrambled!

Garfie i really really hope things come out positive for you hun. Will be thinking of you over the next few days.

Congrats to those bfp's.

Hey nicki, I've replied to your message sweetie. If you need anything else just ask xxx

Thinking of you garfie, I hope it was good news.

Nicki I'm so sorry :cry:

Congrats on the new :bfp:s xxx

Waiting to test here but don't think this is our month either.

Right Ladies

Can anyone explain this to me:-

2 May HCG 32
9 May HCG 798
16 May HCG 3443

The hospital have just phoned yes there is a pregnancy my level is 798 which is good news! - Is it? did they just pluck a number out of thin air. The nurse also said that it wasn't a problem it hadn't increased. Wth that is not my understanding at all.

So upshot I have to have another blood test Friday and more scans in the coming weeks.

No further forward - so not sure what is going on.

:hugs:

X

Wait, your hcg went from 3443 down to 798 in 4 days? Oh, honey... I don't think that's a good news. Unless the nurse you spoke with was just dumb and not looking at the paperwork correctly.

Sorry hun got that bit wrong 3443 on the 16 May I cant even see straight at the minute it went backwards instead of forwards according to the levels right?

X

Your levels definitely shouldn't be going backwards at this stage garfie. I think a call to them to check the numbers they've given you would be a good idea xx

Garfie i hope there is an error there and someone has told you wrong. Sat in limbo not knowing whats going on is pure torture! Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for good news your way. Please try and hold on to some hope and stay positive.

baby_maybe, thankyou hun you have really helped me!

Been down to a&e tonight as hospital told me if my bleeding changed to go straight in, well i filled the toilet at 5pm!

The ignorant ob who dealt with me made me feel completely stupid! Asked who told me it was ectopic as it wasnt on his screen and when i told him the events from tuesday, looked at my partner and asked if he was there when they told me this!! Im sure he thought i was making the whole thing up!
He did an internal and said 'you can go home, just go to your appointment in the morning, you look ok'!!! what am i supposed to look like??

I told him i was told to go straight back if the bleeding got heavier but he just brushed me off and left! Disgusted! Will be making a complaint first thing!

Nicki that's disgusting!!!!

Garfie I know that after a certain point hcg tapers off which is why some women stop getting bfps when they know they're pregnant. Not sure if this is the case for you I hope so.

Nicki, that's disgraceful behaviour, but then again I never expect anything better from A&E. You're much better off with the nurses or docs at epau.

I was told a while back that either ibuprofen or diclofenic will help to ease heavy bleeding, so you could maybe try taking either to help overnight. I had some pretty heavy episodes of bleeding over the course of a week right at the end of my ectopic, but never enough to need to go back in. If you soak through a pad in 30 minutes you should definitely be seen again, but if it is not that heavy constantly you should be ok until they see you in the morning :hugs: xxx

Nicki that's disgusting!!!!

Garfie I know that after a certain point hcg tapers off which is why some women stop getting bfps when they know they're pregnant. Not sure if this is the case for you I hope so.

I thought that was when your levels got so high that they no longer trigger a hpt. It's called something, but I can't remember!!

Ah here it is, the hook effect. I got this from another site:

"Finally, the other reason for false negatives was only recently described and is referred to as the "variant hook effect." This is much more common than the hook effect. As pregnancy progresses, there are actually different variant forms of hCG that begin to appear in the urine. After about 5 weeks of pregnancy (i.e. 3 weeks after the expected period) concentrations of hCG beta core fragment are higher than all other forms of hCG. This is perfectly normal. Unfortunately, the concentration of hCG beta core fragment can saturate one of the antibodies used in the assay in certain pregnancy kits, and the other antibody doesn't recognize the beta core fragment. As a result, no sandwich forms and the test is read as a negative. The farther in pregnancy a woman is, the more likely that this false negative will occur. Similar to the hook effect, the variant hook effect can be confirmed if testing shows a positive result after diluting the sample."

Oh Garfie I hope good news is headed your way! :flower: One of my very close friends had the exact same thing happen to her. She went to the doctor and he looked and didn't see anything and actually tried to talk her into a D & C on the spot! She refused and went home because she couldn't shake the feeling that she was still pregnant since pee sticks were still turning positive (she was about 4-6 weeks at this point). She went back to the doctor a month later and there her little baby was! She was 8 weeks along and now has a beautiful 2 year old boy!

I know not every story is meant to end so happily but just trust your instincts and your body. :hugs:. If my friend hadn't she would have killed her baby. I'm praying for the best for you! :hugs:

Nicki- So sorry hun. thinking of you...sending you some love and light to help you through this! That ER doc should get written up for that behavior! Make sure to follow through with that!

Garfie- So sorry you are in limbo right now....I hope you have great news for us on Friday!

Countrygirl- congrats to you! fab news!!!

Eternity - fxed it is just a shy bfp you are dealing with!

Mousy - congrats on being in the tww....we can sweat it out together!!!!!

afm - I got a positive opk on monday and triggered late last night per my RE (she said it could only help things along so why not!)....we have been doing it at least every day since my positive....I was told to start my progesterone tonight which I have done. I hope I have caught that egg.....

Quick question - does anyone know why they recommend that you do not pick anything up heavier than 10lbs afer IUI or any fertility treatment?

Thanks for all your good wishes and advice ladies:flower:

Phoned the hospital this morning told them I was not happy with the results (fair enough I could understand the levels could be dropping) but surely not to the exact number?

Spoke to a nurse she got the dr to call me back, This is what he said:-

HCG level is 29000 (not 798) good job I questioned it.

Sac is measuring 15.3mm (not 20mm as I was told) and anything smaller than 2cm would be very difficult to see a baby.

No further blood tests needed.

Repeat scan 8 June - to relax and wait, unless I have bleeding/cramping in the meantime I should be able to see something at the next scan.:happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I am so happy at the moment, he apologised for their error all the way through and the worry it has caused and was pleased that one of us was on the ball (me).

I am just so relieved (have been up since 4.15) Maybe tonight I might get a better sleep.

X

Yea good news Garfie, fingers crossed for next weeks scan :)

That's fantastic news Garfie!! :happydance:

Nicki I hope you do complain that's really bad.
I hope you get some proper answers!! :hugs:

AFM, still no AF or signs of her, still pg symptoms, still have no idea :haha:
Just did another IC, thought for a minute I was going to get a faint bfp but as the dye faded to leave the test line the faint line faded away too.... No idea if that's a good sign or a faulty strip?!
Will use a proper hpt tomorrow.

Garfie - i'm so pleased you were able to get the correct information. That sounds like a much better number!! Sending you good luck wishes for your next scan :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->