All aboard the SMEP train!

Got another negative at 10 DPO this morning and cried. I am a very logical person and I know that it is most likely to early to get a BFP but it still breaks my heart. AF would be due on the 7th, so I might just need to be more patient.

:hugs: it's heartbreaking at any point, in my mind. hang in there!! still have a quite a few more days until AF is even due. fingers crossed for you!!!

Sorry to hear jumpingo! Hope October is the month for you! :hugs:

Alchemy, definitely not out yet, but I know it's so hard to feel encouraged when seeing those raging blank tests any time tested.

As for me, I'm currently at 10DPO. I ate pineapple core until 7DPO. I have managed to stay away from the tests this month so far (the last couple of months not doing so were just too painful for me. I'm sensitive lol) but my willpower is running thin. I have a typically 15 day lp, though, so still 5 more days to go if AF chooses to rear her ugly head. Today, since last night, suffering from a migraine, so as painful as it may be, it has distracted me from TTC stress. :shrug:

impressive!! i cave by 8dpo, even though i KNOW it's way too early:blush: more power to you for waiting! i wouldn't say that makes you sensitive - sounds pretty normal to me.:thumbup: hope it's a BFP for you this month!!

CD8 today. Wish me luck...I hope I actually get a positive opk this time!

2 day remembering to temp! Whohoo I'm on a roll! Will start testing with opks tomorrow and hopefully will find out if my temps match up! Fx!

Good luck everyone :) x

I had these weird, pinching pains in my uterus yeserday. I wonder if there is such a thing as implantation pain. 11 DPO today and still a BFN but those twinges ar giving me hope that I might get a positive this weekend.

Hi Girls!!!
My husband has the "it will happen when it happens" attitude about ttc...
We talked about the SMEP plan last night a little...and his response was "sure, we can do it 3 day in a row if I'm not too tired/stressed/blah blah blah from work. Why isn't EOD good enough!" Not the response I was looking for, but then he went on to say maybe we should try mornings, bc in Cali it's been btwn 90-100 degrees everyday and morning sperm might be cooler? And he giggled about the softcup or hip raise idea, but agreed it made sense, and wanted to try. ( I hardly ever talk to him about my ttc plans, bc I try to keep things romantic)
My DH doesn't want ttc pressure, he enjoys making luv, but I understand the delicate nature of getting the timing right!!! How to find the middle ground?

Sorry for the long preface , but girls, my question is:
Any suggestions on how to make "love" enjoyable and no pressure during the 3 days in a row on SMEP? And possibly how to make morning deeds romantic and not feel like routine?

Hi Girls!!!
My husband has the "it will happen when it happens" attitude about ttc...
We talked about the SMEP plan last night a little...and his response was "sure, we can do it 3 day in a row if I'm not too tired/stressed/blah blah blah from work. Why isn't EOD good enough!" Not the response I was looking for, but then he went on to say maybe we should try mornings, bc in Cali it's been btwn 90-100 degrees everyday and morning sperm might be cooler? And he giggled about the softcup or hip raise idea, but agreed it made sense, and wanted to try. ( I hardly ever talk to him about my ttc plans, bc I try to keep things romantic)
My DH doesn't want ttc pressure, he enjoys making luv, but I understand the delicate nature of getting the timing right!!! How to find the middle ground?

Sorry for the long preface , but girls, my question is:
Any suggestions on how to make "love" enjoyable and no pressure during the 3 days in a row on SMEP? And possibly how to make morning deeds romantic and not feel like routine?

i'm not sure i have much advice because my husband and i talk about "the plan" more than some people (or maybe not? i have no idea:dohh:) but i explained SMEP last month and he was totally trash talking and acting like he was gonna bring his A game in the bedroom, etc etc.:rofl: but when it got to be go week, he actually got burnt out because we had sex 2 days in a row right before getting my positive OPK, so it was too much too early.:dohh::blush: i (sort of) jokingly scolded him for getting too frisky too early and that if we had another cycle, i would turn him down if it was too early, nothing personal:shy: and he said "fiiine:roll:"

about a week later we were talking about TTC and he told me that there WAS a bit of "performance anxiety/pressure" when he knows that it matters so much. but, i think that's one advantage of SMEP--you're already having sex every other day, so it's at least a LITTLE bit less like you are just using them for sex during a 5 day window:blush: and if you miss a day in the 3-in-a-row, you still will have hit 2 days in your fertile window, so still have a chance.

AF showed the other day, so yesterday (still only CD2) i reminded him that i was gonna follow the schedule this month. if it was too early for sex, sorry but i WILL turn down any advances. he said, "what if i don't make any moves on 'good' days?" and i said, "then i will:winkwink:" and he laughed. i guess my only real advice is to just find out/figure out what turns him on, and do that :winkwink: regardless. i will admit to using "tricks" even when i'm not THAT into it. i'll play the part if i have to.:blush: probably not good if it's like that every time, but for the fertile window week, i'm totally guilty.:blush:

not sure if this helps, or not, sorry:dohh:

12 DPO, BFN yet again. I am so sure I am pregnant that if it turns out I'm not I am going to be questioning myself on everything.

Has anyone used the Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPKs?

I'm CD11 today and it showed "high" fertility today. It apparently shows "high" and then "peak" for your 2 most fertile days (when you actually ovulate)....so I'm assuming we still BD EOD until we get a "peak" result....is that what you all would do?

I'm so excited! I've never had any indication of ovulating before so the fact that this test says high is very very exciting!

Has anyone used the Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPKs?

I'm CD11 today and it showed "high" fertility today. It apparently shows "high" and then "peak" for your 2 most fertile days (when you actually ovulate)....so I'm assuming we still BD EOD until we get a "peak" result....is that what you all would do?

I'm so excited! I've never had any indication of ovulating before so the fact that this test says high is very very exciting!

i've never used them, but i would say BD as much as possible.:blush:
if you risk getting worn out before getting a peak reading, then every other day until a peak might be good, but if not, then what are you waiting for? get busy!:haha:

Lol! We wear out pretty quickly.....BUT we don't have a lot going on this week and we are determined, so........! ! ! !

Ok wait....I just reread the instructions and the result I got was Peak according to this. So weird! Yesterday was NO and today is Peak?

I'm so confused! This is the one that said to use FMU, even though everything else says to test NOT using FMU.

i guess the best you can do is follow the directions that come with the test:shrug: and hope for the best!:flow:

good luck!!!

You're right. Sorry to be crazy LOL

oh NO need to apologize! i resisted saying something (again) about just BDing like crazy...:dohh::haha:

i am having a bad day and trying to make myself laugh, hopefully someone else can half-appreciate my lame attempts:winkwink:

You're right. Sorry to be crazy LOL

oh NO need to apologize! i resisted saying something (again) about just BDing like crazy...:dohh::haha:

i am having a bad day and trying to make myself laugh, hopefully someone else can half-appreciate my lame attempts:winkwink:

LOL I think you're on the right track...I think we just have to get it done. haha

I hope you have a better day today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->