Am I imagining this ghost line?

vegan_foodie

Reaction score
My husband and I are TTC post-miscarriage. I started an LH surge last Tuesday, and I *promised* myself I wouldn't try to take an HPT until at least 2 days after AF was due, but the wait was agony. I took one this morning, ~6 days before AF (Clearblue early detection test). I was sure it was negative, and was about to throw it away, but then noticed that if you look really hard there is the faintest of faint lines there. I've had a proper negative test after the miscarriage and it's been several weeks since the miscarriage, so I don't think it's residual hCG from that. I will take another test in 2 days, but I wanted your opinion: am I imagining the faintest of lines there because I want to be pregnant so badly, or do you see something super faint there too?hpt.jpg

Lind does seem rather thick! I’d say retest in a couple of days x

Fingers crossed!!

The thick line on the top is the control line, the big box is where the line should come if I'm pregnant. At first glance it looks empty, but I swear if I squint there is a super super faint line there, I am hoping I am not just imagining it is picking something up :)

Thank you!!! I am so glad I am not imagining it!!!

I will update here when I have taken the next test. Fingers crossed xx

Do u have a pic with better lighting seems like a shadow over the hpt. I think I see something. Did they monitor your hcg beta down to zero after your loss.?

Do u have a pic with better lighting seems like a shadow over the hpt. I think I see something. Did they monitor your hcg beta down to zero after your loss.?

Thank you! Unfortunately no - they've been pretty hands-off in terms of follow-up so we are winging it a bit. I did a HPT 3 weeks post-miscarriage and it was properly negative, and I'm done with the miscarriage bleeding since a few weeks ago and according to my last ultrasound everything is gone, so I think body should have finished processing it. Here is the test from a different angle, but this goes in the opposite direction, I think it's too bright and it's washing out. It was easier to see irl than in the photo, the line is so faint I couldn't really capture it, that's why I had the door behind, you can't really see it in this one, but with the dark background, it sort of shows up.DSC_0478.jpg

Although actually, even with this one, if you sort of squint, you can see it.

(I know I know, I should just be good and patient and wait two more days at least and take another test, but the wait is so agonizing!!)

Thank you! Unfortunately no - they've been pretty hands-off in terms of follow-up so we are winging it a bit. I did a HPT 3 weeks post-miscarriage and it was properly negative, and I'm done with the miscarriage bleeding since a few weeks ago and according to my last ultrasound everything is gone, so I think body should have finished processing it. Here is the test from a different angle, but this goes in the opposite direction, I think it's too bright and it's washing out. It was easier to see irl than in the photo, the line is so faint I couldn't really capture it, that's why I had the door behind, you can't really see it in this one, but with the dark background, it sort of shows up.View attachment 1056030
I see it in this pic very well maybe try a pink dye test see what it says I always get lines on blue ones even when I'm not pregnant. GOOD LUCK!

I see it in this pic very well maybe try a pink dye test see what it says I always get lines on blue ones even when I'm not pregnant. GOOD LUCK!
I am going to try another test tomorrow and see what happens, fingers crossed. At the moment I have only blue ones at home, but I will try to get my hands on a pink one. Thank you for the suggestion!

Fingers crossed I think you should try a Lloyd’s pharmacy test or frer if you’re UK :)

I'm in Sweden, so unfortunately the best on the market here are the Clearblue ones, plus a bunch of less good (and cheaper) tests. I will try to stock up on better tests online. I am really hoping this test develops into something. I have a really messed up cycle so I'm not sure when I actually ovulated, am going based on the LH surge. Fingers crossed!!

I see it it's faint but there and looks blue.
I did these tests with this preganacy and only got a very faint line 2 days b4 period was due.
I think that looks like the start of a BFP. But wud definitely test with a pink dye test just to be sure. Good luck I have it all fixed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->