Amazon black friday..

Blooming annoyed- I could have paid the chocs this morning but thought I would wait and see if could get Photoshop for hubby and pay at one time. Grrrr

I have absolutely no idea where you guys are looking lol! ive looked and i see no 'timer' or anything :S

they finish at 9pm! Start up again tomorrow at 7am :)

ah right that'll be why ive no idea what im lookin at then haha

They've shafted me and DH. We placed an order for the Poirot DVDS and Canon camera at about 3, but I don't like buying things at work so we waited til this evening. When we tried to pay it went into the cart fine, payment apparently went through fine but then we recieved a confirmation email at FULL PRICE.

We phoned them and apparently, even though it says on the website that you have until midnight same day to pay APPARENTLY we were supposed to pay within the hour. So, the only offer we were given was 'pay full price or cancel'.

So we cancelled. And cancelled the separate order for xmas presents. I am NEVER buying from them again. It's not the fuckup that annoys me, but the bullshit.

wait.. read that again. Did you purchase them from the lightning deals page? if not, then yes you'll obv get charged full price.

Yes lightning deals - added to basket at the discounted price, put through checkout at discounted price - charged to my credit card at full price...

thats bad.. I only spent £6 so far but better check my card too!

so, what time do the deals start in the morning for each day?
*edit*
7am.. just seen. x

I've spent like £200 so far LOL

my heart pendant thingy for my sis has gone back to full price and its not even midnight yet!

Strikes me you have to pay fairly soon!

^^^

I didn't realise this thread was here but Im a member over on MSE and I think someone else on this thread is a member as well I've seen their username about! :rofl:

Loads of people seem to be having the same problem with amazon charging full price because you havn't paid within an hour. They state in their terms and conditions that you have until 23.59 to pay but if an item goes out of stock completely then it will change to full price or something and if you just leave it in your saved items you can purchase it at the discounted price when it comes back into stock. Don't qoute me on that though!!

Im skint until friday so havn't really took advantage of any of the deals really but I did get the Blu ray player earlier for myself for christmas and a bath bomb set for a friends christmas present! Hmmm'd and ahhhh'd over the trike but decided it was too massive and a bit young for LO at chrismtas for half the features it has and I already have one bought for him for his birthday :rofl:

Im never up at 7am though :rofl: So usually only get the deals from about 9.30am onwards! And last three nights I've been working so missed the deals from teatime onwards!

yeh my username is blah11 on mse too :rofl: I dont post that much though, just now and again. Love that website though (not as much as bnb!).

are you sure your being charged full price, when you go to pay it shows as full price but then there is a box that says how much promotional credit you have, it then apply's that when you actually make the payment

Loads of pampers sposies going this morning for anyone that uses them :)

Aw balls didnt manage to get the nappies... not sure how on the trick of being quick tbh!

I can't seem to get anything! Ive tried a few times now, im clicking away and I click it as soon as it shows but everytime it puts me in a queue and says sold out! :( really wanted the nappies!! Think i'll give up, its just winding me up lol

i cudda done with the nappies too lol nothing else of interest today but i dont really know when i should be clicking to be in with a chance haha

Trick is to start clicking the area where the Add To Basket button will be from about 8 seconds left on the countdown. That's how I've done it anyway. Seems to work better than waiting for the button to show! Not much on today so far that interest me apart from the Denby griddle pan. Oh well! Good luck today ladies!

xxx

But surely it'll just add them to your basket full price?

all todays stuff looks rubbish! :( im certainly not going to fight over a box of cheap nappies .. i have my pride :haha: x

are you sure your being charged full price, when you go to pay it shows as full price but then there is a box that says how much promotional credit you have, it then apply's that when you actually make the payment

Loads of pampers sposies going this morning for anyone that uses them :)

Yes - DH received a confirmation of your order email that stated full price. When we rang we were bullshitted and told 'oh yes you only have an hour' then when we pointed out that this is not what is stamped all over Amazon.co.uk we were presented with childish innuendos about 'oh well it's like a banquet where there is only a limited number of courses'

If we'd been told, 'oh dear, something has obviously gone wrong, we can't fix it I'm afraid' then that would have been annoying but bearable - it's being blamed and being made to feel like a 5yr old that pissed us both off.

yeh, ive put such random things in my basket just cos it was a lightning deal LOL I'll put some back but so far I've got..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000MLPGZG/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE £12.49

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001O9ARF4/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE £12 (will prob put back)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0199692793/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE £25 (will prob keep)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003S3RK36/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE £53.99 (trying to justify myself to keep LOL)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001HJT84C/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE £7.50 (put back, thought it was aftershave :dohh:)

That still expensive for dj hero.
i sold mine on ebay for like £40 barely touched.

But surely it'll just add them to your basket full price?

No because the 'Add To Basket' button doesn't show up until the countdown reaches zero, but if you're clicking in the blank space where it will appear from 8 seconds left then you are more likely to get in there the very split instant it comes up :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->