"An excuse to eat what you want"

Ok can I just say that I have already gained 15lb and I am only 14w.
Before I got pregnant I hardly ate anything as had a fear of getting fat (I was once fat as a teen) so I ate prob around 600 - 800 cal a day before conception and had a BMI of 21.5.

Before I knew I was pregnant I noticed I was getting severe hunger pains (I am use to fighting hunger pains but these were far stronger than usual) but I still ignored them (well tried to anyway) but everytime I ignored these I felt so sick and dizzy it was unreal.... so I gave in and was eating about 3 times the amount as I was use to.

2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant.... this to me shows that it wasnt because I knew I was pregnant and was eating for 2, it was my body telling me I was hungry and I NEEDED more food as I didnt know I was pregnant.

Its a bit of a sore subject actually because ive gained 15lb and have a major fear of becoming fat (I dont care about baby but actual fat I do)
I had serious nausea up until 12w and had to literally eat my way through it otherwise I would be sick. I could only stomach crisps, bread, carbs galore (which is what im use to NOT eating) so my body has piled on the pounds.

Main point to this is that the 'you dont need to eat more calories' is rubbish - its person dependant as I have been eating FAR more calories than usual but only because my body has been telling me too (that has slowed down now in 2nd tri tho)
I have been eating LOTS of fruit and veg now and try to get my meat and fish into each day but I do give into a cake or 2 if I feel that is what I want..

It also shows that the amount of weight gain a person puts on during pregnancy can be down to a number of factors... people like myself who arent use to eating very much and who's body is use to 'starvation mode' will grab hold of every single ounce of fat you put into your body and store it to protect you and the baby incase you decide to do it again... thats what has happened to me so when people say to me 'woooah 15lb already' I feel like screaming because its not like ive been binge eating on cakes.

My main craving at the moment is a ROAST. Mmmm Mmmm.

Im just sharing my experience - I dont agree that eating for 2 deliberatley is clever but there are people who will naturally increase the calorie intake because there body needs it... thats what happened with me anyway - thank god thats calmed down now though.

So I haven't read all 14 pages (I will assume some people got offended, am I right?) but from MY experience, eating has become more problematic in pregnancy. I was adamant that I wanted to be really healthy when pregnant - the two things I really wanted to do was to eat healthy and to exercise. I have sadly not done as well as I'd hoped (but not completely awful either). Morning sickness (all day long sickness, still here, btw, grrrrr) has been the major culprit. At first the only things I could eat were really starchy, AND I had to munch on something all the time to keep from vomiting. Also moving around was very nausea inducing, so exercising became a huge problem. I really tried, but man, it was a loosing battle. I do try to walk every day for about 45 minutes, but I don't think that's nearly enough exercise, especially compared to my very active life style before. And as for food, I find that I let myself have more slip ups than I did before pregnancy. I'll eat that cookie that I normally wouldn't. Or worse, I'll make cookies! Or I'll have ice cream cause there's calcium in it (ha!). So far I've gained something like 26 pounds (one per week!), which is a lot, and I do look much rounder in the face and my thighs are getting rather pathetic. I have no one but myself to blame though. Le sigh.

Ok can I just say that I have already gained 15lb and I am only 14w.
Before I got pregnant I hardly ate anything as had a fear of getting fat (I was once fat as a teen) so I ate prob around 600 - 800 cal a day before conception and had a BMI of 21.5.

Before I knew I was pregnant I noticed I was getting severe hunger pains (I am use to fighting hunger pains but these were far stronger than usual) but I still ignored them (well tried to anyway) but everytime I ignored these I felt so sick and dizzy it was unreal.... so I gave in and was eating about 3 times the amount as I was use to.

2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant.... this to me shows that it wasnt because I knew I was pregnant and was eating for 2, it was my body telling me I was hungry and I NEEDED more food as I didnt know I was pregnant.

Its a bit of a sore subject actually because ive gained 15lb and have a major fear of becoming fat (I dont care about baby but actual fat I do)
I had serious nausea up until 12w and had to literally eat my way through it otherwise I would be sick. I could only stomach crisps, bread, carbs galore (which is what im use to NOT eating) so my body has piled on the pounds.

Main point to this is that the 'you dont need to eat more calories' is rubbish - its person dependant as I have been eating FAR more calories than usual but only because my body has been telling me too (that has slowed down now in 2nd tri tho)
I have been eating LOTS of fruit and veg now and try to get my meat and fish into each day but I do give into a cake or 2 if I feel that is what I want..

It also shows that the amount of weight gain a person puts on during pregnancy can be down to a number of factors... people like myself who arent use to eating very much and who's body is use to 'starvation mode' will grab hold of every single ounce of fat you put into your body and store it to protect you and the baby incase you decide to do it again... thats what has happened to me so when people say to me 'woooah 15lb already' I feel like screaming because its not like ive been binge eating on cakes.

My main craving at the moment is a ROAST. Mmmm Mmmm.

Im just sharing my experience - I dont agree that eating for 2 deliberatley is clever but there are people who will naturally increase the calorie intake because there body needs it... thats what happened with me anyway - thank god thats calmed down now though.

Your experience is not the best example, eating 600-800cal per day is horrifying, I can't imagine the damage you've caused your metabolism. Which is probably why you've gained so much in such a short amout of time. I have an eating disorder as well, although on the other spectrum of co mpulsive over eating. However, during this pregnancy my eating disorder symptoms have gone away and my metabolism has regulated itself. I think my pregnant body does not tolerate my dysfunctional unhealthy relationship with food and has regulated itself despite me. Do you find that the same has happened for you? I'm hoping this is a permanent fix. I don't deny myself anything, I'm craving really healthy things, indulging in treats, and still haven't gained an ounce yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->