All aboard the SMEP train!

Day 1 of SMEPing here! I'm so annoyed though, I decided to start with the opks today (cd8) just bc this is the first cycle post mc and I don't know if I may ov early or later or right on time. I had ordered the CB Advanced digi opk from amazon and when I took the first test this morning, I got the error msg of death that indicates that the testing stick is bad. So I had to call CB and they are sending me a new one out tomorrow, but I don't think it will make it in time for ov and I'm not going out to buy another since it's on it's way. So I guess my first month if SMEPing will be improvised a bit, oh well. Fingers crossed anyway.

Hey there Jump! Good luck on the scan today! Let us know how it goes. (why don't they have a fingers crossed emoji on here??)

scan was on wednesday and it went well! baby was measuring 6w+5d, which is 3 days ahead of LMP dates, but exactly what FF predicted, based on ovulation. and i saw the heart beating.:mrgreen:<3

had a mini panic last night, for some reason. maybe all those hormones that they warn you about are finally surfacing?:haha: i've been pretty unemotional, oddly. i usually cry at the drop of a hat, but nothing for weeks, until last night!:shrug: but it reminded me that i need to pretend as best i can (all the while being hopeful) and not think too much. babyjump only ever measured 7w2d, so in my head that's sort of a major milestone, but i won't know if baby baymax makes it past that until my appointment on...may 7th.:dohh: it's hard to pretend when you feel like you're stuck in a car on a mountain road and so nauseous all day:roll: but MUST FIND DISTRACTIONS!:haha: and, really, it helps me to believe that baymax is getting nice and strong and growing, so it'll be worth it. (am i convincing anyone??:haha:)

Dandi that is the pits. Hope it all works out.

I'm riding this train. Starting today, I am going to TRY (and it's a big try) to take opks twice a day. Once at 12:30 and another around 5 or 6. I hate holding! I hate not being able to drink water. I hate opks. I just want to be preggo already!

scan was on wednesday and it went well! baby was measuring 6w+5d, which is 3 days ahead of LMP dates, but exactly what FF predicted, based on ovulation. and i saw the heart beating.:mrgreen:<3

had a mini panic last night, for some reason. maybe all those hormones that they warn you about are finally surfacing?:haha: i've been pretty unemotional, oddly. i usually cry at the drop of a hat, but nothing for weeks, until last night!:shrug: but it reminded me that i need to pretend as best i can (all the while being hopeful) and not think too much. babyjump only ever measured 7w2d, so in my head that's sort of a major milestone, but i won't know if baby baymax makes it past that until my appointment on...may 7th.:dohh: it's hard to pretend when you feel like you're stuck in a car on a mountain road and so nauseous all day:roll: but MUST FIND DISTRACTIONS!:haha: and, really, it helps me to believe that baymax is getting nice and strong and growing, so it'll be worth it. (am i convincing anyone??:haha:)

I got impatient for a report so I snuck over to your journal yesterday. :wacko: Hooray!!! This is GREAT news! And I just KNEW you'd talk the tech into giving you more information than "allowed"! :happydance:

And you're certainly convincing ME, but I'm way less important to convince than YOU. But I am onboard with being quietly optimistic until your next appointment which is NOT FAR. I think "quietly optimistic" pretty much describes most ladies in their first trimester, so you're in good company!

And you're certainly convincing ME, but I'm way less important to convince than YOU. But I am onboard with being quietly optimistic until your next appointment which is NOT FAR. I think "quietly optimistic" pretty much describes most ladies in their first trimester, so you're in good company!

What She Said!

Just made it home from vacation. Think I am out this month, had slight spotting this am. I am going to test in am. Hope all is well.

oooh, where'd you go on vacation??

i have been a major slacker in the BnB world lately...i scroll through on my phone but usually after a few scrolls, i have to go back to something that doesn't make the nausea worse.:dohh:

how's SMEP going for everyone?? any updates i need to make to the front page? just yell at me til i do it!:haha:

Almost in my TWW. The DH and I were totally awful at SMEP this time with only 2 BD sessions; but it only takes one!

