An independent Scotland?

Number two came in a while ago.

Currently at 58% for no x

Well, it's a surprise, as much as I wanted this result! I am happy.

I'm sorry for those who will be disappointed, I'm glad that as it was going to be so close that it was a no as I think independence would have been a massive step if almost half the population didn't want it, but this is no way the end of the story, I have no doubt there will be a referendum in the future again and hopefully by then it'll be more convincing for a large majority, but while people are so conflicted I think no is the safer option for now.

Scotland should inspire the rest of us, it's been incredible to see the engagement in politics, I hope the leaders are true to their words in regards to what Scotland can obtain out of this, but I hope it isn't to the detriment of the rest of us, I hope this make England and Wales look at what they too get out of Westminster and if they want more say, go about trying to achieve it as Scotland have done.

I don't think it's a defeat for the yes campaign, I think they did an incredible job, hopefully over the years they can better think about the most confusing issues such as currency, but whether you're a yes or no voter I would be pretty proud to be Scottish today.

Its going to be a strange day walking along princes street this morning. Im sad of the outcome, without taking even each sides arguements we are the only country to have ever refused independence thats what our children will learn in school

Gutted, but got to respect it.
If you voted No please don't ever winge that you have a government Scotland didn't vote for, don't winge if Scotland get shat on, don't winge if the 3 Amigos don't come forward with additional powers, and don't winge if the NHS goes to the wall and your kids pay a fortune to get to uni and end up with a shite job at the end of it.

Rant over.

Its going to be a strange day walking along princes street this morning. Im sad of the outcome, without taking even each sides arguements we are the only country to have ever refused independence thats what our children will learn in school

Not quite Quebec refused it to their No won by 50.4%. At least we were more decisive than that.
like here they were offered more devolved powers just before the vote.

I cant speak for everyone but for me the vote wasnt about staying in the uk it was who gets to make choices for my country, as a pp said i wouldnt want spain france or anywhere else in charge either. I just think those making choices about what money should be spent in the country should live there.

If you voted No please don't ever winge that you have a government Scotland didn't vote for, don't winge if Scotland get shat on, don't winge if the 3 Amigos don't come forward with additional powers, and don't winge if the NHS goes to the wall and your kids pay a fortune to get to uni and end up with a shite job at the end of it.

Rant over.

I think that's a bit unfair, independence isn't the only answer to the concerns above, it rightfully scared a lot if people, nobody knew what independence could have done, more needs to be researched to convince people it's the best outcome for Scotland you don't vote for something like this on a whim in the hope it might get get better, they voted, they have as much say to whinge as anybody else, only those who don't vote can be accused of being lackadaisical less worthy of the right to complain.

To the person who said Scotland will be the only country not to vote for independence, that simply isn't true, Northern Ireland was asked in the 1970s if they could be independent (not sure if it was an official referendum not sure what the difference is) and over 70% said no. I have no doubt there are other countries. Now wasn't the time, there was too much uncertainty, too many unanswered questions.

Well it's all over and I am truly gutted. Immensely proud of my home city who voted 53% yes. Let's see how we get on with the Westminster promises now, hope they can deliver.

Rant over.

I think that's a bit unfair, independence isn't the only answer to the concerns above, it rightfully scared a lot if people, nobody knew what independence could have done, more needs to be researched to convince people it's the best outcome for Scotland you don't vote for something like this on a whim in the hope it might get get better, they voted, they have as much say to whinge as anybody else, only those who don't vote can be accused of being lackadaisical less worthy of the right to complain.

To the person who said Scotland will be the only country not to vote for independence, that simply isn't true, Northern Ireland was asked in the 1970s if they could be independent (not sure if it was an official referendum not sure what the difference is) and over 70% said no. I have no doubt there are other countries. Now wasn't the time, there was too much uncertainty, too many unanswered questions.

My rant wasn't just about now. Is for 20 years down the line and the No voters have forgotten we had the chance to be in charge of our future instead they voted to keep power in the SE where we will always be out voted.

Yes going for it may have been a risk but we would at least have got governments and policies the majority want.

Well it's all over and I am truly gutted. Immensely proud of my home city who voted 53% yes. Let's see how we get on with the Westminster promises now, hope they can deliver.

Is that Glasgow, I was looking for results council by council were did you get the info?

Rant over.

My rant wasn't just about now. Is for 20 years down the line and the No voters have forgotten we had the chance to be in charge of our future instead they voted to keep power in the SE where we will always be out voted.

Yes going for it may have been a risk but we would at least have got governments and policies the majority want.

Well time will tell, it's been a good day for democracy no matter how you look at it. As somebody who has lived in Wales and now London all I can say is people have an extremely inflated view of how it is to live in London, we were much better taken care of in Wales than here.

Rant over.

Well time will tell, it's been a good day for democracy no matter how you look at it. As somebody who has lived in Wales and now London all I can say is people have an extremely inflated view of how it is to live in London, we were much better taken care of in Wales than here.

There can always be another referendum! Quebec had one in the 80's and also one in the 90's.
The latest one they had was lost by 60 000 votes, ,incredibley close! I was 9 and can still feel the anxiety and stress over it which I must have got from my parents.

I think I would have voted no, 2 huge questions without a definitive answer are the currency and EU membership. Next time round these*questions need answers!

Rant over.

There can always be another referendum! Quebec had one in the 80's and also one in the 90's.
The latest one they had was lost by 60 000 votes, ,incredibley close! I was 9 and can still feel the anxiety and stress over it which I must have got from my parents.

I think I would have voted no, 2 huge questions without a definitive answer are the currency and EU membership. Next time round these*questions need answers!

Oh absolutely, I have no doubt there will be another. Probably when we get the next economic slump lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->