Alton Towers with 3/4year old

Nibblenic

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my 'baby' is a metre tall :happydance:

Which means we're going to Alton Towers with her :D

IVe been to Alton Towers a huge amount over the years, already twice this year. I have a long standing tried and tested plan on how to make the most of the park as a group of adults.

However I have never really looked into what you can do with young children or more importantly the best way to do it.

Scarefest is on so we want to take her to the shows to.

Any hints and tips for how to get the best out of our day, for her? :flower:

Just make sure you take her on the kiddie rides. If she's anything like my 3 year old he's a right dare devil. I really want to take mine to the scare fest!! Are you paying full price or have you got cheap tickets? Xx

Go on a weekday if you can so that it's not so busy. Queuing for rides with an impatient toddler is not fun...

Hope you have a brilliant day!

x

We're going this Friday! First day of the proper scarefest so hopefully it wont be too busy as most of the school arent off.

We wont be queuing for any of the 'big' rides, as this trip is all about her. We were there without here earlier in the year.
She really wants to go on Mine train and Charlie and the chocolate factory and see one of the scare shows.

We've got bounce backs from earlier this year and she's free, although we have been advised to provide a birth certificate if they look 4. Which she does :D So costing a grand total of £26 to go :happydance:

We're going this Friday! First day of the proper scarefest so hopefully it wont be too busy as most of the school arent off.

We wont be queuing for any of the 'big' rides, as this trip is all about her. We were there without here earlier in the year.
She really wants to go on Mine train and Charlie and the chocolate factory and see one of the scare shows.

We've got bounce backs from earlier this year and she's free, although we have been advised to provide a birth certificate if they look 4. Which she does :D So costing a grand total of £26 to go :happydance:

Wow that's good!! I'm just trying to book tickets now but its confusing on my phone. Really wanted to stay over but there's no rooms when we can go :( xx

Personally I stay locally. A bnb called The Chained Oak is lovely. Farely cottage is 'rustic' but large you get a full house basically, to your self.Plus its closer to the entrance that the hotels themselves are and itll save paying for parking. Im staying at 'the old farm' this time which is a little further away but owned by the laters mum.

Yeah, chained oak has a mini bedroom then a little bedroom off that room with bunk beds in.
Farley Cottage has a kitchen, then corridor leading to bathroom and a attic bedroom with a double and a single or two in the same room.
Cant tell you about the old farm yet but i'll update after the weekend.

My DD loved alton towers when we went not long back :happydance: she loved the mine train and Charlie and the chocolate factory, as did I lol x

Ive never been and so wanna go.

Ooh I can't wait to take DS to Alton Towers! I love the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride, I always make DH go :haha:. The aquarium is good, and maybe the log flume- I'm not really sure how big they have to be to go on it. Maybe Hex? I've seen smallish children on that.
Oh and Beth_Terri, we usually stay at Farley Cottage, its soo close, and cheap lol.

Flume as been put up to 1.2m even accompanied. She is tall enough to go on HEX and Duel but i dont know if she might find it too much. Shes not a big fan of loud sudden noises. Im pretty willing to let her call it on Duel but really unsure about HEX, especially the room just before the swing

I would not take my DD on HEX, it even freaks me out! I dragged my 65yr old mother on and that was hilarious haha. she went on duel though

I think she'd really enjoy the swing part of hex just a shame you cant short cut it lol.

I might be going next April for my birthday :D can't wait!

Isabelle's very tall for her age she's as tall as her 3 year old cousin! Im a propa shortie lol I'm only just 5ft by the time Isabelle reaches 4 I always joke she's gonna be taller than me lol.

Is wonder is all based on height because if Isabelle carries on the way she is she's gonna be able to go on rides soon with us, we wanna take her to peppa pig world but obviously wanna wait till she's talk enough? Is all based on height or is their a minimum age Aswell? Xx

At Alton its all height bar two rides, the car driving on a sub-terra

I love Alton towers!! I never knew there was stuff for kids to do that's so exciting! On a side note, what is hex all about!! I've never managed to work out how I can be sat in my seat but feel like I'm going upside down and get that strange feeling in my body... How do they do that?!

Its called a magic swing ride :D

The swing seats are never more than 45 degrees. The outside moves to :D
This video shows inside and outside together

https://youtu.be/rUXw_5SLoZ8

Have fun!!

Last time we went OH was laughing at me in the bouncy part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride - my boobies were boing up and down :dohh: lol

Xx

Have fun!!

Last time we went OH was laughing at me in the bouncy part of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride - my boobies were boing up and down :dohh: lol

Xx

HAHAHA me too! there is a part that makes all ur wobbly bits jiggle, we were laughing so much lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->