All aboard the SMEP train!

Ha Jump, you're so funny. I hope you get into pregnant mode for real soon! Also that is a long walk.

also trying to decide whether to get the early "dating scan" that my OB said i could get if i wanted. and if i do get it, when should i schedule it for.:wacko: OR should i just wait for the "real" appt at 9+3 with the doc when i get to actually see the screen and do it all with my husband.:shrug: or i can just go back into "not pregnant" mode and pretend i don't have to think about ANY of that or make ANY decisions and just hopefully wake up one day and realize the scan is that day!....yeah, nice try, right??:rofl:

What the heck in an early dating scan? Sometimes I go to the first trimester boards and read the threads to see "coming attractions", but I think that's a new one for me. Is that just the super early scan some ladies get where they are looking for a heartbeat? The scan reactions on that board are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Extreme joy, or extreme worry. I'd be going back and forth on the choice too!

I wish the weather was nice enough for 6 mile walks to be pleasant here! Do you have cherry blossoms yet?

also trying to decide whether to get the early "dating scan" that my OB said i could get if i wanted. and if i do get it, when should i schedule it for.:wacko: OR should i just wait for the "real" appt at 9+3 with the doc when i get to actually see the screen and do it all with my husband.:shrug: or i can just go back into "not pregnant" mode and pretend i don't have to think about ANY of that or make ANY decisions and just hopefully wake up one day and realize the scan is that day!....yeah, nice try, right??:rofl:

What the heck in an early dating scan? Sometimes I go to the first trimester boards and read the threads to see "coming attractions", but I think that's a new one for me. Is that just the super early scan some ladies get where they are looking for a heartbeat? The scan reactions on that board are ALL OVER THE PLACE. Extreme joy, or extreme worry. I'd be going back and forth on the choice too!

I wish the weather was nice enough for 6 mile walks to be pleasant here! Do you have cherry blossoms yet?

i don't know if that's what everyone else calls it, but that's what my doc called it. and it might be different since this is a military base...?

this ended up being ridiculously long, so i put it in a spoiler, just so it didn't take up the entire page.:shy:
also, it's probably quite boring, but read if you're interested.:haha:

basically here's how the base hospital works:

1. you get bloodwork (usually around 4-6 weeks, i'm guessing?) to confirm that you're pregnant and get you on record
2. they have you come in around 6 weeks to fill out ALL the paperwork (took an HOUR last time!) and meet with the nurse who answers any questions and gives you the "about your pregnancy and care" book made BY the military.:roll:
3. they schedule you for a "10-14 week appointment" but it seems they schedule it as close to 12 weeks as they can get

so this time, i went in for an unrelated GYN appt for a colposcopy and they do a pregnancy test beforehand to make sure you're not pregnant, but i was! bwhaha, GOTCHA!:haha: so that sort of took the place of #1, even though at some point i do have to go get the official bloodwork because they run other labs too: blood type, blood count, HIV screening, rubella immunity, etc.

i sort of insisted that i would just come in some time to fill in the paperwork in the waiting room and that i didn't need the meeting with the nurse (because i JUST did it a few months ago!) and because no one told me what to expect last time and i thought it was more of any actual appt (um, with a DOCTOR?!:growlmad:) so i had my husband rearrange his work schedule to be there. then we just sat in the waiting room filling out paperwork and it was a waste of his time, and i told them that's how i felt! they tried to claim that the meeting with the nurse is so you can schedule your 12 week appt because the nurse does all the scheduling, but i eventually got that appt made while i was there for the GYN appt, so i can tell you that reasoning is a load of crap!:haha::roll:

that's usually all they do. no early scans, no doppler, no nothin'. but again, i made a fuss and mentioned my anxiety and how i went off base last time because they did nothing for me on base and then even when i was told by the japanese doc to get scanned in a week because there was no heartbeat and needed to get it confirmed, the base refused to see me or help me (i was 8 weeks along at the time and was told, "we can't do anything to help you, just keep your 12 weeks appointment.":shock:) i told the doc ALL of this. how i did not feel like my concerns as a patient were being heard and that even this time i was debating not coming in until 11 weeks and saying, "surprise, i'm pregnant" because i "almost don't want to deal with all of this" ("this" being said while waving my arms to indicate that i meant the entire OBGYN department:roll:) "and yet, i am so nervous and anxious, that i want to know everything is okay and will be a wreck until 12 weeks."

