All these riots everywhere!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14500869

I hope they catch who did it.

RIP a very brave man.

This morning's news actually made me cry. That poor man, he was just trying to put out a fire, while the police looked on :cry:

I woke up at 2am and I see this. :cry: poor bloke. I hope they find they scum who did this!

He didn't even get his loved ones around him because the thugs stole his wallet and phone so he was left unidentifiable until yesterday - but they were still trying to find a next of kin. It's so sad.

Chelsea Ives - Olympic Ambassador arrested for throwing bricks at the police :wacko: wtf! Honestly, what an idiot.

The youngest person to be prosecuted in Notts is an 11 year old girl. :wacko:

RIP that poor man x

Thats awful :cry: I remember reading about him in the paper and praying he'd pull through.

So much for the riots being about opportunities and how they're all hard done by :growlmad: they're beating OAPS, disgusting :nope: I can't imagine how his poor family must be feeling. I hope to god these people are caught and locked up - with a decent sentence.

^ Think people are just using the rioting as an oppurtunity to be violent tbh. Like the shooting I think was someone who just wanted to murder him and not really connected to the riots IYKWIM? Same with the 3 men who were ran over, i think more likely than not it was a racist who thought he could get away with it cos of the riots.

R.I.P to all those who sadly and tragically died in these riots and may the selfish people connected with there deaths and the whole situation overall, feel the punishments hard!

They have arrested someone in connection with his death apparently. Lets hope he is punished to the full extent!!

:cry: RIP to that man, and all the others who have died because of the riots.

I am not at all a conservative, but I think it is a bit unfair to place all the blame on the government and this one year they have been in power. IMO it has taken a long time for it to get to this stage, I think probably the 70's is when the decline began and it has been a gardual process since then, riots like this are not a new thing but it is just the first time that the rioters have had social networking, and even the first time mobile phones were used, enabling them to organise themselves in a way not previously possible.

Agree with the people saying taking their benefits wont help, a lot of them are genuinely angry at the system (I dont know if this anger is displaced or what, but it is there) and so taking benefits will only increase that anger.

The 11 year old boy who stole the bin was only convincted of another crime last week, and for a 11 year old boy to be convincted of anything, you can bet there are plenty more incidents before that :nope:

As for the politicians blaming the police, if they went into hard and it flared up then they would of blamed the police, too soft and it is the police's fault, they couldnt win IMO. Plus there are NO guidelines for the police as to what is reasonable force, how are they meant to know what they can and cant do?

:cry: RIP to that man, and all the others who have died because of the riots.

I am not at all a conservative, but I think it is a bit unfair to place all the blame on the government and this one year they have been in power. IMO it has taken a long time for it to get to this stage, I think probably the 70's is when the decline began and it has been a gardual process since then, riots like this are not a new thing but it is just the first time that the rioters have had social networking, and even the first time mobile phones were used, enabling them to organise themselves in a way not previously possible.

Agree with the people saying taking their benefits wont help, a lot of them are genuinely angry at the system (I dont know if this anger is displaced or what, but it is there) and so taking benefits will only increase that anger.

The 11 year old boy who stole the bin was only convincted of another crime last week, and for a 11 year old boy to be convincted of anything, you can bet there are plenty more incidents before that :nope:

As for the politicians blaming the police, if they went into hard and it flared up then they would of blamed the police, too soft and it is the police's fault, they couldnt win IMO. Plus there are NO guidelines for the police as to what is reasonable force, how are they meant to know what they can and cant do?

Yes I totally agree with you.

BBC news just reported 1825 arrests so far and over 700 charged! :thumbup:

I heard a story earlier which has really upset me. A woman (not sure how old, could have been a teenage girl) apparently stabbed a policeman with a broken bottle because he was in her way during the riots. The policeman had begged her not to, telling her he had a little girl but she still did it :cry: I wondered if anyone knew about this and whether the policeman had survived (if it is not just a rumour). I really hope he is still alive. Does anyone know?

on the news it said there were no police fatalities
so if it's true he hasn't died :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->