Alternative therapies

C

comet1234

Hello i was just trying to get a few experience stories on what you have all tried. I'm going to start acupuncture at the end of the month, but i have been looking into Reiki healing, acupressure massage, aromatherapy and reflexology.

What did you try, why and what were the outcomes? :flower:

I had a thin lining a I started acupuncture on CD1 and was pregnant by CD35 I was TTC for 9months was on femara and estrogen.

Wow that's amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to it now haha. X

I'm drinking grapefruit juice to increase fertile cm and plan on eating pineapple after ovulation to help with implantation. Don't know what the outcome will be (or if this will make a difference at all) but I figured it can't hurt!

GL!

Comet how did acupuncture go? I've been having reflexology for 6 months. .. not pregnant but it definitely helps chill me out and I think helps balance hormones etc xx I certainly don't think its hurting my cause

Hi comet- how did you get on with acupuncture? Xx

Hi!

I've been doing acupuncture for 6 weeks now.

We're only on cycle 2 of actively TTC right now (testing sept 12th!), but I had wildly irregular periods (example: 13 day cycle, followed by 105 day cycle, followed by 42 day cycle) with lots of bleeding (periods lasting 12+ days) since going off the pill two years ago. So when we starting really actively trying I went to the doctor right away. Ultrasounds showed cysts on my ovaries but two rounds of blood work came back with normal hormone levels. The doc still said he thought it was PCOS and wanted to put me on Femara but I didn't feel comfortable taking that step yet.

A friend who's studying acupuncture referred me to an amazing practitioner who specializes in fertility and it's been a wonderful experience so far. The treatments were much more intense than I expected...I didn't really expect to feel much, but it puts me in almost a trance-like state. I use the time (it's about an hour of laying there with the needles in me) to practice deep breathing and do visualizations and just send lots of love to my body. I always feel tremendously relaxed and leave the sessions with such a feeling of positivity. If nothing else the treatments have really helped to clear all of the negative feelings and anxiety I was having at the thought of having to contend with fertility issues.

So far this cycle has been much closer to normal than any others and I definitely O'd this month! (based on OPKs and temps) Whereas I didn't last month. So we shall see!

But again, if you can afford the acupuncture (my practitioner works in a community acupuncture setting so it's quite affordable actually!) I really recommend it. Again, it has really changed my whole feeling about the process of TTC, made me much more relaxed, like all my worry is just zapped away, and I think that can only improve my chances of getting pregnant!

Will keep you posted though on how things progress! Fingers crossed!

I've done 2 weeks of acupuncture :) Hoping it works for me too. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->