so she said, "alright, here's what we're gonna do. i'll order an early "dating scan" and you can make that appointment with radiology, if you choose. if you decide not to make it/go that's fine too. you can see how you are feeling when the time comes."

then, it turns out there's a training exercise on base for 2 weeks RIGHT around when my 12 week appointment would be and the hospital and all its clinics will be closed. so, since i had already made a fuss, they didn't even dare tell me that i would have to wait until 12w+5d or something, and said i could come in before the 2 week exercise. so the appointment ends up being when i will be 9w+3d. that will be "in house," at the OBGYN clinic, with the doc and they will do an ultrasound and we'll get pictures and all that good stuff.

but the "dating scan" would be done in the radiology department. they don't let the patient see the screen. they just do all the measurements and take screen shots and send that info to the doctor. and they aren't allowed to tell you anything. the radiologist who was called in on the sunday when i went to the emergency room last time told us "don't tell anyone you heard ANY of this from me" and showed us a couple pictures and also confirmed that he couldn't find a heartbeat afterward. sucked to hear, but i was glad someone finally did something to "help" the patient, despite stupid rules.:roll:

the doctor recommended waiting until 8 weeks-ish for the dating scan, just so there was something to see, but if i make it to 8 weeks, seems like i can wait another 10 days for the "actual" appointment where my husband and i can see everything together. you know? or do i try to get the dating scan for 7weeks, and just hope there's something to see?

aaaahhhhhh :wacko:

:help::haha:

and yes, we have cherry blossoms, but they were in full bloom as of monday and it's been windy and supposed to rain today, so doubt they'll be here much longer. was so short this year!:dohh:

I know this has nothing to do with the train lol. Just wondering if anyone has felt this way. Since starting fertility medication I have gain weight also since I had my pacemaker placed in my stomach due to gastroparesis. I know that my body is healthy just struggling with the fact I am at my largest and not even pregnant yet.

i don't know if that's what everyone else calls it, but that's what my doc called it. and it might be different since this is a military base...?

this ended up being ridiculously long, so i put it in a spoiler, just so it didn't take up the entire page.:shy:

1. you get bloodwork (usually around 4-6 weeks, i'm guessing?) to confirm that you're pregnant and get you on record
2. they have you come in around 6 weeks to fill out ALL the paperwork (took an HOUR last time!) and meet with the nurse who answers any questions and gives you the "about your pregnancy and care" book made BY the military.:roll:
3. they schedule you for a "10-14 week appointment" but it seems they schedule it as close to 12 weeks as they can get

so this time, i went in for an unrelated GYN appt for a colposcopy and they do a pregnancy test beforehand to make sure you're not pregnant, but i was! bwhaha, GOTCHA!:haha: so that sort of took the place of #1, even though at some point i do have to go get the official bloodwork because they run other labs too: blood type, blood count, HIV screening, rubella immunity, etc.

i sort of insisted that i would just come in some time to fill in the paperwork in the waiting room and that i didn't need the meeting with the nurse (because i JUST did it a few months ago!) and because no one told me what to expect last time and i thought it was more of any actual appt (um, with a DOCTOR?!:growlmad:) so i had my husband rearrange his work schedule to be there. then we just sat in the waiting room filling out paperwork and it was a waste of his time, and i told them that's how i felt! they tried to claim that the meeting with the nurse is so you can schedule your 12 week appt because the nurse does all the scheduling, but i eventually got that appt made while i was there for the GYN appt, so i can tell you that reasoning is a load of crap!:haha::roll:

that's usually all they do. no early scans, no doppler, no nothin'. but again, i made a fuss and mentioned my anxiety and how i went off base last time because they did nothing for me on base and then even when i was told by the japanese doc to get scanned in a week because there was no heartbeat and needed to get it confirmed, the base refused to see me or help me (i was 8 weeks along at the time and was told, "we can't do anything to help you, just keep your 12 weeks appointment.":shock:) i told the doc ALL of this. how i did not feel like my concerns as a patient were being heard and that even this time i was debating not coming in until 11 weeks and saying, "surprise, i'm pregnant" because i "almost don't want to deal with all of this" ("this" being said while waving my arms to indicate that i meant the entire OBGYN department:roll:) "and yet, i am so nervous and anxious, that i want to know everything is okay and will be a wreck until 12 weeks."