Cd 12 here and DH is already tired, lol. We've had really rainy weather here for over a week and it effects his back injury, so I'm hoping he can rally. I haven't told him about the 3 days in a row part yet.

I thought I wasn't going to be able to o test since the CB digital opk was broken, but I found 3 random leftover opks from when I was using them last year, so I've been able to test each morning and used the last one today. I'm hoping my replacement CB digi is delivered today! If not, I'm going to suck it up and go buy the smallest, cheapest opk I can at the drug store just to get me through. I really hate to spend that money when the other is coming, but I just want to do this month by the book and I'm going to the store to buy pre-seed anyway. I'm really not hopeful for this month, but it just feels so good to be trying again... like I've regained some control.

Almost in my TWW. The DH and I were totally awful at SMEP this time with only 2 BD sessions; but it only takes one!

we didn't do anything that even remotely looked like a SMEP schedule the month i got pregnant this time. it does just take one!:winkwink:

Cd 12 here and DH is already tired, lol. We've had really rainy weather here for over a week and it effects his back injury, so I'm hoping he can rally. I haven't told him about the 3 days in a row part yet.

I thought I wasn't going to be able to o test since the CB digital opk was broken, but I found 3 random leftover opks from when I was using them last year, so I've been able to test each morning and used the last one today. I'm hoping my replacement CB digi is delivered today! If not, I'm going to suck it up and go buy the smallest, cheapest opk I can at the drug store just to get me through. I really hate to spend that money when the other is coming, but I just want to do this month by the book and I'm going to the store to buy pre-seed anyway. I'm really not hopeful for this month, but it just feels so good to be trying again... like I've regained some control.
i mean, if you're at the store ANYway...:winkwink: (yes, i am horrible:haha:) good luck!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm in my TWW. Just waiting for FF to confirm.

Good luck Dandi! Choo choo!

AF showed up for me yesterday morning, right on the same timeline as my previous cycles (CD30). So, looks like the vitex supplements have fixed my LP issue (18 days!!), and my cycles have settled on a length. This time around I'm going to take things easy and not track or SMEP and see how DH and I feel about things after. So, jump, you can put me down as a "cheerleader"! :yipee:

Good luck Dandi! Choo choo!

AF showed up for me yesterday morning, right on the same timeline as my previous cycles (CD30). So, looks like the vitex supplements have fixed my LP issue (18 days!!), and my cycles have settled on a length. This time around I'm going to take things easy and not track or SMEP and see how DH and I feel about things after. So, jump, you can put me down as a "cheerleader"! :yipee:

sucks that AF showed, but that's great news about the longer LP!!:thumbup: enjoy your relaxed cycle!:flower:

I am in the TWW, if it doesnt happen this month we will be SMEP next month. I will be temping as well... wish me luck :)

I didn't end up buying more opks, because they didn't have a small package and I just couldn't justify spending $30 on more when I've already spent a fortune. I thought for sure my replacement CB digi would have arrived yesterday, but no such luck. If it's not here today, I'm going to call ClearBlue again and raise all hell demanding a refund! They obviously don't understand their demographic for opks and the fact that it's time sensitive, lol. So, this month we will have to wing it a bit, but we're sticking to plan as much as possible. I think I'm going to start the 3-day marathon today based on cm. I have to say that I love SMEP. It's making me feel like I've taken the bull by the horns and am doing all I can to make a bfp possible.

I like that feeling too, Dandi. Too bad your CB digi didn't arrive yet. BOO!!

AF showed up today and given I have a 24-25 day cycle I will start bding from CD6 and testing from CD8. Any cycle buddies ?

I just read up on SMEP today and my DH and I are going to give it a go! We have been TTC a total of 8 cycles. We usually BD like crazy around the time of ovulation just to cover all bases, I usually test starting around CD14 and ovulate around CD16. This month I am also starting to temp :) hoping for the best for all of us this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->