Am I the only person never to have had a BFP??

tigerlily1975

TTC #1 with azoospermia
Reaction score
Hello ladies :hi:

As the title states, I've never had a BFP and I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone month after month with no lines or never even having the need to test.

We've just completed our first set of infertility tests through the GP and surprisingly, the Dr actually called us as the results were in and he wants to see us... doesn't sound good, does it? We're booked in for Thursday, so I guess we'll soon find out if we'll ever see that elusive BFP...

Lots and lots of :dust: and :hugs: to all of you!

C xx

I hope it all goes well for you and everythings going as planned. xx

Think there's a few ladies here that have never had a bfp,Gl with the results,:hugs::hugs:

I've never had a BFP before either :hugs:

In all my time previously with my exs I never had a pregnancy scare. DH & I TTC for 11 cycles in 2009 and I never had the need to POAS as AF always arrived on time.

This is our 4th cycle TTC again and I did get to POAS on the first cycle as it was 47 days long but got a BFN :(

We had some fertility tests in 2009 but have just started them again recently. Our GP has always called us in to discuss the results they never give them out over the phone. We have an appointment on 25 July when the plan is that we should be getting referred to an FS.

Please have faith that you'll see your BFP :hugs: And good luck for your appointment on Thursday :hugs:

All the best with your test results on Thursday. Please let us know how you get on. :flower:

When I joined the site in March, I almost posted the same question as you because it felt (mistakenly) that I was the only one who had never had a BFP before.

Of course month after month after month of BFNs are soul destroying and can make you feel miserable and frustrated - believe me I know firsthand what that is like!! I'm sure you won't mind me adding this bit, unfortunately I MC just over two weeks ago after getting my first ever BFP. If you think constant BFNs are bad...well I don't think I need to finish the sentence. :nope::nope:

Hope that doesn't sound harsh, I'm just being 100% honest.

I'm not giving up though - on a break at present for very basic reasons (i.e. I have no partner!)- and I sincerely hope that you have good news on Thursday. :hugs::hugs:

I've never had a BFP before either :hugs:

In all my time previously with my exs I never had a pregnancy scare. DH & I TTC for 11 cycles in 2009 and I never had the need to POAS as AF always arrived on time.

This is our 4th cycle TTC again and I did get to POAS on the first cycle as it was 47 days long but got a BFN :(

We had some fertility tests in 2009 but have just started them again recently. Our GP has always called us in to discuss the results they never give them out over the phone. We have an appointment on 25 July when the plan is that we should be getting referred to an FS.

Please have faith that you'll see your BFP :hugs: And good luck for your appointment on Thursday :hugs:

Thanks, MacWooly :hugs: I'm sending you giant, bear :hugs: and wishing you all the best with your appointment on the 25th.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you'll get your BFP very, VERY soon :hugs:

C xx

Ive never had a bfp in my life :growlmad: I do sometimes wonder if I can get pregnant! but I try to stay positive and hope when it finally does happen it will be a sticky. My friend had a lot of friends who would fall pregnant fairly easily and MC, she took years to get pregnant twice, but each time they were sticky so she thinks its better. Also my friend who is the same age got pregnant really quickly when first trying and MC, took a year to get another BFP and she was sticky. So Im keeping the hope that its taking time as its waiting for a good one!

good luck with the appointment: even though its nerve-wracking it could be good....I would prefer to know of a problem than have the 'unexplained' tag I have right now....at least then you can fix it or move on to treatments if you have to. Im sure everything will be fine. :hugs:

we should a never had a bfp over 35 group!!

All the best with your test results on Thursday. Please let us know how you get on. :flower:

When I joined the site in March, I almost posted the same question as you because it felt (mistakenly) that I was the only one who had never had a BFP before.

Of course month after month after month of BFNs are soul destroying and can make you feel miserable and frustrated - believe me I know firsthand what that is like!! I'm sure you won't mind me adding this bit, unfortunately I MC just over two weeks ago after getting my first ever BFP. If you think constant BFNs are bad...well I don't think I need to finish the sentence. :nope::nope:

I'm not giving up though - on a break at present for very basic reasons (i.e. I have no partner!)- and I sincerely hope that you have good news on Thursday. :hugs::hugs:

Oh, Ruth :hugs: I'm so sorry for you, I will be thinking of you during this difficult time :hugs:

You are so very right, as much as we face disappointment each month, I can't even begin to imagine what MCing must be like. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Thank you again and I send you much love, luck and :hugs:

C xx

also just noticed on your siggy you've been TTCing since Jan 2011....thats not a long time and its very normal to take up to a year even for a younger fertile couple so you probably just need time. we started Feb 2010, but it wasnt till Sept 2010 we started tracking periods, ovulation etc so I officially count from that. But really its been well over a year (17 months) of lots of unprotected sex every month!

oh ruth, big :hugs::hugs::hugs: I agree, Id much prefer no bfp than to go through what you have :hugs: I hope everything works out for you, Ive been reading more and more women are going it alone now...would you ever consider that one day? take care :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks a lot Sarah.

