All aboard the SMEP train!

Can I just hop on and be whiny? Sorry I haven't been on lately to cheer everyone else on. :/

My doctor is really on me to lose weight. I could definitely stand to lose 30-40lbs. If we're talking ideals, I'd LOVE to lose about 50. But even so....I'm VERY healthy. I work out every day and I eat well. I just love to snack and I drink wine.

Anyhow...we have a follow up today and I'm DREADING seeing her. I've actually gained weight since I've started seeing her and I'm really dreading that conversation again. Especially since it's infront of my husband. :(

Can I just hop on and be whiny? Sorry I haven't been on lately to cheer everyone else on. :/

My doctor is really on me to lose weight. I could definitely stand to lose 30-40lbs. If we're talking ideals, I'd LOVE to lose about 50. But even so....I'm VERY healthy. I work out every day and I eat well. I just love to snack and I drink wine.

Anyhow...we have a follow up today and I'm DREADING seeing her. I've actually gained weight since I've started seeing her and I'm really dreading that conversation again. Especially since it's infront of my husband. :(

i would say you don't have to give up snacks and wine, but the math has to add up, you know? using the app LoseIt! helped open my eyes to how many calories things actually had:shock: and i didn't want to give up certain things, so i just had to start "budgeting" for them. if i wanted that cupcake, then i needed to do x minutes on the elliptical (often times it wasn't worth it!:haha:) or if i had "extra calories" left at the end of the day, then i was allowed to have a beer at the end of the day.:happydance:

if you are already eating healthy, then maybe you need to try something different in terms of working out?:shrug:

either way, it sucks that you dread going to the doctor - they are supposed to be on our team.:gun: but i also know that once my husband finally got on board to eat healthier (we weren't eating well AT ALL at the time and i was trying be better but he would just sit there with his 2nd or 3rd beer:roll:) and we started doing easy cardio and weight lifting on the weekends together, and we started feeling a lot better and he lost 10 pounds in about 2 months! i only lost a couple, but got a lot stronger and felt better. would getting your husband to do something with you help? or are you just not interested in doing it at all? (that's also a totally valid feeling:hugs:)

just throwing out ideas but hope it doesn't come across as pushy or anything.:nope: i am just currently addicted to my gym class and am getting sad that my body has been saying "slow down" lately. i also may be living vicariously through people who can go out and do an awesome workout right now.:haha:

Hey ladies, I just wanted to confirm that I'm going to make it for April SMEP train! choo choo! I was a little nervous, but I'm finally cd 1 on my first post mc cycle. So I'm ordering my opks and getting my smep schedule ready. Woohoo!

Hey ladies, I just wanted to confirm that I'm going to make it for April SMEP train! choo choo! I was a little nervous, but I'm finally cd 1 on my first post mc cycle. So I'm ordering my opks and getting my smep schedule ready. Woohoo!

woohoo!:happydance:

this thread is well overdue for some good luck and some sticky bfps...positive thoughts, positive thoughts:wacko:

I about to hope on board again...cd 6 and af is still going strong. But the second she leaves, you better believe that I'll be driving this train.

10 DPO. Really sore booby's and exhausted. But that just could be from AF on her way. Technically my period is due Saturday. But I ovulated late so FF is giving me Tuesday as a testing date. Hopefully I can wait till then! The only reason I would want it to be a BFN would be for insurance reasons. DH just quit his job and next Friday will be his last day. Since I'm under 26 I'm covered on my parents insurance. But the baby wouldn't be. It would make it so that my husband would have to get a job very quickly. Or the baby might not get health insurance. Or we would have to pull out a very expensive plan until DH gets the new job.

Almost testing time! I've now reached 9DPO which was as far as I got before AF showed up last cycle. No signs of her yet! :gun: If she hasn't shown up by Monday, I'll try testing.

I might do NTNP next month if this cycle doesn't work out. It's only our 4th trying, but it's pretty intense and I think we could use a month of :sex: for the sake of :sex: and not to try and get pregnant. Also, I think it might be stressing me out more than I realize? Last cycle around this time I got Shingles, and as of yesterday I've contracted some sort of cold/flu thing. Maybe my body is telling me to chill out! :blush:

So guys I felt really off all week. Came home and took a internet cheapie and thought I got an evap. so retested with a FRER and got a :bfp: :headspin::dance::yipee: at 11 DPO. I attached the pic. A little nervous since DH just quit his job :huh: but it should all work out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 10
kksquared, congrats!!!!:yipee: (can i go ahead and put it on the front page?)

amy, so you need one of these guys :coffee: too!:haha:

Yes ma'am! Hubby still has some left in him... truly amazing.

Thank you Tankel, Jump and KatieMK for you kind words :hugs:

Me and DH have decided to try again right away after AF arrives so I am hoping to join the SMEP train in May at some point :happydance: Its only been 9 days since my D&C and I am having more good days than bad at the moment which is great.
I am off to my doctors on Friday to see if there is anything I can do to help for next time. They probably won't as they like to wait until you have had 3 MC. But the sonographer said its worth a shot as it may be something very simple which is stopping me from carrying a baby. I won't hold my breath but at least i have then tried.
I just feel like if I get pregnant again and miscarry then I am just doing it for the sake of getting treatment whereas it could have been prevented in the first place, if that makes sense!?
Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats to KKsquared!!!! :happydance:

xx

Hey there Jump! Good luck on the scan today! Let us know how it goes. (why don't they have a fingers crossed emoji on here??)

Have fun SMEPing Tankel. :winkwink:

AFM: I took an FRER on Sunday at 11DPO and BFN. No signs of AF yet at 15DPO. I guess if she doesn't show by tomorrow, I'll test again? Statistically, the BFN I got on Sunday should be accurate and not a false negative. The explanation I'm creating for what's going on is that the Vitex bumped up my O, but that my overall cycle will probably be about the same? 29/30 days or so. That would mean AF would show Sunday or Monday and my LP would be 18/19 days. :huh: We'll see! It's like I'm a SCIENCE PROJECT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->