so she said, "alright, here's what we're gonna do. i'll order an early "dating scan" and you can make that appointment with radiology, if you choose. if you decide not to make it/go that's fine too. you can see how you are feeling when the time comes."

then, it turns out there's a training exercise on base for 2 weeks RIGHT around when my 12 week appointment would be and the hospital and all its clinics will be closed. so, since i had already made a fuss, they didn't even dare tell me that i would have to wait until 12w+5d or something, and said i could come in before the 2 week exercise. so the appointment ends up being when i will be 9w+3d. that will be "in house," at the OBGYN clinic, with the doc and they will do an ultrasound and we'll get pictures and all that good stuff.

but the "dating scan" would be done in the radiology department. they don't let the patient see the screen. they just do all the measurements and take screen shots and send that info to the doctor. and they aren't allowed to tell you anything. the radiologist who was called in on the sunday when i went to the emergency room last time told us "don't tell anyone you heard ANY of this from me" and showed us a couple pictures and also confirmed that he couldn't find a heartbeat afterward. sucked to hear, but i was glad someone finally did something to "help" the patient, despite stupid rules.:roll:

the doctor recommended waiting until 8 weeks-ish for the dating scan, just so there was something to see, but if i make it to 8 weeks, seems like i can wait another 10 days for the "actual" appointment where my husband and i can see everything together. you know? or do i try to get the dating scan for 7weeks, and just hope there's something to see?

and yes, we have cherry blossoms, but they were in full bloom as of monday and it's been windy and supposed to rain today, so doubt they'll be here much longer. was so short this year!:dohh:

That sounds so frustrating especially since you just went through all that just a short time ago.

So 5 DPO and I know it's just my hormones but I'm soooooo hungry and tired! No sore boobs yet and my acne I get around O is fading. Does anyone else break out around O time instead of on their period?

WELL. These are the stories that contribute to my overall feeling that the medical profession is a bunch of unhelpful quacks. As a normal human being, you should not have to fight so hard to get good treatment, ESPECIALLY when that treatment is provided as a result of your service to our country.

If I were you, I'd take the scan. But I would take the scan because you DESERVE the scan. You deserved it the LAST time. Which is probably not the most helpful reasoning about why you should have it. I totally get the rational arguments against doing it, since they're not going to let you look (although perhaps you could cajole?) and your regularly scheduled scan would be shortly thereafter and DH wouldn't be able to go with you the first time...

...I'd do it anyways. :growlmad:

I know that you've had a rough few weeks though, so you should probably think about your heart before deciding. Will you be OK going alone? Will you be OK with THEM knowing if everything is OK without YOU knowing? How quickly will they call you with the results? I've connected with a few other ladies working on their rainbow babies, and the commonality appears to be a desire to "pretend" to not be pregnant for awhile as a way to cope with the fear of loss. You sometimes ...exhibit... the same characteristic. Would you prefer to wait longer for the scan for that reason? Because, honestly, you should probably make you decision based on what YOU need and not because some crazy internet lady thinks you should sign up for ALL THE SCANS EVER to prove some sort of cosmic point...

...although I would. :trouble:

Hi everyone

Unfortunately my beautiful:bfp: in Feb wasn't meant to be. I may be back on the SMEP train next month if myself and DH are ready to try again. I have just had a second MC (8+3) :cry: I had a D&C on Saturday and am recovering very well physically, no pain at all. Emotionally it will take time. SMEP worked for me last time and I know that it will do again! Hoping that bean number 3 is a sticky one for us!

Really hope everyone gets a :bfp: soon or has got a :bfp: since I was last on this thread.

xx

oh Trying...:cry::cry::cry: take all the time you need.:hugs:
we'll be here if you want to hang around or whenever you come back to us!:hugs:

Katie, i decided to book the scan after some spotting after working out last night and feeling nauseous and crampy this morning. i just need to know either way now, i think. thanks for your thoughts on the whole crazy sitiation (and actually reading all that!!:wacko:) but i did love your "you should probably make you decision based on what YOU need and not because some crazy internet lady thinks you should sign up for ALL THE SCANS EVER to prove some sort of cosmic point...":rofl::thumbup:

so, the scan is next wednesday.:coffee::wacko: i will try to convince the tech to give me a tiny peak or at least just confirm if there was a heartbeat or not. otheriwse, i'm not sure if they call and give results or what; i guess i could just bug the OB department until they tell me what the results were?:shrug::haha: and i don't think my husband can duck out of work for it (even though it's RIGHT down the hall) so will have to be brave.:bodyb::dohh:

Trying4first1 :hugs: So sorry to hear about your loss. This train is chugging along so jump on borad when ever you are ready.

