American child GLITZ beauty padeantry. For vs against... GO!

Although I'd never put my little girl into a pagaent, it's not that so much that I disagree with, it's the fact that these little girls aren't seen as beautiful enough without all the fakery. I've watched the 'toddlers and tiaras' programme and they are all such pretty little girls without the fake tans, baby dentures :shock: and hair extensions. I also find the bikini round and the provocative dancing quite disturbing too.

I really don't like it at all I feel everytime I watch something about it it always looks forced and parents are disappointed in their child if they don't win etc! I agree competition is healthy but not to be prettier winning a race or a game etc great but I wouldn't want them competing over looks and things that can't be changed without surgery etc
Lou
Xxx

Meh, I'd still much prefer my child to do pageants than hunting or boxing.

This is nothing to do with hunting or boxing... :shrug: this is about whether we are for or against beauty pageants.. I'd rather my child do none of the above..

Well tbh, people were going on about competition and it being wrong to compete. I personally have the same view as novsmum. We compete for things everyday in life :shrug: Theres nothing wrong with a child experiencing both the winning and losing side of life.

have to say i agree ^ why on earth make small children compete to be the "best looking" bit sad to be honest its not even a "real" talent is it.. maybe if they are the best at martial arts or dancing etc.. but "BEST LOOKING" its not even a real competition lol its superficial tat it would be like winning a competition to be the tallest or the blondest !

Its not just about who is best looking. There is talent rounds and interview rounds where they show off their personalities too. Its not just 'stand there and look pretty' they have to learn how to walk, how to smile, how to look at the judges etc

Its nothing but parading your children about infront of judges who do decide who is the best looking child and who can twizzle sticks in the air that have fire coming out the ends :haha: Im sorry I just dont agree with it.. They look like dolls when they should be playing with them..

Walking and smiling isn't exactly a talent tho is it ?! ... from what i have seen it all just looks fake! and creepy ! x

Most pageants for children have a swimsuit round. If someone can honestly come on here and debate the merits of having small young children in make up AND parading about in bikinis on stage, in front of gosh knows who... well I shall eat my hat. It's a Fez.

Walking and smiling isn't exactly a talent tho is it ?! ... from what i have seen it all just looks fake! and creepy ! x

Agreed! Most of them are pushed into by their mothers because they are the competitive ones.

No, but they have a talent round :wacko: Thats what Ive just said.

& they dont all have swimsuit rounds. The little miss perfect pageant has 'wow wear' instead.

Yuck yuck yuck. I am not for anything which involves little girls being made up, dressed up and paraded around in 'outfits'. What kind of message does it give out really? When you see the 2 year old on that Toddler and Tiara show you really have to ask yourself who this is all for. Emma is 2. She likes mud, running and playing with toys. I can't see the average 2 year old getting much out of all this.

Life is full of competition but I don't think that competing to be the 'most beautiful' is something that we need to be encouraging. What does it do to the self esteem of the losing contestants? The 'talents' tend to stretch the meaning of the word top. There is enough pressure on girls to conform to a standard of beauty and behaviour, I don't think any parent should be putting MORE pressure on.

Jonbenet Ramsey. What happened to that poor child should be enough to put anyone off these shows. Look at the pictures of her. Who really wants that for their daughter?

No, but they have a talent round :wacko: Thats what Ive just said.

& they dont all have swimsuit rounds. The little miss perfect pageant has 'wow wear' instead.

sorry, i understand you said that.. i was just saying i didn't think walking and smiling really made much of a difference to it.. the fake and creepy was in reverence to the "talents" lol sorry i didn't make it clear :blush: x

wow wear is just as bad as swim suits! why on earth people want to dress their babies up as mini adults is beyond me. they may have talent sections but at the end of the day its all about how they look other wise they wouldnt be covered in fake tan, fake hair and makeup!

Jonbenet Ramsey. What happened to that poor child should be enough to put anyone off these shows. Look at the pictures of her. Who really wants that for their daughter?

its so sad what happened to her and the fact no one really knows who did it
:(

i also dread to think what type of person could be watching these pagents :(

yeah from what i have seen WOW WEAR looks like teeny tiny ann summers outfits :haha:

Like wow wear is any better than swimsuits.. So they can look like a 20 year old rather than a 4 year old :wacko:

I think children grow up far too quickly these days. We certainly dont need to add to that.

yeah, 20 year olds walk around in neon green squined trousers all the time.

20 year old strippers ^^ might do ! hahaha x

or 20 year old stage dancers .... people with ADULT jobs wear clothing like that..

How old is she??? All of about 8/9/10??? Thats what most pageants are like.. :thumbup:

Attachments

• mm.jpg
    mm.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583