Amazon black friday..

I want all the Denby cookware! OH & I are Denby-aholics. Oh and the bluray player as we have one on permanent loan from OH's work at the moment (same as the £8k projector we have on permanent loan for 'testing') and it'd be nice to have one of our own, providing it's a decent spec.

However, today so far I've won the Sonicare toothbrush (not sure will keep it as OH may not want it, have asked) and the Planet Earth/Life bluray box set (which again I may not keep as I really want it but OH will probably say that we have watched both series at least 10 times as we love it so much and he has the PE bluray set at work if we want to use it again so it's pointless but dammit, I WANT it!!)

xxx

how much will the blue ray be do ya think ? x

i got the blurays too but apparently theres a code that means u get it cheaper in zavvi so i released it.

Oooh, what's the code for Zavvi? (if you're happy to share)

Not sure re bluray player, it depends on the spec and stuff...maybe £50-80

xxx

im confused still at how this works some of the stuff has a claimed percentage on it ?! wth is that ? lol x

That means that x many % of the total stock they had available has been claimed but there are still the rest left to get your hands on if you get in there before the offer expires!

xxx

That means that x many % of the total stock they had available has been claimed but there are still the rest left to get your hands on if you get in there before the offer expires!

xxx

i thought u couldn't take one until the offer went live :/ ! this is so silly hahah ...

From Wikipedia, who can explain it better than me!

Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States, traditionally the beginning of the Christmas shopping season. On this day many U.S. retailers open very early, often at 5 a.m. or even earlier, and offer promotional sales to kick off the shopping season. Because Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday in November in the United States, the day after occurs between the 23rd and the 29th of November.

The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving. Use of the term began by 1966 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the period during which retailers are turning a profit, or "in the black."

xxx

With the stuff that has the % claimed underneath, that means that the offer is live or was live until recently (and they haven't removed it yet). Not everything is selling out. The Mozart set expired with only around 40 odd % claimed!

xxx

im not sure, have a look on the MSE board.

does any one know how much goldeneye for the wii went for yesterday ? cos its up again now ... x

Gutted I didn't get the blu ray player! It said 'Waiting in Queue' and then turned to sold out! Grrr! I have sent my OH the spec anyway as he is the expert on these things, just in case it comes up again int he week. Will see if he says it is any good and worth the £59!!

xxx

i just look at things im too cheap to buy ! ahah x

wow didnt even know this existed.. bargains!

how do they manage to sell things at such low prices though?

Retail markup I would guess! Nothing ever costs the consumer the same as it costs the retailer...they probably buy in bulk for £10 per item, then sell it on for around £80 per item, therefore even if they sell it on 'sale' at £40 per item they're still making a wicked profit! Plus, a lot of this stuff will be things that were last years stock that they need to get rid of to make way for the newer versions

xxx

i just got really confused.. and carried away. just testing bought a bath bomb set for lil sis just to test really if it comes. only £6!
free delivery.. but dunno if its completed.. says sent email but dunno whats going on ? :shrug:

amazon black friday is CRAZY! :wacko:

well it says order placed & will be delivered but no debit off my card as yet.
is it not instant then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->