All you baby wearers....

i had a hawk.. DH carried Rhys in it intil he was 2.. BUT rhys only weighs 22lb

i loved it, i had that as my first carrier, i then bought 2 mei tais and a pink non branded wrap, 2 pouch slings and eventually 2 moby wraps.

ok.. im an addict maybe.... :blush:

We have our first Baby Wearing addict!!!!!!! :thumbup: You're the Jacqui of baby wearing, he he!!!!!

So you're the person in the know then!! :thumbup:

x

......just thought, that doesn't actually tell me which is the best to go for :dohh:

yeah ive been baby wearing since day 1 :thumbup: ive tried nearly every type of carrier/sling/wrap and the ones i havent tried my friend has :rofl:

Right ok then..... these are my requirements....

* Front & Rear Facing (worn on front)
* Max Weight heavy as LO already weighs 23lbs
* Easy to use

I think that's it really! I thought there was more to my list!!!! Oh yeah, I need it quick as my pushchair is for sale AGAIN! And it ends on ebay tomorrow! I didn't tell you, I'm a pushchair addict :blush:

ok for wearing 'front facing' on the front i would say a moby is better.. i always kind of struggled with rhys forward facing in the soft carriers (mei tais/babyhawks) as the top rounded bit had to be bent down and arghh it just p*ssed me off sometimes when i wouldnt stay in the right position. plus rhys' legs seemed to be in a bit of a funny position. whereas front facing in the moby is easy as pie :thumbup:

for weight i think the soft carriers (mei tai and babyhawk) are better.. ive noticed when ffion is in the moby sometimes it can start to sag under the weight and needs readjusting. admitedly the soft carriers do this too but they are WAY easier to adjust whilst baby is still actually in the carrier. much less hastle.

for ease of use im gonna have to say soft carriers too. the wraps are a little bit of a faff when you first get them and youre trying to figure out how to put it on etc. it takes me roughly 2mins to put on a wrap (before putting baby in) but it takes me 30seconds to put the soft carrier on. may not sound like a big time difference but it is when youre rushing to get out the door :thumbup:

for comfort (baby AND mum) i would say a wrap definetly.. its soooo comfy to wear.. ffion just passes out as soon as i put her in :rofl:

i know ive prob left you all confused. i think personally.. as a first time baby wearer you may get on with a soft carrier better :blush:

Oh - I knew you'd end up giving me the pro's and con's of both!! Which is what I needed :thumbup: but i'm so indecisive :dohh:

Off again for another look................!

how about you buy both and the one you like the least i will buy from you :thumbup:

But what if I like the Hawk, then you'd end up with two Moby's?

x

pmsl.. i already have 2 mobys... :rofl: i have 2 kids dont forget.. and i like to swap and change colours!

pmsl.. i already have 2 mobys... :rofl: i have 2 kids dont forget.. and i like to swap and change colours!

:rofl: So just in case...what is the other colour you have? I quite fancy the turquoise UV one...nice for summer? And what colours do you have in the Moby?

x

i have black Moby and i have a red MobyD which is red with a stripy panel across the front

https://www.sobebabies.com/shop/images/attributes/moby-d-wrap-carrier-stripe-red-swatch.jpg

Ok, I was thinking chocolate or turquoise! Anyway hun - it's a lovely gesture but I wouldn't expect you to do that....thank you though, it's very kind!

Just off to bath Deri - brb! x

youd just be feeding my addiction :D

if you do buy one and dont like it i will buy it off you! i love the look of the turqoise one!

Ffion and daisy look so comfy!!!! I seriously could never get my wrap right, I didn't understand the stupid thing, I got really frustrated lol. But they do look so comfy. I have the BH and I LOVE it!!!! I think my favorite thing is that I can put him on my back, it's really easy to carry him there and I can get so much done that way

This is a concern of mine Mo3 but until you try, you don't know!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->