• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An independent Scotland?

I'm finding a real divide here (aberdeen) my friends all think there mortgages will go up and their house prices will devalue so aree all voting no. I really don't see evidence for that though?

Omg I'm a bit scared now!!

This made me giggle quite a bit..... https://youtu.be/cZF1nYp4XQ4

I'm finding a real divide here (aberdeen) my friends all think there mortgages will go up and their house prices will devalue so aree all voting no. I really don't see evidence for that though?

I can't see that happening either. Where there is oil their is money regardless of the currency.
We have oil, do you want to buy some, forget currency just give us yer gold.

I'm sure contracts are on hold up there because Westminster don't want the new oil fields they have found to be common knowledge before the referendum.

However while I would like a Yes, if we don't get one and the 3 Amigos are true to their word Scotland will be a better place.
I also think parts of England will benefit too if they get devolved powers too.

:wave: from Westhill :)

Tommyg - on the Scotland getting more powers thing if a no vote goes through, there is a load of people at Westminster opposing this already! I truly don't believe that those 3 cowboys will be true to their word (when have they ever??) I think we will be made an example of, a laughing stock of we shun our own independence but that's just my own concern/view

I think house prices could go up absolutely

Good luck everyone!

If the house prices go up that's kind of a good thing though, but they think there house will devalue in price but the will have to pay more on their mortgage.
I can imagine it might change a little but not massively

Can anyone tell me or link to who will run and independent Scotland? I'm dithering on my No vote! Help!

Can anyone tell me or link to who will run and independent Scotland? I'm dithering on my No vote! Help!

:wave: I'm in Aberdeen too :flower:

Quick reply as should be working! But I think you should just keep this one thing...okay, two things in mind!

1. The question is should Scotland be independent, not do you think Scotland will be able to keep it's head above water if it gets control over it's own finances. We all know it's going to be an adjustment and there will be issues like everything in life when there is a change, but fundamentally, the question is should we use OUR money the way we want to and not the way England wants us to. And to me that's a no brainer.
2. As someone said earlier, if we were voting today on the opposite; 'should we give up our independence to England', or 'should we hand over our purse to West Minister', would that be an easier vote? Of course it would because noone in their right mind would agree to it. Many countries were recently bailed out but they didn't have to hand over their powers to Germany. Aberdeen should say AYE today for our own future and the future of our children!

Steps off soap box, back to work with me :wacko:

Whatever way you vote, enjoy being part of history today!

Eek I'm on nightshift at work tonight........so gonna be nervous continuously checking the tv in the day room to see the results. I actually think il cry if it's a No vote lol

(From Dundee, the Yes city:thumbup:)

Argh my vote is in!!!! And it's my birthday!!! A day I'll never forget for the right reasons I hope 😊

Oh and Michelle you aren't voting for anyone just for independence there will be an election for who you want to run the country if the yes vote wins

I can't believe it's cine around so quick.

I think whatever happens politics will never be the same in Scotland

Michelle, after tomorrow, the elected SNP government will still be in power until after their term in 2016 (as will Westminster until independence day). Alex Salmond wants to put in place a cross party negotiating team to negotiate with Westminster, so we will all be well represented.

After independence day, there will be a Scottish general election, where we will get to decide once and for all who is to govern Scotland for it's first term as an independent country!! I think new parties will emerge throughout the next year and the old ones will rebrand themselves :flower:

I'm so nervous about this and its not even going to effect me! Although I think I might be able to claim Scottish citizenship if they do vote Yes. I want them to vote No though, don't leave the Union pleeeease!

That's what I needed to know, sort of just the ins and outs of how it will play out in regards to when there will be a general election iykwim! I've always been a No until now, but I wasn't a strong No.... Well I'm not voting til tonight so there is still time to decide :)

I'm not long back from the polling station. After being a no voter all the way when I actually got there I ended up voting Yes. Just see if the words "Should Scotland be an independent country" made me think twice and I ended up going with my heart.

I'm still unhappy with the lack of firm answers and aggressive tactics but at the end of the day I couldn't vote no.

Michelle just think if your not too bothered by the outcome you will at least get an extra day off work!!!!

Michelle just think if your not too bothered by the outcome you will at least get an extra day off work!!!!

I wish! I'm a SAHM ;)

Aargh, I'm undecided but leaning towards yes now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->