All aboard the SMEP train!

Fingers crossed for you alchemy! I hope you hear soon and it's good news!

My opks are completely blank now so if I did O, I think it would have been Friday. Trying to keep myself calm and positive. :)

Hope you get to hear early and hope it's great news for you, alchemy! Sending positive vibes your way! :thumbup:

Jumpingo, awesome to hear you've got your +OPK! Get to that BDing!! Fingers crossed that the temp spike comes perfectly timed before your flight so then you can rest easy and just relax!

Me, I'm in the boring early stages of the new cycle. Oddly, I've only been spotting the last 2 days, so basically only a 1 day period. Feel a little confused by that. Temp is way down to start of cycle normal, though. Maybe I'm not building up enough lining?? :shrug: Anyways, decided since it's too early that the doctors would probably send me away I've decided to also add acupuncture in with this round of SMEP. Had 1st treatment today and the relaxation it provides me is probably just one more thing my body was craving. The practitioner did talk about their special tea blend but at $300 for approximately a 3 weeks supply and then something else for implantation time, I figure I'll see what happens with the acupuncture alone first! At least the acupuncture is permitted to be covered by my HSA. Teas and herbs, not so much! :haha:

I was so interested in acupuncture as well, my insurance covered 1/2 so that was good too. I did for sessions, my DH is NOT a believer whatsoever and called it a waste of money. My practitioner did not give me herbs, and honestly I don't like needles so it was actually more stressful than relaxing, lol... Practitioner's advice if you want to run with it: Warm up the uterus, keep feet warm, ginger tea, cinnamon tea, vitamin E and a multivitamin daily.
Hope it works for you, fingers crossed and let me know. I'm so interested! :kiss::kiss::happydance:

Blood test came back negative. Hoping that the doctor can prescribe me something to restart my period so I can get back to work TTC.

Hello Ladies!!! Hi Jumping :hi: I'm on the other thread for TTC #1 but I thought this thread looked fun as well. Can you add me to the October list please. I officially get to start TTC on Friday which will be CD8, and of course we are SMEPing!!! For some reason I think I'm too excited lol. Well, lots of :dust: to you ladies and I hope there is a BFP here soon!

Hello Ladies!!! Hi Jumping :hi: I'm on the other thread for TTC #1 but I thought this thread looked fun as well. Can you add me to the October list please. I officially get to start TTC on Friday which will be CD8, and of course we are SMEPing!!! For some reason I think I'm too excited lol. Well, lots of :dust: to you ladies and I hope there is a BFP here soon!

:wave: hi HopingCarter!! welcome!
i got you added to the front page:thumbup:

i agree - this thread is in need of a bfp, asap!
who's up for it??

(i'm only CD15, so not much help...yet?)

am going to the obgyn here in an hour though...it could put a quick stop to our nearly perfectly SMEPed month:cry: but we'll see what the doc says:nope::dohh:

LilRu, hadn't thought to try ginger or cinnamon teas. Will definitely look into those! Just renewed my stock of raspberry leaf tea today. Sorry to hear the acupuncture wasn't relaxing for you, but I can see how that would be the case if you don't do needles well. For me, needles don't bother me unless I try to watch! :haha: This practitioner, I hardly even felt most of the needles when she put them in, so I found that impressive. Will see how it goes and keep you posted! I honestly think there's something up with my system due to past history (ruptured appendix, HSG with dye that almost didn't go through one tube, etc) so I do think if it finally happens for me this month that the acupuncture will have played a part but who knows.

Alchemy, so sorry to hear that the blood work was negative. Was really hoping you'd get a positive! :hugs:

Hi HopingCarter! Completely agree with you and Jumpingo! Time to see a BFP in here soon! Jumpingo, I'm well behind you, so even less help! :haha: :coffee: Someone will provide one, I'm sure of it!

am going to the obgyn here in an hour though...it could put a quick stop to our nearly perfectly SMEPed month:cry: but we'll see what the doc says:nope::dohh:

phew, managed to get out with just a redo of my pap smear instead of a colposcopy, which was what was scheduled. was so devastated that our perfectly timed SMEP would go to waste and that the recovery from the biopsy was gonna be bad while traveling back stateside.:cry:

BUT, apparently they didn't run tests for HPV when they did the pap smear a couple weeks ago, so even though it came back as abnormal, the doctor offered to run it again, also testing for HPV this time, instead of the more invasive biopsy. she said even if you have an abnormal pap, if you're over 30 and test negative for HPV, it just means you have to come back in a year for another pap instead. so, if i test negative, i'm good for a year. if i test positive, then i will still have to get the colposcopy, but by then it'll be november or december and i'll be preventing pregnancy then, so it won't be such a problem with timing.:wacko:

so, anyway, back to our regularly schedule SMEP! bwahaha...
but ugh, my eyes are totally shot from all this crying...:shy::dohh:

Good Morning Ladies

Awwwwww Jumpingo :hugs: You will be in my prayers lady. FX for that negative HPV test. At least you get to keep up with your SMEP schedule. Let's get those :spermy: swimming and make a sticky!!

