American child GLITZ beauty padeantry. For vs against... GO!

I dont recall ever posting a pic of my girls looking like a mini 20 year old or doing a little look at me pose..

Best not post pics of amelie in her dora swimsuit then :dohh:

& Kala, same here. I'd let amelie if she wanted to but I'd only curl her hair or put it up, a bit of makeup (blusher, maybe shadow and mascara, lipgloss) and POSSIBLY fake tan (although prob not). The clothes I dont find that bad! I really don't.

https://www.bethanysalemfd.org/2007/ToddlerMiss07a.JPG

like this :shrug:

I dont post any pics of my girls in their swim constumes but each to their own..

Those little girls look cute and its all age appropriate.

most little girls like getting dressed up and prancing around so as they as they are enjoying it and there isnt pressure for them to win then they could just be a nice experience for them but obviously some parents do take it way too far but some parents do that with everything

I dont post any pics of my girls in their swim constumes but each to their own..

:roll: Okay, sorry I'm not as protective as you, I clearly don't care as much about my kid.

I would post pictures of River in her swimsuit to put it bluntly if some weirdo (i dont mean anyone on this thread obviously i mean perverts) wants to sexualise a picture of my little girl then thats their sick little problem, they cant go near her or touch her.

I dont understand the idea that these pagents make kids targets for perverts as surely they like kids so making them look like mini adults would have the opposite effect?

:roll: Okay, sorry I'm not as protective as you, I clearly don't care as much about my kid.

Lol, honestly.. What a sad pathetic excuse for an argument... :dohh::dohh::dohh:

I said each to their own, some dont mind putting pics up other do, didnt ever say it means you dont care about your child...

Lol, honestly.. What a sad pathetic excuse for an argument... :dohh::dohh::dohh:

I said each to their own, some dont mind putting pics up other do, didnt ever say it means you dont care about your child...

Its not trying to start an arguement. Every single thing I've said has ended up with you saying 'well I never do X' 'I wouldnt let my child do Y' 'no way would the girls be doing Z' There's no need for you to say the same thing a million times.. I GET IT.

I wouldnt put my girls in a bikini like that to go swimming, they are young and thats why they have Peppa Pig costumes... I shall stick to those

I dont recall ever posting a pic of my girls looking like a mini 20 year old or doing a little look at me pose..

This is nothing to do with hunting or boxing... this is about whether we are for or against beauty pageants.. I'd rather my child do none of the above..

TBH, the '...' doesn't really help. It makes your posts look a bit like you think im ridiculous or something.

Another consideration could be the preparation. How much time do these children spend doing their hair, make up, travelling, fittings, waiting around etc? Does that not compromise their enjoyment of childhood activities? Its like that MJ song, Childhood. Do the children have enough time to go to the park, paint, draw, swim, read etc?

Another consideration could be the preparation. How much time do these children spend doing their hair, make up, travelling, fittings, waiting around etc? Does that not compromise their enjoyment of childhood activities? Its like that MJ song, Childhood. Do the children have enough time to go to the park, paint, draw, swim, read etc?

Liking your view of childhood. I agree. Too much time on primping and preening and not enough on just being kids.

I will never agree with these types of shows. Blah, the pic just above that you posted is not nearly as scary as some of the others:haha: but it is just not for me. There is no way I would want Emma dressed up like that. They are like some odd plastic doll. For me, the under 5s are a fake tan/ hairspray/ make up free zone!!!

Lots of famous people are ex beauty queens and theyve turned out ok?
Halle berry, sharon stone, eva longoria, sophia loren, raquel wench, even Oprah was a beauty queen!

Dont' really think its fair to say that you'll have psychological issues if you do pageants. The same could be applied for any hobby if it gets taken to the extreme.

But whose hobby is it? Is it the child's hobby or the parent's?

ETA : See subsequent post

I wouldn't personally base any opinion about pageants on the lives of people I don't know. How do you know these women are not battling their own internal demons as a result of being valued for their looks? You don't know them personally and incidentally, some you've mentioned have had issues in their personal lives that could have stemmed from, or caused them to turn to pageantry to "restore" esteem.

Oprah was raped many times and had many mc before she became involved with pagents....horrible relatives and neighbours where to blame for the abuse she put up with

But whose hobby is it? Is it the child's hobby or the parent's? Incidentally ALOT of the women you mentioned have had tough personal lives, can you be sure beauty pageants were not a contributory factor? Halle was physically abused, Oprah

what? People who are abused aren't at fault. The abuser is.

I just dont agree with these at all. Every little girl is beautiful in their own special way. After going to lots of groups for children with SN needs I disagree with them even more. Everyone should be appreciated for who they are, looks and personality should not be a contest!

:shrug: It doesn't really make any difference. You're still not at fault if you're abused, no matter what your self esteem is like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->