AFM: I swear i posted this before, but I can't find it anywhere. Anywho, Jump can you please move me to May (yuck)? The :witch: is here!

AFM: I swear i posted this before, but I can't find it anywhere. Anywho, Jump can you please move me to May (yuck)? The :witch: is here!

Ah, BOO! Sorry about that Tankel! I am feeling distinctly unpregnant today (which just means I don't feel any different than I've felt before since I've never actually BEEN pregnant and therefore have nothing to compare it to.) so I imagine I'll be joining you for May shortly. Currently 6DPO. :coffee:

so, the scan is next wednesday.:coffee::wacko: i will try to convince the tech to give me a tiny peak or at least just confirm if there was a heartbeat or not. otheriwse, i'm not sure if they call and give results or what; i guess i could just bug the OB department until they tell me what the results were?:shrug::haha: and i don't think my husband can duck out of work for it (even though it's RIGHT down the hall) so will have to be brave.:bodyb::dohh:

Well, you KNOW I approve of your decision. :thumbup: Fx for you, and your bean! Be gentle to your body, lady!

Start practicing your sweet talking now. :winkwink:

Hi everyone

Unfortunately my beautiful:bfp: in Feb wasn't meant to be. I may be back on the SMEP train next month if myself and DH are ready to try again. I have just had a second MC (8+3) :cry: I had a D&C on Saturday and am recovering very well physically, no pain at all. Emotionally it will take time. SMEP worked for me last time and I know that it will do again! Hoping that bean number 3 is a sticky one for us!

Really hope everyone gets a :bfp: soon or has got a :bfp: since I was last on this thread.

xx

Aww, Trying.:hugs: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. AND about your D&C. Please take good care of yourself! We are here for you when you are ready.

Katie. I hope you don't join me :haha: 6 dpo is still early. Those preggo symptoms could come at any moment :coffee: we need another :bfp: around here! I've been pregnant once, but I don't know if I am going to feel pregnant with the next one. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to tell. :haha:

Taking a break from TTC for a few months - I have a septate uterus and will be having surgery to have it removed which they say you need to wait 2 cycles before TTC after the surgery to heal. Oh boy! :p

Trying4first1 :hugs: So sorry to hear about your loss. This train is chugging along so jump on borad when ever you are ready.

may?? not april? you are still gonna SMEP in april, right? but would end up testing in may, i guess? anyway, just double checking...:dohh:

Well, you KNOW I approve of your decision. :thumbup: Fx for you, and your bean! Be gentle to your body, lady!

Start practicing your sweet talking now. :winkwink:
am gonna go to my gym class this morning and go super easy. i just need to get my body moving, otherwise i will lay in bed ALL day.:dohh:

What is everyones SMEP? I don't know what to post lol
my last cycle i was a horrible SMEPer and we only had sex 4 times (and only finished 3 of those!:blush:) all during my fertile window and just got lucky!:shock: but i am pretty sure most people are attempting to get as close to this plan (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) as possible...:shrug:

Taking a break from TTC for a few months - I have a septate uterus and will be having surgery to have it removed which they say you need to wait 2 cycles before TTC after the surgery to heal. Oh boy! :p
oh DandJ, i'm sorry to hear about the delay. please rest up and take care of yourself!! good luck and we'll see you on the other side with just one uterus, right??:winkwink:

Just waiting around as well. 7DPO. I've had soreness yesterday like the kind you get during an annual exam after they scrape a cotton swab around inside you, and pressure like AF is coming. Last cycle AF came at 9DPO, but I'm taking that Vitex this cycle, and I'm really hoping that works for me. I mean, it mived ovulation up by 10 days, so that had BETTER mean a longer LP, right??

Yep May. I am still on the SMEP for April, but my cycles are so long, that my next AF won't be due until Mother's Day. I'm okay with that if I get a :bfp: on that day. Wouldn't that be nice!

9DPO. This waiting game sucks. 6 days until testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->