Am I being unreasonable or is DH an ass!?

babytimeee

Reaction score
I'm 38+2 and exhausted regardless, we have a 3yo daughter who is... a 3 year old, shes a nuisance, lol. I have the flu and am absolutely exhausted. I'm talking, can't stand up for more than a minute or I'll pass out exhausted. DH said he would leave work at 2 today to help me take care of her.. it's 5 o clock and he just left and still has to go to the store.

I'm sorry but every job I've ever had, my bosses would understand if I had an as-pregnant-as-it-gets wife with the FREAKING FLU at home, taking care of a three year old. I get that work pays the bills, but you're salaried and if you miss a couple meetings it's not going to be the end of the world. GROW A PAIR, YOUR BOSSES WILL UNDERSTAND.

GUHHHH

I guess it depends on how important the meetings where, and how understanding his boss is. I know some bosses can be really understanding in such situations, but then of course you've got the ones who aren't so lenient.

I guess it depends on how important the meetings where, and how understanding his boss is. I know some bosses can be really understanding in such situations, but then of course you've got the ones who aren't so lenient.

I gues that's why I'm all huffy and puffy. If it's about him, it's easy as pie to get off... but if it's for me or our kids, forget it. Seems that way at least! Unless the timing is just always perfect for him to be sick!

If his boss is lenient and he can easy escape from work then I'd be peed off too :hugs:

Old saying ... Where there's a will there's a way. My fella is like yours. Amazing how he manages to wrangle time off when he's sick or even more annoyingly he never has to work late on 'football nights' with his buddies yet on the nights when I need him home early cause I need a break I'm told the boss kept him late and he couldn't get away. So yes I'm guessing your guy's an ass just like mine. (Sorry for rant. Am 29 weeks and can barely walk or sleep. This baby is in the 92 centile and I am only 5'2!). Really wish my oh could do the remaining 11 weeks and the labour!

My bosses would not understand. They especially would not understand if it was not me who was sick. My job started off accomodating, but for next year (short of my maternity leave) I have had to bend over backwards to even get appointments for my doctor. I don't know what your husband's job is like, but there is always a level of expectations from supervisors and peers, especially from high production fields. It also depends on what is going on at work. My husband is a research scientist and had what they call "laser time" all this week. Had he called off for any reason it would have been very frowned upon. I am sorry you feel the way you do, but I can see your husband's point as well.

Now if he consistently calls off with no issues, and all of a sudden when you need him he can't get away... then yeah, I would be miffed, too.

That's men ALL over, when they're sick they get a rest and when we are sick we have to suck it up and carry on.
Xx

Old saying ... Where there's a will there's a way. My fella is like yours. Amazing how he manages to wrangle time off when he's sick or even more annoyingly he never has to work late on 'football nights' with his buddies yet on the nights when I need him home early cause I need a break I'm told the boss kept him late and he couldn't get away. So yes I'm guessing your guy's an ass just like mine. (Sorry for rant. Am 29 weeks and can barely walk or sleep. This baby is in the 92 centile and I am only 5'2!). Really wish my oh could do the remaining 11 weeks and the labour!

He finally made it home, made, dinner, did dishes, and got DD ready for bed. Must have felt guily!!! Maybe he isn't the worst... lol

So he should too! How are you feeling now?
Xx

I feel like I am getting worse with every day that passes with this damn flu. So glad LO isn't on his way yet, this is not how I wanted to spend my last few days with my daughter!

Hope you feel a lot better soon, and yes an ass! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->