I know I wont be of any help with any BFP announcement soon either because I'm only on CD7, don't officially get to start until tomorrow but I have my FX for you ladies who will be in that 2ww soon! :dust: to us all

LilRu, hadn't thought to try ginger or cinnamon teas. Will definitely look into those! Just renewed my stock of raspberry leaf tea today. Sorry to hear the acupuncture wasn't relaxing for you, but I can see how that would be the case if you don't do needles well. For me, needles don't bother me unless I try to watch! :haha: This practitioner, I hardly even felt most of the needles when she put them in, so I found that impressive. Will see how it goes and keep you posted! I honestly think there's something up with my system due to past history (ruptured appendix, HSG with dye that almost didn't go through one tube, etc) so I do think if it finally happens for me this month that the acupuncture will have played a part but who knows.

Alchemy, so sorry to hear that the blood work was negative. Was really hoping you'd get a positive! :hugs:

Hi HopingCarter! Completely agree with you and Jumpingo! Time to see a BFP in here soon! Jumpingo, I'm well behind you, so even less help! :haha: :coffee: Someone will provide one, I'm sure of it!

I didn't feel the needles either! Lol, it was all in my head. MrsG, stay positive, even with your medical history, eastern medicine combined with western technology is a powerful combination. I truly believe it is a positive path to healing. Sending u lots of baby dust. :dust::kiss:

take THAT, SMEP!!:mrgreen:

Attachments

• Oct CD16 FF chart.jpg
    Oct CD16 FF chart.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Oct cycle #5 timing analyzer .jpg
    Oct cycle #5 timing analyzer .jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 10
I don't know how to professional read a chart but I think that spike in temp looks like you "worked:winkwink:" it in right, plus your PM says high so I'm hoping you got your sticky Jumpingo!!!! :dust::dust::dust: Fx for your BFP if you test on the 30th like it suggests(although I'd be tempted to test a lot earlier lol)

yeah, i've only ever gotten "Good" on the timing analyzer, so was pretty pleased with myself.:awww:

my husband is totally drained from work and then BD "marathon" was about enough to do him in. but i "made" him get one last BD in last night (he hardly had to do any work. please.:roll:) because i knew my temp was likely gonna spike. when i showed him the big temp spike and the High rating he just gave me this pathetically exhausted face and asked, "does this mean i get the night off?" poor guy!:blush::haha:

:rofl: ^^my hubby was the complete opposite last night, he was trying TO have sex! I had to rollover and tell him, "look I already gave you a sample yesterday, I need to you energized tomorrow night", he had the nerves to say "I'll be ready every night, are YOU gonna be ready?" lmao :saywhat: This guy.....

:rofl: ^^my hubby was the complete opposite last night, he was trying TO have sex! I had to rollover and tell him, "look I already gave you a sample yesterday, I need to you energized tomorrow night", he had the nerves to say "I'll be ready every night, are YOU gonna be ready?" lmao :saywhat: This guy.....

oh no, my husband totally TTC trash talks when AF is around:rofl: says the same kind of stuff! then about CD6-10, he wants to go every night but wears himself out by the time it matters! that's what happened last month.:dohh: i tried to say no, but he wasn't having it. and then when AF showed, i said to him, "look, it's not personal, but i WILL turn you down if you try to get frisky too early again!" he pretended to be all dejected and sighed "fiiiine" :haha: he is tired, but surely not actually *upset* by "having" to have sex 3 nights in a row.:haha::blush:

Haha!! I said the same thing on another thread I think. He's all Gung Ho now, but wait until we're 3 or 4 months in, he's gonna be the one pretending to be sleep :sleep:

My hubby does not like the timed sex at all... I think we are going to stick to EOD schedule next cycle if we are out this month...Well, we tried SMEP

Ladies, when speaking with my dr. last week, he was pretty adamant about not waiting til our "fertile window" to BD... He said we should BD EOD throughout the cycle, after AF

Baby dust to everyone!!! Can't wait til we get some BFPs
:dust:
:pink: :blue: :yellow:
:kiss:
:dust:

Love the latest update Jumpingo!!! :happydance: Sending a huge heap of baby dust your way!

Love the hubby conversations, too. Thank goodness I'm only CD6 because darn DH has been so busy at work that he's gone in early & gotten home late just about every day and is asleep almost the second his head hits the pillow. I told him he better get his crap fixed at work and get back to a normal schedule! :haha:

Baby dust, everyone! :dust:

My hubby does not like the timed sex at all... I think we are going to stick to EOD schedule next cycle if we are out this month...Well, we tried SMEP

Ladies, when speaking with my dr. last week, he was pretty adamant about not waiting til our "fertile window" to BD... He said we should BD EOD throughout the cycle, after AF

right, that's pretty much what SMEP recommends too: every other day starting early (CD 8 or 10, roughly) and then just adding one extra day in when you get a positive OPK. and then basically going back to every other day after those 3 days in a row.:thumbup:

my husband is usually in the mood 2 or 3 days in row but too early on. or if we're BDing on even cycle days, when he tries to start anything on an odd day, i'll tell him "save it for tomorrow:winkwink:" but then when the positive OPK shows, i usually have to "make" him get in the mood.:blush:

i would say even if you couldn't manage 3 days in a row, if you consistently hit every other day, you'll be guaranteed to hit 2 of 4 days in your fertile window. so, assuming there are no other fertility issues, you'd probably get pregnant within several months.:shrug: (or am i being too optomistic?:roll:)

That sounds about right Jumpingo. You would still have fresh :spermy: from those days you did BD so you're really like to get pregnant sooner than just doing it once or twice around your O date, which is what I was going to do before my Ob recommended SMEP

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->