• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An independent Scotland?

I'm not long back from the polling station. After being a no voter all the way when I actually got there I ended up voting Yes. Just see if the words "Should Scotland be an independent country" made me think twice and I ended up going with my heart.

I'm still unhappy with the lack of firm answers and aggressive tactics but at the end of the day I couldn't vote no.

That's what I thought, iv been a yes voter the whole way and last night I had a little bit of a wobble. Then when you see it written there that question it just has to be a yes

What violence? I've not heard of any?

There hasnt been any violence? There were some protests in George Square last night but there wasnt huge riots or anything! Some people have been quite militant in putting their points across but I wouldn't say violent!

That was it Catty. I was a firm no voter until I went there but worded like that I couldn't think of a real reason to vote no haha. I think I've been fighting the ignorance of yes voters I know rather than independent for a while.

There hasnt been any violence? There were some protests in George Square last night but there wasnt huge riots or anything! Some people have been quite militant in putting their points across but I wouldn't say violent!

That was it Catty. I was a firm no voter until I went there but worded like that I couldn't think of a real reason to vote no haha. I think I've been fighting the ignorance of yes voters I know rather than independent for a while.

I was at George Sq last night, it was a YES information day/ rally :)

Absolutely peaceful.... even when some NO campaigners turned up, just for a bam up i think, but they were ignored and quickly moved on by the police.

I like seeing people publicly showing their support for things, it is what democracy is all about and shows that we have soul and truly care, but that's just me! (and i am a bit of a rebel haha)

I've heard of others doing the same thing Cariad :flower:

I was at George Sq last night, it was a YES information day/ rally :)

Absolutely peaceful.... even when some NO campaigners turned up, just for a bam up i think, but they were ignored and quickly moved on by the police.

I like seeing people publicly showing their support for things, it is what democracy is all about and shows that we have soul and truly care, but that's just me! (and i am a bit of a rebel haha)

I've heard of others doing the same thing Cariad :flower:

Yeah, I know it was a rally - my pal was at it and said it was amazing :) my BIL said there were protests from the no side but he's a very aggressive yes voter so I'll take what he said with a pinch of salt.

It's definitely been historic - a wee old man was dead emotional at my polling station after voting yes. It was lovely to see! I don't thonk anyone can say that Scotland dpest show it's pride between this and the commonwealth games!

My friend was the same - a no until she got her postal card through :)

Sweet of the old boy!

I've heard lots of arguments Yes and No but only one featured trident my 96 yo grandfather. He is so adamant that we should not have those "bloody things". I didn't know until 2 weeks ago he was in Clydebank a few days after It was blitzed. And he sees it as we could inflict on some innocent people in a matter of minutes what took 2 days to do to Clydebank.
Youve made me wish I could have seen him cast his vote.

Damn daily mail then lol :p

Remember im on the south coast, as south as you get, right in the sea. Very out of touch. I hope scotland get independence now tbh.

There's no option for "I'm not Scottish but if they gain independence both of my parents will become Scots"

Been staying off this thread in case I got too carried away but can't believe this is it!! I'm so nervous! There has been no violence Midnight Fairy, there have been peaceful rallies and get togethers but no violence! I was at George square last night and all afternoon today and it's been amazing! Everyone is buzzing, friendly and helpful. My friends are out in their cars ferrying the elderly to and from polling stations, other friends are working the stalls.

There really is optimism in the air and we can only wait for the outcome now.

Let's hope we get what we wish for fellow Scottish ladies! Saor Alba :)

Just been to vote and it was dead. The dude there said it's been a just over 50% turn out at our polling station .

Roll on 7am and the butterfly revolution :D

Just been to vote and it was dead. The dude there said it's been a just over 50% turn out at our polling station .

Wow, that's surprising. There's been a huge queue outside mines since 7am! I can see it from my window and there's still a queue now.

:( that's a shame!

What time do/did the poll stations close?

Been staying off this thread in case I got too carried away but can't believe this is it!! I'm so nervous! There has been no violence Midnight Fairy, there have been peaceful rallies and get togethers but no violence! I was at George square last night and all afternoon today and it's been amazing! Everyone is buzzing, friendly and helpful. My friends are out in their cars ferrying the elderly to and from polling stations, other friends are working the stalls.

There really is optimism in the air and we can only wait for the outcome now.

Let's hope we get what we wish for fellow Scottish ladies! Saor Alba :)

You speak Gaelic??? Me too!! Alba gu brath! :flower: bu choir, bu choir, bu choir!!! :)

To the pp who said there was only a 50% turnout - that's so mad! My work was a polling station today and it was heaving all day! Maybe it's just dying down a bit now as I know a lot of people I knew were either out this morning or straight after work! Took my little girl with me and she watched me put my great big cross in the yes box! :thumbup:

Someone put on fb that 6 polling stations had 100% turnout already

wow! I've been and done my vote! my polling station was super busy too, loads of us were just bumping up on the pavement in front as the car park was super full :)

There were a couple of policemen there, but they were cooing over a baby and absolutely no negative atmosphere. Its so exciting!!

It is very exciting! !st results due about 2am! Who's staying up for the count? I think I might.. i'm having a wee cider just now haha!

my youngest has a cold so no doubt he'll be in our bed keeping me awake anyway lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->