am I getting desperate or is this feeling natural??

kirstylm

Reaction score
Hi girls! Just after some advise really. I had a MC back in May and had to have an evacuation op. Took me a good few months to mentally get over my loss and took my body even longer, only had 2 normal periods since!
But, finally I feel back to 'normal' now in body and mind... I think!
Since then, I have accepted a new job which I start on 28th September. If I'm right, you have to have been employed by the same employer for just under 6 months to recieve full maternity pay?? Is this right? My new job is a 6 month fixed term contract and I was told in the interview can be extended another 6 months as I am covering for the lady thats on maternity leave. :wacko:
Now, here are my questions: 1. Should I wait 6 months and see if my contract is extended, if Im laid off, or offered the job full time before trying for a baby? 2. If I was to get pregnant a few months into my employment, could they sack me? 3. Am I taking a huge risk here taking a possible non permanent job and wanting a baby at the same time?? :baby:
I am a bit upset as I don't really want to leave my current job as I love it an the people I work with. Im only really leaving as the money in the new job is starting salary of an extra 3 grand and going up to a possibility of another 3 grand! My current employer can't match this so I had no choice! The new job is a more senior role and will, I know, be a job I will love and there is much more oppertunity there so at the same time is a good thing.
I feel like at the moment I wan't a baby more than anything in the world! I feel like I don't want to wait 6 months and even then, if the contract doesn't extend then I will have to find another job & start all over again!!!! :wacko:
Any advise here would be much appreciated!!! :winkwink:

You again! You know what I think hun, and obviously you wouldn't want to leave the amazing people you work with now! :winkwink: :nope:
I think you need to start your new job, give it til Christmas and see how you feel then. I would love to start TTC now but in my sensible brain I need to wait until the house is finalised. I don't feel as if I would enjoy being pregnant as much if I was stressing about finances etc. I'm waffling now, maybe some of the other ladies will have better advice!

Thanks hun. It just so sad that I have to leave for money!!! poo! And yes it is a HUGE shame I have to leave my amazing head nurse!!! Bestest boss ever!
Yeah yor prob right, give it a few months, see in the new year then decide, at least I would have been in the job for a few months so will hopefully have a clearer head!
I agree with you though definately, wait till ur in ur house and settled, got things where u want etc then try. Your right, you will feel anxious otherwise and that won't help with TTC! xxxxx

In terms of what's best for your career, you'd have some experience in a higher post if you took the new job and kept it for a while, so you'd stand a better chance in a future job if one came up. But I know how impatient you must be feeling at the same time! :p
1. I personally think taking the job would be good, it means you can save a bit of extra money for when LO does come along, and there is a chance of it becoming extended/permanent.
2. I don't have a clue, sorry! :S
and 3. Yeah probably, but you'll have to decide if the pros outway the cons or not. You know more about the jobs than I do, so you'll be able to make a better decision :)
Good luck lovely, hope it all goes well!!
xx

Hi hun, I am sorry I can't give you any advice, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome to wtt and hope it all works out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->