No I don't want to do it on my own. I liked having two parents and I'd like the same for my children. That's why I waited so long, I could have done this on my own years ago!! It's got to the stage now where I'd even forfeit having a family if it meant I couldn't find the right partner.

oh ruth, big :hugs::hugs::hugs: I agree, Id much prefer no bfp than to go through what you have :hugs: I hope everything works out for you, Ive been reading more and more women are going it alone now...would you ever consider that one day? take care :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Tigerlilly :hi: I'm with you! :hugs:

I'm 41 and have never been preg and like Macwooly never had a preg scare either:nope: Sometimes I think how have I got to 41 and it's not happened :shrug:. I cling to the hope that it just wasn't the right time, right man and now it is :flower:

Anyway, we've been TTC since Sept 2010, had my CD3 and 21 bloods done in Jan, all okay. Dr said we'd not given it long enough and to go back if not preg by the summer, my appt's booked for 27th July.

Good luck with your appointment on Thursday, I so hope it brings you good news so that you can get your BFP soon :flower:

Hi Tigerlilly,

Im also with you, 39 and never had a bfp, In fact I never even brought or thought about buying a pregnancy test until we started this journey and then brought them in anticipation. I also wonder at times if I can even get pregnant...... who knows I guess. Im resigned to the fact I have to try and be patient.

:hugs: and :dust: to you all xx

Me neither - and it's so worrying. For all those years of worrying that you might get pregnant, and now it's more worrying that you might never. It's been a year now since I came off the BCP and not a sniff of a BFP.

Also Tigerlily from your username it looks like we're the same age!

Tigerlily, I am with you :flower:

I have never had a BFP, and only once did a POAS because AF always showed up on time, save for that one time when I thought I was late, bought a test kit, used it and noticed that AF had arrived right at that moment.

I agree with Sarahincanada, it'd be nice to have a Never Had a BFP 35+ group :)

Big hugs to everybody :hug:

Hello you lovely ladies :flower:

I hope you're all well.

Thanks for the messages, there's quite a few of us who are still waiting for our first BFP.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to see one. We had our approintment this morning and the results were not good.

We'd both been apprehensive before the appointment, as the Dr called us three days after my husband had deposited his SA sample. Once we had sat down he said he wanted to tell us in person and there was no way to sugar-coat it. Basically, there were no sperm in my husband's sample. Not a single one. We sat there complete shock. I think we'd got it into our heads that maybe my bloods were off or he'd have a low sperm count, but we didn't see that one coming.

He's going to refer us to a FS for the Azoospermia, but also mentioned adoption or a sperm donor as options, so he's not filling me with a lot of confidence that this is something we can overcome.

My day has been a mixed bag of crying and googling (and munching on chocolate). It's now a case of waiting and eventually more tests.

Bless my DH, all he keeps saying is "it's not fair to you, you should find someone who can give you children" which makes me love him even more than I thought I possibly could.

In the meantime, I send you all BIG :hugs: and tonnes of :dust: and will keep everything crossed that you will all get you BFPs very, VERY soon.

Tootles,

Charlotte xx

OMG TigerLily....I am so very sorry! What a shock! Your DH must feel horrible.....
My sister and BIL were in the same situation...They decided to pursue adoption....
Sperm donation is A LOT easier to deal with, though...Were your results ok?

Hello you lovely ladies :flower:

I hope you're all well.

Thanks for the messages, there's quite a few of us who are still waiting for our first BFP.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to see one. We had our approintment this morning and the results were not good.

We'd both been apprehensive before the appointment, as the Dr called us three days after my husband had deposited his SA sample. Once we had sat down he said he wanted to tell us in person and there was no way to sugar-coat it. Basically, there were no sperm in my husband's sample. Not a single one. We sat there complete shock. I think we'd got it into our heads that maybe my bloods were off or he'd have a low sperm count, but we didn't see that one coming.

He's going to refer us to a FS for the Azoospermia, but also mentioned adoption or a sperm donor as options, so he's not filling me with a lot of confidence that this is something we can overcome.

My day has been a mixed bag of crying and googling (and munching on chocolate). It's now a case of waiting and eventually more tests.

Bless my DH, all he keeps saying is "it's not fair to you, you should find someone who can give you children" which makes me love him even more than I thought I possibly could.

In the meantime, I send you all BIG :hugs: and tonnes of :dust: and will keep everything crossed that you will all get you BFPs very, VERY soon.

Tootles,

Charlotte xx

oh wow you poor thing :hugs: I have seen people mention Azoospermia on here before so perhaps you can find a group of ladies in the same situation to help you through this. :hugs: and your hubby sounds so lovely, he is probably feeling terrible so I hope he will know that you love him regardless.

Sperm donation would be an option....that way its still your biological child. I was thinking myself recently what if I cant give my husband a baby as my eggs are aging, I would consider egg donation as then at least theres one biological parent.

big :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->