Allergic Reaction

Mom2Hope

Reaction score
So as a child I never had this, but some where in my adult life I have developed an allergy to ant bites...I have been bitten 2 times in the last year before becoming pregnant and the reaction would cause me to have difficulty breathing...tingly lips and tongue...and itch from head to toe and become slightly disoriented...I would take Benadryl and be watched closely and within about 2 hrs the symptoms would ease and I would be ok...

I have been very careful not to be bitten since finding out I am pregnant...but today I was bitten...one bite on a toe...I was at walmart so quickly bought some Benadryl and took it in hopes it would counteract negative reactions since I got it in my system so fast...I itched from head to toe and my lips and tongue got tingly...but I did not get the labored breathing or the disorientation feeling...it worried me though because I don't want anything to affect the pregnancy negatively...my OH says everything should be fine...she has already been through this 4 times but I am still a bit nervous...do you ladies think baby is okay or would you still call the OB...I am thinking I may end up calling on Monday when the office opens and telling her what happened just to see if she says what I did was fine and baby is ok...or if she wants to check...I dunno...I don't have a scheduled appointment for another 18 days...so still over 2 weeks...

Just needing some reassurance as I am very antsy (no pun intended) right now...

has anyone else had a moderate allergy reaction while pregnant??? what was it like for you???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->