Am I the only one?

EmmaRea

Wifey/Mom Extraordinaire
Reaction score
...who is considering skipping town for the holidays? It's Christmas time, and all of these little stores have "Baby's First Christmas" things out. It makes me want to scream. Plus, my BIL and his 'microwave-dinner" new family make time spent with them impossible to tolerate. So I am considering just up and leaving to Disneyland over Christmas. Not tell our families and just let them have their little holiday to themselves without my bitterness towards my new SIL and her baby ruining the season for everyone.
I kind of want to stay, but I am having sooooo much trouble accepting that my (twat of a) BIL suddenly has a ready-made little family, but my hubby and I have had miscarriage after miscarriage. I know I sound horrid, mean, etc. etc., but I can't help it. So I think taking myself out of the equation is better than ruining Christmas, no? :shrug:

Im so sorry to hear how sad you are and all of your losses, life just is not fair.

It's completely normal to feel bitter and hurt and upset. If skipping town for the Holidays feels like something you need to do, I say go for it. Right now is a time for letting yourself heal the best way you know how. Just make sure you arent running away from it. Its inevitible that you will need to face your family eventually. I too have contemplated the same thing. My brother and SIL are pg with their third, we would have been due about a week apart =/ Its extremely hard to see her now and constantly be reminded...

Make whatever decision is right for you. I pray that you are blessed with a sticky bean soon. Big hugs to you!

Your feelings are completely normal and i am so deeply sorry for your loss..
I lost my Ava at 20 weeks, I gave birth in my home and this Christmas i know the first one is going to be hard, but I can't just take off, wish I could though. All my love and if you ever need a friend I am here, andrea...XOXOOXO:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

If going away makes YOU feel better, do it!

My SIL held the christening for her child (such a difficult pregnancy for her, blah, blah, blah) the very week our baby was due -- my husband took me off to Italy for a long weekend; she's never forgiven us, c'est la vie -- she never even called me when I had my mc and my FIL at the time was very ill (he died a few months later), and even then, the focus was all on her...

YOU do what YOU want!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back