Am I been unreasonable

fifi83

Reaction score
At the moment me and my OH live 35 miles away from each other,

I was going to his tonight and we was coming to mine xmas eve has I don’t want to take my little boy out of his home on xmas eve night and we was going back over to his end xmas day to see his family.

This week ive been really ill with cold and flu and been so tired its unreal, I have pushed myself to the max every night after to work to get everything done and things packed to go to his straight from work today at 5.

For him to send me a message on msn saying you not going to like this and your going to be upset but im going out with my friends on Saturday.

Its not that I mind him going out with his friends at all I just think the timing is wrong if he said it 2 weeks ago then fine I wouldn’t of packed and pushed myself to get everything done like a idiot that I feel right now. He is going out with them Boxing Day and having a party news years where there all invited.

Im so mad, upset and hurt.

Thats not being unreasonable, your hormones are all over the place and your partner should understand that, also it would have been nice for him to give you a bit of notice

I have had so many problems with my OH doing this sort of thing for the last couple of weeks, with all the christmas do's, he's been out three times already!! I put my foot down this weekend and said i wanted time for us to do things together, he can see his mates another time!

He's seeing them twice over xmas anyway, why does he need to change your plans you already made together! get him told!
xx

I feel he changed the plans cos its clear there a better offer eh.

he aint a bad guy just dont think he thinks, but its about time he did im so fed up, i feel like ive just been dropped. and made a fool off.

Then i feel if i said dont go i would feel i was been awful.

and suprise suprise i told him how i felt last night and not had one text today :( im so mad aaarrrgggghhhh

You´re not being unreasonable at all - your OH needs a kick up the backside!!! Fair enough, he needs to see his mates as well, but I think he needs to realise that you need a bit of TLC as well at the moment.

Mine was a bit unreasonable too the other day and we ended up having words - I put across how I felt and went to bed and he got the cold shoulder - once he´d had time to think about it, I got an apology the next day when he got back from work. Hopefully your OH will soon realise what a pratt he´s been.

i hope so, cant wait to finish work in half an hour to relise these tears.

I would never stop him from seeing his friends never but when everthing is packed i feel such a idiot a few days notice would of been nice.

The latest is he thought cos im not feeling too good right now i wouldnt mind aaarrrggghhh.

The scary thing is right now i dont want to see him ever again ive felt shocking all day and holding tears back is hard a few keep creeping out :cry:

What a dipstick - he should realise that because your´re not feeling too great the the mo, then its all the more reason that you should spend a bit of time together, so you can let him look after you a bit!!!! Men!!!

Let the tears come when you get home, have a good cry and let it all out - you´ll feel much better afterwards. Hope you are feeling better soon :hugs::hugs:

I would be mad too! My DH claims he needs time to himself all the time! I am at home with the kids all day...everyday....Which I dont mind at all...I would just like to have some time to myself as well and when I want to he makes a reason for me not to be able to! I think he should stay with you since he wants you to come up there anyways! I would tell him if he is leavin with his friends then you wont come!

April

Thing is, its not like its his only chance to see his mates, he seeing them twice over christmas anyway. And it would be different if you hadn't already arranged to do something together.

I would go mad, but dont be stressing out x

I agree with everyone here, you are definitely NOT being unreasonable! It's the holidays so why are everyone's significant others being asses?! including mine?! Tis the season girls, I say we all take a bubble bath, watch a good "chick-flick" movie and pamper ourselves since our hubbies won't. Well, at least those are my plans lol. I do hope things work out for ya hun! Keep a smile on ur face and have a good holidays anyway:hugs::hugs:

:hugs:

You're totally not being unreasonable. That was a total jerkish move on his part and very selfish. Like the other girls said, maybe grab a movie or take a warm bath and just relax. I hope you feel better hon :hugs:

Just want to say girls thank you for your support.

Ive had a good cry, my head is fuzzy but going to sleep off.

Take care all xxxxx

I don't think it's unreasonable at all - whether you are pregnant or not - it is inconsiderate of him to do that.

His first concerns are you, the baby and your son - not his mates. As you said it would be different if timing was different.

I wish I could give you more advice!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"